Mw Blacklist

Dangard Ace

Got taken for a ride by Ebay seller Davesellingthings. He puts up preorders, then goes through the trouble of telling you the shipment is in and provides you a legit tracking number, but never actually delivers the box to the post office. He does just enough to string you along until you are outside the 45 day window to launch a case, so Ebay/Paypal will do nothing to help you out. This guy is a serious asswipe.

If you pay for things through paypal you should use a credit card. They offer additional protection and you can go through them instead of paypal. If you did pay through your credit card on paypal you should contact the cc company and say item was never received. Paypal will open a chargeback on the seller and then the seller will need to prove that the item shipped and was delivered. If the tracking number does not show delivery to you...you will get a refund. I had a chargeback opened against me over 2 months after it showed delivered. So I guess it works...item was delivered so I won the case.

Anyway if you didn't use a credit card to pay I would recc. talking to the seller and mentioning getting USPS involved as well as ic3.gov. They would be the Internet Crime Complaint branch. Regardless it is postal fraud if he claims to have shipped through USPS. Hope that helps.

Thanks for the tips. I did open a case with ic3. I'll try USPS next, but with "free shipping" I'm sure insurance wasn't provided.

I also called regarding the 45 days, and they said that they have no legal power to do anything, that they'll just send him another email. So I've got that going for me :rolleyes: .

If he hasn't moved, then his address information puts him just a few miles from my in-laws, and where I lived for a couple years after college. Next time I'm down there, I think a couple of my friends and I may pay him a visit. After all, I've got 250 reasons to stop by.

People who are no longer eligible to participate in my GB in the future.

sil80jdm - ordered at DX VF-171EX and cancelled.

VF-1T - ordered at DX VF-171EX and cancelled.

subie81 - asked for a DX VF-171EX on July 27, then after a quote said he already got one last month.

Please don't waste my time. Thanks.

Thanks for the tips. I did open a case with ic3. I'll try USPS next, but with "free shipping" I'm sure insurance wasn't provided.

I also called regarding the 45 days, and they said that they have no legal power to do anything, that they'll just send him another email. So I've got that going for me :rolleyes: .

If he hasn't moved, then his address information puts him just a few miles from my in-laws, and where I lived for a couple years after college. Next time I'm down there, I think a couple of my friends and I may pay him a visit. After all, I've got 250 reasons to stop by.

if there is no USPS insurance involved it is still Mail Fraud. He is using the USPS to rip you off. They don't like that. You should ask to file a complaint.

I'm holding USPS as my last straw. I filed a complaint through iC3, and today got a call from a State Police detective. He then called the seller, Dave, and told him he was following up on a fraud claim. The seller claimed he shipped the item, but the detective said that when he started pressing him about the bogus tracking number, the guy started stumbling over his words. The detective left it that if he didn't follow through, he'd be facing criminal charges. Hell yeah!! He said if Dave doesn't contact me in the next couple days to make it right, let him know, and he'll contact the guy's local PD to take it from there. I guess there is some benefits to living in a state as boring as Vermont - the police have time on their hands to deal with petty crimes like this in a timely manner. Makes me feel like my taxes are actually doing something.

I'm holding USPS as my last straw. I filed a complaint through iC3, and today got a call from a State Police detective. He then called the seller, Dave, and told him he was following up on a fraud claim. The seller claimed he shipped the item, but the detective said that when he started pressing him about the bogus tracking number, the guy started stumbling over his words. The detective left it that if he didn't follow through, he'd be facing criminal charges. Hell yeah!! He said if Dave doesn't contact me in the next couple days to make it right, let him know, and he'll contact the guy's local PD to take it from there. I guess there is some benefits to living in a state as boring as Vermont - the police have time on their hands to deal with petty crimes like this in a timely manner. Makes me feel like my taxes are actually doing something.

Awesome news RT junkie, I am glad you are making some headway in your case. I hope it all gets solved for you without any losses.

In the words of Jessie Slaughter's dad - "You dun goofed up, cause I back traced it!" "I called the state police and the cyber police!" "Consequences will never be the same!"

Edited by Loop

This may be odd, but I think it needs to be noted: blacklist points for any online retailer or shopping resource that "revamps" their website and turns it into an utter piece of crap that takes a once pleasant shopping experience and morphs it into flat out failure. Fromjapan.com was one of my favorite proxy sites to deal with because it offered a ton of helpful search options, was fairly easy to use, and had great service. But ever since their redesign, they've eliminated all the helpful search tools, and you can't even navigate page to page through the f*cking site to see what's available. Completely screwed up everything; it's amazing how bad it is, and to think they felt they were improving themselves.

Also, Hobbylink Japan, I'm looking at you. Nice job turning your once fun site into a generic looking piece of crap web template cookie cutter site... seriously, between From Japan and Hobbylink Japan, you'd think they grabbed a 2nd year graphic design undergrad drop out to design their "new" sites.

