Mw Blacklist

Dangard Ace

59 minutes ago, Ipsquitch said:

True that! Is is early in day though. The seller may not even be aware of this post yet.

Weiser21's original post was 3 hours ago.....your post was 58 minutes ago as of this reply....the seller was last on the site 1 hour ago.....his sales listings were locked an hour ago....he is most likely fully aware of the situation

2 minutes ago, jvmacross said:

No offense to you and nothing personal, but how would Weiser21 know without any doubt that you are not compromised via some kind of friendship with his seller....or that you are even being truthful about your item NEVER being transformed?......again, just thinking through this in a way that does not weaken Weiser21's current position...the only way he can be certain that the posted pics he is requesting are of a NEW and NOT TRANFORMED VF-31A are from his seller who has told him that he had 2...one NEVER TRANSFORMED and one that was and that he may have sent him the INCORRECT VF-31A....so if his seller can supply him with the pics of his second VF-31A and also show the same sort of "defects" then that should be enough to satisfy Weiser21 that these defects are "normal"......no other pics can be guaranteed to be of a Brand new, just taken out of the box VF-31A (short of someone doing a video of one being taken out of a sealed brand new VF-1A).....the seller says his second VF-31A is precisely this...so let him take pics of it and send them to Weiser21

I know it's not personal. :)  You're correct in that it is almost impossible to "really" tell if someone is being truthful, but there is also an implied truth in community consensus. I'd have to look way back in the 31a thread, but I was pretty sure the blemishes common to Weiser21 and my 31a were relatively common across the entire release.

1 minute ago, Ipsquitch said:

I know it's not personal. :)  You're correct in that it is almost impossible to "really" tell if someone is being truthful, but there is also an implied truth in community consensus. I'd have to look way back in the 31a thread, but I was pretty sure the blemishes common to Weiser21 and my 31a were relatively common across the entire release.

Yes, but there is also danger in community concensus as truth can often differ from fact

23 hours ago, weiser21 said:

Bad transaction with @jrhudson311 on a VF-31A Kairos. He advertised it as never having been transformed but the item I received has scratches, dings, dents, and paint chips everywhere. We could not agree on a partial refund, he offered $70, I requested $100. So I opened a Paypal dispute so that return shipping would be covered. Below is what I put in my claim:

The item was described in the ad as never having been transformed. The item I received has dings, dents, and scratches all over indicating that it had been transformed. Also, 2 optional fist that are only used when the item has been transformed have been removed from their sealed baggies. I contacted the seller and we were unable to agree on a partial refund amount. If the seller does not agree to the amount I requested, please change the dispute to a return

I put in the optional partial refund request to give him another chance to reconsider. I don’t know what he told Paypal but my claim was denied and closed in hours. So now I’m stuck with a banged up item, no partial refund, no return.

He could have at least accepted a return, he admitted in my chats with him that there were issues. He admitted he had 2, maybe he confused the two and sent me the one he’s transformed. I have screenshots of my chat with him in case he decides to edit them.

I have opened a dispute with my credit card.

Good Evening,

This will be the only statement on this matter for I feel it has been dragged out long enough already.  The buyer sent me about 7 pics, most of which have been shown in this thread, where he attempts to show damage.  I recognize immediately the dent in the little front wing as something that needs to be addressed but could not seriously consider the other photos that show paint chipping that was on both my 31A’s when they arrived and have been documented by others on this forum as the state they arrived from the factory.  The buyer at first was asking for a 20%-30% refund.  I could not justify such a refund based on the minor blemish that did not affect the function or form of the plane in any mode so I offered $70.  The buyer refused the refund then stated that if he did not get a $100 refund from me by EOD he would open a case with PayPal at which point I invited him to do so.  Upon opening the dispute with PayPal he was asking for a refund of either $100 or a total refund if the $initial amount could not be obtained.  Considering the amount of a full refund I immediately called PayPal and had the case escalated and begin discussing the issue with them.  I provided the original sales photo and upon further examination of the photo you can actually see the dent fairly clearly.  I want to point out at this point that I was not aware of the dent but took seriously that it was there which is why I offered a refund that I felt was reasonable.  The PayPal claims dept and I examined the other photos and they could not see anything that significantly, or in a minor fashion, affected form and/or function of the item.  At that point the case was closed in my favor as this was considered a case of buyer’s remorse.

