Jump to content

Mw Blacklist


Dangard Ace

Recommended Posts

Admins are not arbitrators in sales or trades between MW members.  You need to work this out with either the seller directly...or have a third-party (like Paypal) settle the case for you.

First, you made the mistake of buying an item BEFORE your requests for pics and answers to your questions were answered.  You basically went against the criteria you yourself put forth on your wanted post----you have very few posts so it is easy to figure out what toy your are referring to.

Second, stick to the requirements you set for yourself in the wanted post.....accept nothing less....the seller not responding or sending you pics does not eliminate his responsibility to deliver what he had previously told you you would receive...a "like new" item.

Third, did you pay for the item using a Paypl Goods and Services payment?  Your wanted post indicates you used Paypal...but not all Paypal payments protect you as the buyer.

If you did use a Paypal G&S payment, you can stop the back-and-forth right now.  Just based on your description of the conversation so far, this member is screwing you around and already flat out lied to you (a like new condition item would not be the correct description for a yellowed item. Period.)

Open a case with Paypal and supply them with whatever info they need.  Essentially, just tell them that the item delivered was not as described and that you want a refund or to be compensated for the damage via a partial refund(personally, just request the full refund and find another one to purchase).  Then wait for Paypal to figure things out.  This seems like a slam-dunk case against the seller.

If you did not use Paypal Goods and Services to pay for your item and instead used a Paypal Friends and Family payment, you are SOL.

I hope you are able to resolve this, it sounds like you were defrauded....if so, we all need to know who this member is so we can all avoid him/her.

The only other option you can pursue, if you essentially paid cash for the item, would be a Postal Fraud Claim.  Since you seem to be residing in Europe, I am not exactly sure how your postal service would accomodate such a case, you would need to do some research online or simply go to your local post office and seek some guidance.

Good Luck!

Edited by jvmacross
Link to comment
Share on other sites

45 minutes ago, jvmacross said:

Admins are not arbitrators in sales or trades between MW members.  You need to work this out with either the seller directly...or have a third-party (like Paypal) settle the case for you.

First, you made the mistake of buying an item BEFORE your requests for pics and answers to your questions were answered.  You basically went against the criteria you yourself put forth on your wanted post----you have very few posts so it is easy to figure out what toy your are referring to.

Second, stick to the requirements you set for yourself in the wanted post.....accept nothing less....the seller not responding or sending you pics does not eliminate his responsibility to deliver what he had previously told you you would receive...a "like new" item.

Third, did you pay for the item using a Paypl Goods and Services payment?  Your wanted post indicates you used Paypal...but not all Paypal payments protect you as the buyer.

If you did use a Paypal G&S payment, you can stop the back-and-forth right now.  Just based on your description of the conversation so far, this member is screwing you around and already flat out lied to you (a like new condition item would not be the correct description for a yellowed item. Period.)

Open a case with Paypal and supply them with whatever info they need.  Essentially, just tell them that the item delivered was not as described and that you want a refund or to be compensated for the damage via a partial refund(personally, just request the full refund and find another one to purchase).  Then wait for Paypal to figure things out.  This seems like a slam-dunk case against the seller.

If you did not use Paypal Goods and Services to pay for your item and instead used a Paypal Friends and Family payment, you are SOL.

I hope you are able to resolve this, it sounds like you were defrauded....if so, we all need to know who this member is so we can all avoid him/her.

The only other option you can pursue, if you essentially paid cash for the item, would be a Postal Fraud Claim.  Since you seem to be residing in Europe, I am not exactly sure how your postal service would accomodate such a case, you would need to do some research online or simply go to your local post office and seek some guidance.

Good Luck!

First of all, thanks for answering.

I would just like to note first that I asked for photos before buying, of course. The thing is that in the photos the item didn't look bad... But sincerely because if you don' make detailed photos you can't see those things. That's why I asked him literally, "Any defect you would note?" and he didn't answer that. That's maybe only the main mistake I made, buying without an answer to that (because I thought we didn't have anything to note). But again, it's a mistake made after reading the description "like new" and seeing photos of an item apparently looking good. 

And second thing, we are not talking about a scammer, the seller says if the third party arbitring this says I'm right, he will compensate me what I ask. So I don't want to give names and ruin future sellings of his user (where I hope he will be more carefull with what he claims and what he sells).

He proposes to look for a random person posted in the straight shooters list and ask him if he would arbitrate. But well, as you said this is something I have to work out directly with the seller, so I won't annoy more about this here.

Thanks for the help and the tips!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Miles_Wolf said:

First of all, thanks for answering.

