Remembering your first valk

BoBe-Patt

My very first Valkyrie (if we're talking about.....bought with hard earned money) was supposed to be a Yammie MAX 1:60 VF-1A (that I ordered from HLJ.com). INSTEAD. The lads sent me a Bandai 1:55 Hikaru VF-1J. :(

My first valk was an old ARII 1/100 Miriya battroid back in 1998 which I stumpled upon at a down and out model shop where I use to live. Sadly it didn't last very long when an earth quake struck the portland region and my stuff came crashing down, with it, my 1/100 Miriya crashing hard breaking off the leg and head...and cracking the body...it wasn't even around for a month.

First "valkish" toy: Jetfire

First "valkish" toy with an actual Macross paint scheme: Convertor Maladroid (I think that's what they were called) VF-1S in Skull Leader colors

First "real" Valkyrie: Takatoku VF-1J Hikaru Type

My first valk was a Hikaru VF-1J Joons bought right off the korean department store shelf back in the 80's. The same spree snagged me a knockoff dvorack (that helicopter transformer) and a knockoff transformer triplechanger (robot/tank/airplane with korean flag insignia on it lol) - but the best was the knockoff Shockwave with working laser lights and sounds lol. The whole kit and kaboodle went for about $40 US dollars. I managed to actually destroy all those toys - i do remember thinking WOW when I first shot that valk's gunpod off and the missile flew clear across the room - it was the only thing that could topple my Lionbot (voltron knockoff - see a trend?)

Edited by JValk

About a week after "Super Spacefortress Macross" first aired in the US (yes it was really called "Super Spacefortress Macross" the main character was Rick Yamato... This is what HG started with and converted to Robotech) I had my first VF. It was the dark trey VF-1s Focker type, I still have it to this day and it is in great shape.

I just realized I have someone to blame for my Valkaholism. It was a gift from my friend that thought I would think it was neat. Damn that guy! <_>

Eh... he let's me watch movies for free... and I've seen his sister naked... guess we're pretty much even...^_^

EDIT: I'm pretty sure he doesn't come here :unsure:

And I'm damn sure his sister doesn't either... B))

Edited by >EXO<