To close this out I would like to state that I was at fault for not noticing the dent, but that the buyer was also at fought for, at the very least, not closely examining the sales photo/and or asking for additional photos.   It’s unfortunate that the buyer has decided to take this route and is disappointing that my sales thread has been locked but we are all at the mercy of the admins and if that is there choice I will not waste any time debating it.  I will not be providing any further refunds to this buyer as I can not in my mind support the type of behavior that if one cannot get their way then they will simply retaliate by, in this case, attempting to get me black listed.  Honestly, at the end of the day, he will probably get credited back his $500 from his credit card company and get to keep the plane.  My suggestion, and opinion, is that if one is going to exercise such high standards they may want to avoid buying used items on a internet forum.  At this point I leave up the final decision to the admins and the court of public opinion.  Attached in this statement is the original sales photo were I have indicated the damaged area.

rOxnAXn.jpg

6 minutes ago, jrhudson311 said:

At this point I leave up the final decision to the admins and the court of public opinion.  Attached in this statement is the original sales photo were I have indicated the damaged area.

If you were able to offer a $70 credit for the perceived damage....why not just offer it again to put an end to this and just chalk it up as a lesson learned....

Or if you beleive you could sell the VF-31A in it's current condition, which you seem to acknowledge is how you sent it...minus the previously missed "dent"....for the same amount of money ....perhaps you could consider a return/refund, minus the original shipping amount...again just to "end" the ordeal for both of you....

At this point, it seems leaving things "as is" will unfortunately hurt you more so than the buyer...if that even matters to you any longer..... I doubt you could sell anything here again unless this is resolved between you...

Personally, I think you should take the high ground and just re-offer the $70 credit....I would also advise that it should be contingent on revising any comments to include that the issue has been resolved via mutual agreement....

The lesson here for everyone that deals on MW's For Sale/Trade forums is for buyers to ask the right questions and for sellers to know exactly what you are selling and take tons of pics, post them up and DO NOT REMOVE THEM from the original listing so you can easily reference them if issues arise.....

Everyone here can be friends...but business is business, do it right and no one should come out feeling screwed

Hope things can be worked out between you both!

23 minutes ago, weiser21 said:

I can post screenshots of our chat, I did not demand a certain amount. He offered, I counter offered. As I said, I opened the case so that return shipping would be covered by Paypal.

I would advise against posting any "private" conversation and further derailing things.....at this point both he and you have publicly stated that an offer of $70 was made....it is in the interest of both of you at this point to just settle at that amount and move on.....hopefully, he can see the benefit in re-offering you that amount and bring this to a reasonably positive conclusion...

Not sure where we are with this one right now, I asked a couple more questions and will hopefully have answers tomorrow
I don't think the partial refund is on the table anymore due to the buyer filing a claim
Not sure how long the back and forth went before it escalated to that either
Not sure how the item was described in the original ad other than stating it was not-transformed, but pictures also mean it was an open box/used item.

Sure we'll clear it up tomorrow and be able to move forward.

We should probably post some newer recommendations for sellers/buyers so they can both protect themselves if something is unsatisfactory in a transaction.
Maybe also some general reconciliation options if that happens, before things get escalated and tempers flair up.

I wish these items were readily available outside of Japan, and certainly wish they not all several hundreds of dollars each...that is a lot of money on the line vs a $20 action figure.

19 minutes ago, Shawn said:

Not sure where we are with this one right now, I asked a couple more questions and will hopefully have answers tomorrow
I don't think the partial refund is on the table anymore due to the buyer filing a claim
Not sure how long the back and forth went before it escalated to that either
Not sure how the item was described in the original ad other than stating it was not-transformed, but pictures also mean it was an open box/used item.

Sure we'll clear it up tomorrow and be able to move forward.

We should probably post some newer recommendations for sellers/buyers so they can both protect themselves if something is unsatisfactory in a transaction.
Maybe also some general reconciliation options if that happens, before things get escalated and tempers flair up.