I won an auction but when I chose the pay tab it would refresh to the search page. I was worried I'd get hounded for not paying but everything worked fine on my iPad. I also can't delete items from my watch list, the screen refreshes and I see a "delete failed" message.

Edited by jenius

`Thats awesome news RT, hopefully you'll be getting your money back shortly!!

Refund arrived today! The long arm of the law helped me out on this one. So, that's $250 back in my pocket to turn around and put right into the Macross economy - through a reputable seller this time.

Suck it Dave. You're lucky my team doesn't boot your door in and stomp you a Mississippi mud hole in your @$$. Stupid posse comitatus.

Edited by Benson13

Suck it Dave. You're lucky my team doesn't boot your door in and stomp you a Mississippi mud hole in your @$$. Stupid posse comitatus.

OT: Who is dave? and I think posse comitatus is a good thing :)

Ebay user Davesellingthings, the one trying to rip off Macross fans. You're right about P.C. though I was just making a joke.

Edited by Benson13

Ebay user Davesellingthings, you're right about P.C. though I was just making a joke.

Duh, the seller we were talking about :p Sorry, sometimes it's hard for us all to tell when we are joking on freaking forums :)

At ease soldier....bad things happen to well-intentioned people all the time....I also was affected and suffice to say the dude is trying to do the right thing.....he got caught up in a bad situation that he alone placed himself into....

The guy is liable for 2 grand and between RT and myself....he has made good on over $500 of it....I am sure he will make good on everyone else's money.....if you are owed money I suggest you contact him....

With that said, I hope he is able to recover his losses from those he placed his misguided trust in....and I hope he learned a valuable lesson....

Refund arrived today! The long arm of the law helped me out on this one. So, that's $250 back in my pocket to turn around and put right into the Macross economy - through a reputable seller this time.

That is great news, congrats on getting your money refunded and soon a new Valk for your collection!! :lol:

• 3 weeks later...

I need help

Ibuy some things ( $209) :blink: in www.tisinc99.com------Treasure Island Sports Inc. 8517 Garvey Ave Rosemead, CA 91770

I need help someone can give me a hand? these people ripped me off. I feel like a fool for trusting.is the first time that happens to me.

I have written 50 e-mail and give me laps on shipping and nothing .ufff .

if anyone know or live near me can lend a hand to these people to see that the distances are not grounds of fraud. please

has really soured this week.

thanks

Edited by MILKAUTICO

• 3 weeks later...

I wasn't going to do this but I think I waited long enough.

Member: TSP

Name: Ying Hua Chow

Email: knife-edge@live.de

Commissioned him to do a kit for me. NO Communication since 5/14/2012. Told me he was going to send the kit back that he didn't get to finish and gave me a price but never a paypal address to send payment. Tried emailing him multiple times no avail. I'm tired. I'll take him off here as soon as he responds, but other than that this will stay up.

Keeping this thing alive.

At nanoplasm. Really? Wow! First off all I never said that I would purchase the vf-171 from you. I was on a "waitlist". Second of all you told me that you had a "shortage" of VF-171 valks and that you weren't able to fill the 4 confirmed orders that you had. (apparently you told other board members that as well) Then you tell me a few weeks later or a month later that some of the people who were going to purchase them "backed out" and that I was next on the list?! Well of course I'm going to purchase it from NY!!! Why would I wait a month later for you to get them in? You said you had a shortage and that they weren't garunteed!

Do you still have these for sale? Last time I asked you said you were short?

I have extra now since people are flakes.

Let me know your shipping zip code and I will quote you a total.

My zip code is 94587. What will the toatl be? Will you be getting the VF-24G Mikhail renewal? If so would I be able to pre-order 1 from you?

Opps I mean VF-25G!

25G is on order but not confirmed. =/

Shipping is $10.50, so your total is $225.50.

Please send payment to dgundam3@hotmail.com as personal payment. And let me know your shipping address.

Thanks!

Oh man! I would've bought this from you, but I bought one from Nippon Yasan since you said they were all spoken for the first time I asked! I wanted to make sure that I got one so I purchased it last month! Thank you for the quote though!

As far as the VF-25G goes any idea how much it wil cost? If its the same price as the VF 171 nightmare I'll pick one up. Since its not confirmed when should I contact you to pruchase one? When It comes out? Also will you be getting the YF-29 Roy Focker color scheme? I would like to pre-order these from you if I can given that they are reasonable prices. Can I be the "first in que" to order these from you since I don't want what happened to me purchaseing the VF 171 nightmare to happen again?!!!!

Thank you!

Please stop wasting my time by asking for a quote "a month later" when you don't intend to buy the item.

Edited by nanoplasm

• 2 weeks later...