I would just like to note first that I asked for photos before buying, of course. The thing is that in the photos the item didn't look bad... But sincerely because if you don' make detailed photos you can't see those things. That's why I asked him literally, "Any defect you would note?" and he didn't answer that. That's maybe only the main mistake I made, buying without an answer to that (because I thought we didn't have anything to note). But again, it's a mistake made after reading the description "like new" and seeing photos of an item apparently looking good. 

And second thing, we are not talking about a scammer, the seller says if the third party arbitring this says I'm right, he will compensate me what I ask. So I don't want to give names and ruin future sellings of his user (where I hope he will be more carefull with what he claims and what he sells).

He proposes to look for a random person posted in the straight shooters list and ask him if he would arbitrate. But well, as you said this is something I have to work out directly with the seller, so I won't annoy more about this here.

Thanks for the help and the tips!

OK, sounds like you did not use a Paypal G & S.......is that correct?  I can't see why you would not use Paypal to settle the current issue with your transaction.  Paypal is the appropriate 3rd party arbitrator in this situation........not some random MW member you find from the "straight shooters" list......you are taking a huge risk as a new member in thinking that this seller is acting on YOUR best interest and that whatever member you find will be impartial and not a friend of your seller........of course, you can proceed as you wish, but Paypal should be the resource you use as your 3rd party arbitror....Is the seller trying to dissuade you from going through Paypal to settle your issue?  You both already agreed to use Paypal to facilitate your transaction and now should really use them again to settle the current situation....Again, good luck to you!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, jvmacross said:

OK, sounds like you did not use a Paypal G & S.......is that correct?  I can't see why you would not use Paypal to settle the current issue with your transaction.  Paypal is the appropriate 3rd party arbitrator in this situation........not some random MW member you find from the "straight shooters" list......you are taking a huge risk as a new member in thinking that this seller is acting on YOUR best interest and that whatever member you find will be impartial and not a friend of your seller........of course, you can proceed as you wish, but Paypal should be the resource you use as your 3rd party arbitror....Is the seller trying to dissuade you from going through Paypal to settle your issue?  You both already agreed to use Paypal to facilitate your transaction and now should really use them again to settle the current situation....Again, good luck to you!

I used the "pay to a friend" option on Paypal, so I think Paypal can't do anything on this situation. And yes, you are right on eveything you said, it has been risky and even more while I am new here... But well, I'll try to solve the problem this way and I will take i as a lesson to learn for me. 

We aleady have the hird user to help: "Kaneda's Bike", who appears in the Striaght Shooters list, he's an active user, and has a high good reputation. He has kindly accepted to help, so I hope we get his solved soon.

Thanks again.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 months later...

Unfortunately I would like to nominate Nin Nin Nin-Nin Game: Anime Figures, Video Games & TCG from Japan (nin-nin-game.com) to the list based on my experience purchasing a DX vf-1j armored valkyrie combo pack. I preordered the item in late April. First time buying from them, I did not think twice about ordering with them because at that point, it seemed like they were a legitimate online retailer and did not have a bad rep as NY (Which turned out to be a huge mistake on my part). A few days after official release in Japan, I emailed them inquiring about the status of my order. The first response was they're still waiting on their supplier and the item will ship by mid October. They then put up a public notice they are relocating to a bigger warehouse for faster service so I patiently waited until the 15th. With no updates to my order other than 'preparation in progress' for two weeks, I emailed them again requesting updates about my order. The second rep replied to me saying they're still moving and looking at 2 more weeks until shipping will finally resume. - It definitely did not feel like they are putting customers first, but rather their situations and predicament. My Paypal purchase protection will have expired by then so I requested to cancel my order. They got back to me with a voucher + 1,000 yen for the delay, no mention of refund! At that point I had absolutely zero intention to do business with them. I started a Paypal dispute not to end up with store credit. 3 days later, after numerous request to act on the ongoing dispute, NN finally issued refund and closed my account at the same time. The final words from the rep were, 'we are not working late Friday nights or weekends. The person in charge of handling Paypal disputes was away for personal reasons, etc etc.'..Always some lame excuses.

At the end of the day, buying toys shouldn't be this stressful. Either you ship stuff on time, or give your customers a proper heads up so that we don't have to send thousand emails asking where the heck our order is. It will also be considerate for retailers to keep in mind that most buyers use Paypal for the protection and there's the 6 month time limit should something go wrong.

Buyers beware. I do not recommend buying from Nin Nin.

Edited by Angesdad
Link to comment
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...