I wish these items were readily available outside of Japan, and certainly wish they not all several hundreds of dollars each...that is a lot of money on the line vs a $20 action figure.

Kudos to you for taking the time to mediate and provide a constantly improving environment where this sort of thing can get handled with a minimum of drama. Everyone owes you a big thanks. You could easily shut the whole show down and just not deal with it,

I like you idea of a "selling format" and/or dispute resolution system. That could go a long way toward a great environment.

Thanks Shawn.:hail:

I've read the responses back and forth, In my mind this is what I understand happened

Seller sold buyer opened non-transformed toy
Buyer got toy, sees defects, contacts buyer
They discuss over a couple days
Buyer offers up partial refund ($70), seller declines ($100 was their minimum)
Buyer files claims with paypal, paypal denies
Seller is now offering no refund
Buyer is going to try a CC claim
Quite a mess going on.

But the basic question is, does this seller deserve to belong on the blacklist for this transaction.

I am going to say "no", with my reasons here with available internet "evidence", for what its worth.

I spent two hours going through the vf-31 thread, and CAN see some of the minor defects the buyer listed on other toys, so I am going to classify those under issues as likely to be caused because it is a mass-produced toy. Yes, when you ask, the videos and pictures I looked at were from transformed products, but that is all I have access to. I could not find a picture of one straight out of the box, so I cannot definitively say this is, or is not, a direct result of a transformation. All I can say is that there appear to be common defects with this toy at some point in its life. 

The winglet bend bugs me the most, as it is pretty obvious in my eyes even without a red circle. I believe this should have been noticed and disclosed by the seller.
I do feel the $70 credit for the winglet bend could have been adequate compensation, but unfortunately it was not accepted, and is not on the table as an option anymore. It would go a long way for the seller to re-offer this as an option, but it is not for me to force it, and there is the question if the buyer would even accept it.

I am sorry this transaction did not turn out well. We should all seriously consider this as a lesson we can all learn from when dealing with these multi-hundred dollar toys.
We will write up a help guide for the For Sale section on open boxed/used items to try and help members steer clear of these problems in the future.

On a side note (not that is matters),  I do think the buyer got an incredible toy-I never looked twice at these in the past, but the engineering and detail is quite amazing.
I can now understand the very high demand for these very limited pieces. I see why they are $500-$1000 on Yahoo Japan.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-NX7ChV1Jag

image.png.c2e9059ddb0c1c9e89516a64844e4cfe.png

image.png.89931d96953f5c199045c3a175add199.png

image.png.525379b3f8cb163de87dbbac8571d6c1.png

image.png.0e21137f22e8dd3286db57dccb470f9e.png

image.png.25f57d5b20e07a4e3e4de4d2deb23a30.png

image.png.f63443d5f5cd59b994ac7b5a94968649.png

Jump to 3:37

image.png.d4d5dbbc274e3f6d3b1f553365415d4a.png

https://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/n450276694

image.png.8310a6b54c4dfdc0ee0c7ed3c21f0d0f.png

https://game.watch.impress.co.jp/img/gmw/docs/1114/501/html/at_15.jpg.html

image.png.4dcb36c113db3022dc49c55dad8004a1.png

image.png

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/3/2020 at 10:15 AM, weiser21 said:

Bad transaction with @jrhudson311 on a VF-31A Kairos. He advertised it as never having been transformed but the item I received has scratches, dings, dents, and paint chips everywhere. We could not agree on a partial refund, he offered $70, I requested $100. So I opened a Paypal dispute so that return shipping would be covered. Below is what I put in my claim:

The item was described in the ad as never having been transformed. The item I received has dings, dents, and scratches all over indicating that it had been transformed. Also, 2 optional fist that are only used when the item has been transformed have been removed from their sealed baggies. I contacted the seller and we were unable to agree on a partial refund amount. If the seller does not agree to the amount I requested, please change the dispute to a return

I put in the optional partial refund request to give him another chance to reconsider. I don’t know what he told Paypal but my claim was denied and closed in hours. So now I’m stuck with a banged up item, no partial refund, no return.