I'm gonna nominate evilbay user losamomaticami http://myworld.ebay....E:X:RTQ:US:1181. This clown bought a set of Robotech MPC's off me and when a box went missing according to the tracking they completely disregarded all my messeges asking if they received they're items. I checked their profile and they have bought 13 items since they ordered mine, so it's not like they just haven't been on evilbay. Meanwhile, I'm calling and filing paperwork with the USPS trying to be a good seller for no damn reason. I personally hope this person gets hit by a car and that he realizes how much those toys suck.

Edited by Benson13

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I'm gonna nominate evilbay user losamomaticami http://myworld.ebay....E:X:RTQ:US:1181. This clown bought a set of Robotech MPC's off me and when a box went missing according to the tracking they completely disregarded all my messeges asking if they received they're items. I checked their profile and they have bought 13 items since they ordered mine, so it's not like they just haven't been on evilbay. Meanwhile, I'm calling and filing paperwork with the USPS trying to be a good seller for no damn reason. I personally hope this person gets hit by a car and that he realizes how much those toys suck.

I had a roommate who left town without notice, and left about 20 ebay packages to be shipped by me at my expense.

2 were 500$ items to one guy in Peru, and the other in Southern Mexico.

Needless to say, they never replied back, they never got the items, and never asked for their money back.

two guys out 500$, and I wasted my time emailing them multiple times over two months.

and I wasn't the seller.

another guy in Chile bought a motor, paid 1700$, plus 1000$ for shipping..

again, never replied back, never made a claim, and never responded to any messages.

that was 3 years ago.

Not sure what is with foreigners from SA, but they are all somewhat absent minded, or there was some

serious final destination stuff going on with my ex-roommates selling to SA..

• 3 weeks later...

TOYNK should be on the list. I tried to buy a Masterpiece Beta/Tread through Amazon.com. thought it was a great deal for 79.99+7 shipping. Even showed up as "shipping soon" day after i ordered it. the last day for the estimated delivery date came and went and nothing showed up. The status stayed "shipping soon" the whole time. Now, I'm very patient when it comes to shipping, so i just gave them the benefit of the doubt and figured they shipped it and didnt update the status. I tried to contact them after the last day and no response till after i got amazon involved. Then TOYNK's response was "were sorry to say that we have oversold this product and do not have it in stock" and then they cancelled my order. What ticks me off more is not that it wasnt in stock, i could have lived with that. It's that they didnt try to notify right away that it wasnt in stock. 2 weeks and not one notice from them. they even put a hold on my credit card which wasnt lifted until a week AFTER they cancelled my order. What's even more shady is after they notified me of the cancellation of my order, all of a sudden the Beta shows up again on Amazon.com showing"only 1 left order soon" I mean really..WTF??

After further checking them out, i saw they were on EBAY too, trying to sell the same Masterpiece Beta albeit for for more money than Amazon. theyre listed as a power seller but almost 275 negative feedbacks in last 30days even more in the lst year.most of the complaints were similar to mine, item not in stock and never notified. lesson learned for me, i should have researched them more.

so yeah, TOYNK, buyer beware

ben

• 3 weeks later...

I started negotiating the purchase of a Transformers TRU MP-10 Optimus Prime and a TRU MP Thundercracker from Ebay seller “ae_productions” (also has a MW forum account with the same name) back in October. I wanted both toys shipped loose to save on shipping costs (I don’t care much for boxes) and with tracking number to witch one of the representatives of the Ebay seller/store agreed.

We did the transaction outside Ebay. I have done this both as a seller and as a buyer multiple times and never had problems.

I was promised “This fee will include the international insurance with tracking.” when I was send the invoice. Paid for it on Oct 13th but I was never given the tracking number.

When the toys did not arrive I started asking again. I was told on November 9 that “Sadly, there is no tracking for international orders”. No info on the type of shipping used even though I was promised tracking from the start :blink:

Asking further I got a response from the same email signed by another person:

Hey!

I am not sure what's going on. It's a Holiday here in the US right now, and the US Post takes every advantage for days off. :-) The Post will be open again on Monday. I will be there when they open and find out what's going on.

I ALWAYS take care of my customers. I am a collector myself, and I 100% back everything I sell. I promise you will be taken care of.

I will get back to you Monday. In the meantime, if you need anything, please contact me here

This message was received on the 22th of November and I have not heard anything else since then. I’ve written multiple times to the seller. I opened a Paypal case before the protection time ended. The extra time this gives has been for nothing because even from Paypal the seller does respond and no package has arrived.

For all of this, I want to nominate “ae_productions “ to the list.

Edited by Twoducks

Hey Twoducks, as someone (Me) who uses the Post Office pretty much everyday for shipping with my business and 60% of my sales are overseas, if your package was over 4 pounds then it has to go at the least USPS Priority Airmail and they do give you a tracking number, its printed on the customs form (Hand written or Online issued forms) .

If it was sent as 1st Class Airmail there is at least a customs number issued. So if your being told the US Post Office doesn't issue any kind of tracking numbers for international that is FUBAR.

Edited by 505thAirborne

• 5 weeks later...