Vf-11d "jamming Bird"

Less than Super Ostrich

Here is my 1/100 scale Wave kit for the VF-11D Jamming Bird. It was a fairly easy kit. It uses screws on the Sound Energy System Fast Pack Boosters, but other than that it is pretty straight forward. The decals are almost non-existent except for the kite logos. I wanted to spice it up a little with some more decals, but I couldn't find many that would look 1/100 scale. I used Tamiya Acrylics.

The base is the 5 inch kite logo base from modelbaseguy. If you don't have one... go order them. They are cheap and nice quality. I think they really add to the model as well. I drilled a hole in the base and inserted a clear acrylic rod that I had bent with a heat gun (around an old coffee can).

post-99-1134278612_thumb.jpg

post-99-1134278625_thumb.jpg

post-99-1134278637_thumb.jpg

post-99-1134278646_thumb.jpg

post-99-1134278656_thumb.jpg

post-99-1134278668_thumb.jpg

hi it looks very nice, I love the clean look to it. i was wondering are the joints loose on yours?

351686[/snapback]

One of the hip joints was loose, but I just put a light coat of CA glue on the ball (ball joint), let it dry, and then it was tighter. Other than that, the polycap joints worked well. But as many of you know, I don't "play" with my Valks... so poseability doesn't mean much to me. I let the Toy guys play with themselves... um, I mean, play with their valks.

hi it looks very nice, I love the clean look to it. i was wondering are the joints loose on yours?

351686[/snapback]

I let the Toy guys play with themselves... um, I mean, play with their valks.

351696[/snapback]

:D:D i have the normal vf-11, it was tight as first. but it seems to have completely worn out, i do not play with it at all it was just on the shelf and it seems like the joints got weaker over time and just failed, it will no longer stand up. some of the polycaps are hard to get to and i cannot find a way to make them tight again with out taking it seriously apart .

chris

Edited by zeo-mare

The model looks awesome LTSO, great building skills, good-looking pose and the stand is well suited and adds colour without detracticting from the model.

As for the decals, HLJ now carry several lines of decals, I think Wave is among them but the best seem to be from CROSSDELTA. They are mostly designed for 1/100 Gundams but from what I´ve seen there are lots of generic looking stencils, triangles, arrows etc. apart from the recognizable Gundam logos. They even come in black, white, red and different shades of grey so you can even use them with a low visibility paint scheme.