He could have at least accepted a return, he admitted in my chats with him that there were issues. He admitted he had 2, maybe he confused the two and sent me the one he’s transformed. I have screenshots of my chat with him in case he decides to edit them.

I have opened a dispute with my credit card.

Did this issue ever get resolved between you two?  Seems the seller is selling more things so maybe you two worked out the issues with the item he sold you?

• 1 month later...

So it sounds like the feedback is that CW should offer an upgraded shipping option in sturdier packaging. 

I think most vendors would have told you that they're not responsible for shipping issues and that'd be the end of it. Unfortunate that the attempt to be better than that escalated to two pissed off people.

It's up to the retailer. I've seen HK companies offer paper over the box or a separate cardboard box for more money, I think KitzConcept does that. Of course, if payment is by PayPal that adds another layer as they have their own requirements. 

I can attest with @sqidd here since I was the other person who had the box and shipper box destroyed in transit from shipping.  CW's packaging is god awful as they only put 4 stoppers around the corners inside the box.  Literally everything was crushed inside and out (see pictures).  Who honestly thinks that packaging can withstand when the item has to go halfway around the world?  I'm sure we'd pay a little more for sufficient packaging with piece of mind that it will arrive safely.   

@Blackaces did eventually ship a replacement box and blister but it was after much back and forth over who was going to pay shipping. 

Dude comes up in here calling names and what not therefore mods had to delete the posts.  Just remember who your customer base are and many of those are MWF'ers.@sqiddhas one of the best reputations (if not THE best) on this forum.  Take that for consideration.  

E7134EF4-768F-40AD-8F97-3C24308A4C55.jpeg.f7d916252d503b680c2387d71304a94f.jpeg

B77194F1-66A6-4EFB-A7EA-13D9B5D674B8.jpeg.40abce78e1323a364423a04241b39b00.jpeg

A48F5791-CF9D-4936-80F3-2EFA414220CF.jpeg.d0efe1039b41b849ff55d87b465d68cc.jpeg

No argument that a bigger box with packing material wouldn't be a prudent change... And if it started with "the postal service ruined my box, can I arrange for a replacement?" then I get it. I don't know that I would feel the seller HAS to provide a new box free of charge because of it, but it'd be nice if they did. Again, PayPal would add a layer. This used to be a situation where retailers would tell you to submit a claim to the postal service so I guess we've come a long way.

As someone who was also in the original thread where I indicated that it was only a good business decision to ship a box, since folks buying these tend to be collectors who want their boxes intact as well (or a discount if the box is damaged). After the thread, I nicely took it to PMs to discuss. I mainly noted that I intended no disrespect but that keeping collectors happy is a good idea, especially in our niche market. There was a little back and forth about sqidd, but ultimately I asked:

I can check in with him.

Separately, do you know if you plan on making the carrier catapult section to match up with your elevator in the future?

I asked a similar question in the relevant threads for the carrier elevator. I then got a series of PMs with all the back and forth between him and sqidd. When I didn't respond to all that, as I believe that's between him and sqidd, he said:

It seems you are not able to reply to this 

it is just sad

At this point, Noel is more interested in a personal battle with sqidd than in answering a question about his products. I understand with all the BW hoolabaloo over the "Mac Z" Tomcat and with covid that things are stressful, but this all seems more like a personal grudge match than business.

Sorry but as I hope a senior Member on here, Blackaces has done quiet a few business back in my early beginnings and have never had a problem. 

This ordeal has enlightened me on how this community decides who is who. Granted Mw forum has changed quiet a bit and if we base reputation on posts and transactions I believe Blackaces has a bigger list of people he’s done transactions with compared to my own. Then again correct me if I’m wrong. 

the popcorn comments aren’t helping the situation folks. If there is nothing relevant to add please refrain from posting. 

Edited by Kicker773

Wow....

If no refund was issued, but a new "box and packaging" was sent...then @sqidd now has a "collector" grade item, is that right?

If a refund was issued and @Blackaces sent a replacement "box and packaging"...then @sqidd should return the paypal "refund"....

It is nearly impossible to "prove" anything here...however, it seems like @sqidd's original issue has been resolved with the box replacement...

Looking at this....it would seem that the case was closed before Paypal could determine to issue a refund or not?

@Blackacesare you seeing a debit on your side for the amount of the transaction with @sqidd?  Is it possible Paypal screwed up and issued a full refund automatically?  If so, then @sqiddshould return the refund since his collectible has been made "whole" with the receipt of the replacement "mint" box...

@Blackacesdid you receive a notice of determination for the case from Paypal?  That alone would settle whether or not you ended up having to refund whatever amount Paypal says @sqiddwas entitled to.  You had to have received something from Paypal showing that they took the refund amount from your balance and sent it to the buyer.  Did you post that yet, I did not see it....

Edited by Roy Focker
Personal Info

Some of you here may remember that I was once a seller here on MW, and for a time, I ran a full-time proxy service from Tokyo. Being a collector myself, and knowing PayPal rules, and just by doing my due diligence as a seller I had hardly ever had problems with items being damaged. I also knew that taking a loss was inevitably in the cards, no matter who’s fault it was by. That is the price of doing business, and it’s as simple as that.

This is not a case of dealing with a buyer trying to scam the seller, this is just — the seller harassing the buyer over — his own bad business practices. Being on the blacklist is appropriate. 

Besides, it’s not like the seller couldn’t  have invested in extra bubble wrap (hell even old newspapers) as cushion and over sizes shipping boxes without taking a loss, since he had — saved money by not paying for a — license — to produce the item in the first place. 

Edited by Save

1 hour ago, Kicker773 said:

the popcorn comments aren’t helping the situation folks. If there is nothing relevant to add please refrain from posting.

That’s probably true. Not trying to stoke the flames. Apologies. I’m just not sure how a transaction that didn’t even occur on MW is relevant on the Blacklist when it includes a retail vendor. (I’m referring to Blackaces claim that started this.) This isn’t Joe’s eBay shop or an individual collector we’re talking about.  I understand Blackaces has been on the board a looong time. Respect there. And I don’t have issues with either party. It’s just taking up a ton of unneeded space. All it does is tell me how Calibre handles customer service issues where the customer is considered difficult and rude (based on Blackaces comments - not my own assessment of Sqidd).

That being said, your comment is anecdotal and doesn’t really help resolve the issue either. 

Edited by DYRL VF-1S

On 11/3/2020 at 7:59 PM, Blackaces said:

You still do not get it, PayPal will always favour the buyer.

We have also accepted that in a business year, there will always be at least 1 such reversal. (and it is always not our fault) If it is our fault, we will own up to it.

You happen to be the one this year. Congrats

PayPal did not favor the buyer in my case. I don't know what he told PayPal and my credit card company, but both of them decided in his favor.

Shipping is a risk that is burdened by the buyer, hence most sellers will offer shipping insurance to cover any damages that might happen. 

I recently made an order on MyKombini and they offered me shipping options with no insurance, partial insurance (6K Yen) or full insurance. I get to choose the level of risk I am willing to take.

I am not all familiar with PayPal's insurance or packaging requirements so I cannot speak to that.

I do however know that when you file an insurance claim with any carrier they will ask for proof of adequate padding in the packaging. In this case, there is no padding at all. Therefore, the carrier will likely deny the claim and the seller is on hook due to inadequate padding.

Let's focus on fair resolution, and not fault. It seems all that is needed is proof from @Blackaces that indeed PayPal reversed the entire charge. @sqidd has already stated his willingness to pay when proof is provided. Please send adequate proof and put this matter to rest.

Mod Roy here,

What I'm posting right now isn't an official response from us but maybe it give you an insider look to what we might be feeling.

This whole thing is a mess.  This issue really shouldn't be argued on here and it really isn't our job to fix it.  Nobody is going to leave this looking good.  I haven't even reviewed the arguments of both sides.   I suggest that everybody just take it elsewhere to PayPal or whatever legal entity of their choice and avoid responding to each other here.  Because if keeps going the way it is I predict all parties are going to wave goodbye to everybody.

• 3 months later...

Well... sigh.  I just had a horrible dealing with a certain mfairy77 on ebay in what was going to be a great deal on an HMR Monster for $170 after getting the winning bid with no reserve.  Since I live in Wisconsin, I politely asked if I could pick it up locally.  They responded by asking me to pay for it outside of ebay by asking me for my paypal address to invoice me directly (a known paypal scam) sans shipping.  Having done this several times in the past with no issue, I politely asked them to instead invoice me through ebay, but that if ebay had something blocking that, I was perfectly happy paying the shipping and following normal process.  I even offered to pay shipping AND pick it up.  Then they started getting belligerent and accusing ME of asking to break policy.  They then said not to pay, and would cancel in the morning.   I said there should be nothing wrong with paying as normal and having it shipped per the ebay agreement... and then promptly paid for it so that ebay couldn't accuse me of not paying immediately.  Knowing they now have to answer to ebay for cancelling a paid sale, the problem is now on their hands, so they started getting more belligerent and THEN SOMEHOW GOT MY PHONE NUMBER AND TEXTED ME!  I have no idea how that happened, but apparently you can request it through ebay from what I've googled on the matter.  WTF?!

Anyway, I think they're just snowflakes or something, and I don't think they're running a scam.  They did ask me to stop emailing them (through ebay) so they could sleep... then DON'T RESPOND.  It's not wrong for me to communicate about the details of a sale.  But I do NOT condone sellers who cancel sales!!!  And since I was nothing but polite and accommodating to any and all proper policy and personal/safety needs, I can only assume that they realized that the sale was for much less than they could normally get (all other sales are for $300+). 

They claimed to have sold a lot of gundam and other toys but haven't sold anything for a year.  They'll probably be relisting the Monster and already have an HMR Roy for sale.  Please don't buy from them!  Buyer beware.

3 hours ago, Pontus said:

Well... sigh.  I just had a horrible dealing with a certain mfairy77 on ebay in what was going to be a great deal on an HMR Monster for $170 after getting the winning bid with no reserve.  Since I live in Wisconsin, I politely asked if I could pick it up locally.  They responded by asking me to pay for it outside of ebay by asking me for my paypal address to invoice me directly (a known paypal scam) sans shipping. 

I do not think he was trying to scam you, however, it does sound like since you were willing to pick up the item....he wanted to try and save on the ebay fees by completing the deal outside ebay entirely.....the danger with this is you could be listed as a non-paying bidder and also busted by eBay for circumventing their "rules".....it could have worked, but only if the transaction were done properly....at that point it would have been no different than buying it off of Macross World....essentially skipping eBay and possibly Paypal if done as a local pickup....

The only way to protect against issues (as a buyer) would have been to have him agree to "cancel" the transaction before sending any payment....or meet in person, then he would need to accept your cancellation via eBay "on the spot" for the item....then you pay him "on the spot" after inspecting the item (a must)...oh and as the seller, I would have insisted on a friends and family paypal payment (or cash)...the reason for this would be two-fold....the seller would get paid with no additional fees taken out of the sale price and you would not be able to come back later and file any claim with Paypal (which would make the inspection before payment mandatory  since "all sales final" after the inspection)....of course, all of this would have to have been agreed upon by both parties before making the trip....a lot to consider, which is why you (as a buyer) are always just better off keeping it all on eBay and having it shipped....as a seller, local pick up is only good when you can save on the 10% fee and you allow for a thorough inspection in exchange for cash or a "friends and family" paypal payment....otherwise, your level of vulnerability (as a seller) will be the same as if just shipping it out and going through eBay...

One other thing too is that in this "pay outside of eBay" scenario....there are two main benefits.....the first is you (the buyer) save on shipping and get your item potentially much faster (all depends on how soon you can arrange the pickup).....the second is the seller saves on the eBay fees (10% of final auction price)....who benefits more?.....it all depends on various factors....but at the most basic comparison level, it is essentially the seller's benefit of the 10% eBay fee v the buyer's benefit on the shipping savings...in your example it would be $17 v whatever he was going to charge you to ship the item....of course, this is assuming that everyone is acting in good faith....

The ironic part of what transpired is that the seller potentially could have also placed himself in danger if YOU were actually the scammer (not saying you are mind you)....let's say you did give him your paypal address and he legitimately wanted to complete the deal because he liked the idea of pocketing the 10% he would have lost by completing the deal on eBay....he sends you the invoice and you pay using "goods and services" (which I advise to always use unless you are completing a deal "in person" and can inspect the item before you hit the "send" button)....if nothing was agreed to in terms of payment type...he now has to eat the paypal fee and is "on the hook" for the item for 3 months after it is in your possession....let's say you are a scammer, you then file a claim with paypal for a broken item (because you wanted to replace your busted Monster all along) and as we all know, Paypal will most likely side with the buyer......and if the seller was one of these types that insists that shipping insurance is NOT his responsibility, he is then stuck with the buyer's busted Monster (not even his own) and no way to get compensated for it.....

It's a shame things did not work out....that was a good price for a Monster these days...but next time I advise to just simply complete transactions on eBay  through eBay and have it shipped, unless you can protect yourself as described above....

Curious.....what was the shipping price?

@jvmacrossShipping was $35.

Lol, this morning, they said they were willing to work with me if I had "settled down" and "wanted to get in the right footing" with them again.  I said there's nothing to discuss, it's paid, and I no longer feel comfortable with local pickup, so please ship it as listed.  Still a great deal if condition is good ("never displayed").

I don't like doing friends and family online (even here), because if there's a problem, there's no protection for anyone, and that's the entire point of paypal.  I love the community here, but I don't know you.  And going outside of ebay is also entirely against that same point.  Local pickup isn't going outside of ebay and is totally within their provisions. 

This person acted like I was asking for something dangerous, ironically only after I refused to pay them outside of ebay.:unknw:  I can only assume that they were unhappy with the price as we were having a happy conversation up until that point.  And it's not like I immediately got accusatory about it either.  I simply asked that we go through ebay so that they know I paid, and if that wasn't possible or something, we could just ship it and do it the normal way.  That's when they threatened to cancel.  It seemed to me they were looking for the slightest reason possible to cancel.  That's the only thing I can figure.

Apparently, they think ebay will overlook them circumventing, threatening cancellation, and direct contact and instead focus on the fact that I wrote "YOU" in all caps a couple of times to defend myself from their unfounded attack on ME.  Literally, that's the worst language I used (which was really late game at that point), and I was completely civil when they accused ME of asking for circumvention and of being a "dangerous person."  :rofl:  Good luck with that.  Ebay has my report, and I have no fear of them seeing what I wrote.  It's pretty cut and dry.  Probably just a big misunderstanding and covid stress though.  Sigh.  They haven't cancelled yet.  At this point, I'm sorta hoping they do just so I don't have to deal with it anymore, film the box opening, take it up with ebay when it's broken or something, etc. etc.

2 hours ago, Pontus said:

@jvmacrossShipping was $35.

Lol, this morning, they said they were willing to work with me if I had "settled down" and "wanted to get in the right footing" with them again.  I said there's nothing to discuss, it's paid, and I no longer feel comfortable with local pickup, so please ship it as listed.  Still a great deal if condition is good ("never displayed").

I don't like doing friends and family online (even here), because if there's a problem, there's no protection for anyone, and that's the entire point of paypal.  I love the community here, but I don't know you.  And going outside of ebay is also entirely against that same point.  Local pickup isn't going outside of ebay and is totally within their provisions. 

This person acted like I was asking for something dangerous, ironically only after I refused to pay them outside of ebay.:unknw:  I can only assume that they were unhappy with the price as we were having a happy conversation up until that point.  And it's not like I immediately got accusatory about it either.  I simply asked that we go through ebay so that they know I paid, and if that wasn't possible or something, we could just ship it and do it the normal way.  That's when they threatened to cancel.  It seemed to me they were looking for the slightest reason possible to cancel.  That's the only thing I can figure.

Apparently, they think ebay will overlook them circumventing, threatening cancellation, and direct contact and instead focus on the fact that I wrote "YOU" in all caps a couple of times to defend myself from their unfounded attack on ME.  Literally, that's the worst language I used (which was really late game at that point), and I was completely civil when they accused ME of asking for circumvention and of being a "dangerous person."  :rofl:  Good luck with that.  Ebay has my report, and I have no fear of them seeing what I wrote.  It's pretty cut and dry.  Probably just a big misunderstanding and covid stress though.  Sigh.  They haven't cancelled yet.  At this point, I'm sorta hoping they do just so I don't have to deal with it anymore, film the box opening, take it up with ebay when it's broken or something, etc. etc.

Cool, hope it works out...it is still a good deal even shipped!

Agreed about the "friends and family" payments for goods and services over the web....always use "goods and services" type of paypal payment when dealing with someone who you do not know...I do not think most sites including eBay will allow you to use any other paypal method type....

With that said, there are situations where F&F is completely fine as I described in my initial reply.....essentially it is OK to use in any situation where you could also be completely fine with using cash.....again.....just use commonsense in any business dealing and you should be fine...

Good Luck!

Edited by jvmacross

3 hours ago, jvmacross said:

Cool, hope it works out...it is still a good deal even shipped!

Agreed about the "friends and family" payments for goods and services over the web....always use "goods and services" type of paypal payment when dealing with someone who you do not know...I do not think most sites including eBay will allow you to use any other paypal method type....

With that said, there are situations where F&F is completely fine as I described in my initial reply.....essentially it is OK to use in any situation where you could also be completely fine with using cash.....again.....just use commonsense in any business dealing and you should be fine...

Good Luck!

It did not.  But it did end in pretty stupid fashion on their part.  My last message listed the infractions shown in our exchange and addressed ebay directly (since I assume they will be reading it now that I've reported them).  They responded with more excuses saying they felt threatened (absolutely nothing to warrant that) and in doing so clearly admitted to asking for payment outside of ebay, and refused to send me anything "because why would they send me anything with their return address on it based on my accusations..."

Anyway, stay away from mfairy77.  It was some fun drama tho!  It was hilarious watching them weasel out of a sale only to get caught in their own petard.  I hope ebay brings down the ban hammer, but I kinda doubt it.

Edited by Pontus

6 minutes ago, Pontus said:

It did not.  But it did end in pretty stupid fashion on their part.  My last message listed the infractions shown in our exchange and addressed ebay directly (since I assume they will be reading it now that I've reported them).  They responded with more excuses saying they felt threatened (absolutely nothing to warrant that) and in doing so clearly admitted to asking for payment outside of ebay, and refused to send me anything "because why would they send me anything with their return address on it based on my accusations..."

The best part tho... :lol: One of the accusations I supposedly made was that "she was cancelling because it didn't sell high enough."  Although I was certainly thinking that, I NEVER SAID ANYTHING OF THE SORT which means they accidentally let out their true reason for cancelling.  I made a point to highlight that for ebay.  Their words, not mine.

Anyway, stay away from mfairy77.  It was some fun drama tho!  It was hilarious watching them weasel out of a sale only to get caught in their own petard.  I hope ebay brings down the ban hammer, but I kinda doubt it.

Sorry to hear that....I think I found the auction....their rating is at 80%....so not a good sign.....you may have dodged a bullet!

• 5 months later...

Hello.

I am trying to look for help.

- I bought a Valkyrie to another user (for now I won't say his name until an admin approves this).

- The description of the Valk's condition was "like new".

- I ask to the seller literally if the valk had any marks, scratches, etc. wich I should know about before buying. He doesn't answer to it so I understand there's nothing to note.

- I buy the valk.

- I recieve the valk and just after opening I see it has a lot of marks and scractches, and the nose cone is partially yellowed.

- I contact the user, I tell him this is not the condition he specified (showing him photos) and I tell him I even asked to know about any of those deffects. He says he didn't think any of those deffects were an issue... 

- I ask him for a 50$ compensation for the deffects (from a totoal of 350$ for the valk). He doesn't answer to that.

- He proposes to get a third party on the conversation to solve this. I say ok to that (although I say it's wasting time because I think the proofs are so clear that this should be solved easily).

- After that he hasn't answered for a week.

If there's any admin there, I suppose he will be able to get in my Private Message box and read the conversation (it's the latest one).

Is there something I can do or somebody here that can help me?

Thank you.