MAX TV VF-1A

Deadzone

Well, I spent a good two weeks on this thing. It didn't come out as well as I expected it to in some respects. However, I am happy with it overall. I used primer as paint which worked pretty well except it was hard to get a good gloss coat over it. I had to lather the future on, and some of it started to yellow slightly. I also didn't have all the decals I needed to make the thing really rock. However, nothing is perfect. I am learning to deal with life's small imperfections.

The blue is not an exact match, but I kind of like the darker bolder blue for this one. Every custom is unique in one way or another. I know several members (like Kidkorrupt) have made some pretty nice customs of TV Max. I encourage them to post pictures in this thread. I want to see everyone's own personal take on the subject. Thanks.

Here's some pics:

post-4-1064857229_thumb.jpg

Damn that's a fine job you did there! what valk did you use to do the custom with? and did you use a recast head? Anyway, I just wanted to also point out that the "danger intake" part is backwards. The two ends should be facing the other way. Also the shoulder stickers should not be located at the top, but more towards where the arm attaches to the body. Sorry to have to point that out. I just get like that when it comes to detail. :p But damn good custom job though! :p:D:lol:

Actually, I thought the intake stickers looked better going the other way so I just stuck it the way I liked it. :) About the shoulder stickers, I didn't realize they were suppose to be closer to the middle and towards the body until it was too late. They cover up some small scratch marks too which are now undetectable. Good observations though.

Hey Jin Kun do,

Is that a 1/48 you transformed into a TV Max? Looks great either way. I thought I had guts customizing a $50.00 Unicron. Repainting a $125.00 toy is a bold undertaking. However, looks like you succeeded. I hope to see more Max TV customs posted soon. Keep them coming. :D

Hey Jin Kun do,

Is that a 1/48 you transformed into a TV Max? Looks great either way. I thought I had guts customizing a $50.00 Unicron. Repainting a $125.00 toy is a bold undertaking. However, looks like you succeeded. I hope to see more Max TV customs posted soon. Keep them coming. :D

I believe Jin Kun Do was merely referencing a pic taken earlier this year at a toy/model expo in Japan.

nice work.

damn though....it takes me months and months to do one. probably cuz i can only work on it on the weekends.

a darker blue is actually more show accurate.

but i got my lighter paint from Rick the hunter because he had half a can left. he used a lighter color so the decals would show more.

Thanks guys. I almost feel wierd in saying that I did this whole custom in about 6 hours on a Saturday afternoon. But dont let that time period fool you. I spent months and months and made many many mistakes finding the right paints and proper teqniques to make a great custom and one that would withstand the tortures of transformation.

Hey dropzone. From all the clips I studied for this custom. The tailfins were blue on the outsides only. Of course it is funny how different the valks look in different scenes :) Ha Ha. Glad you like it . I made a Ben as well that looked exactly like it.

As far as the details. Nosecone stripe etc. I used a 1A Bandai reissue. They are by FAR the easiest to work with and to me make the best platform for a custom. Every detail you see on the valk was painted on by BANDAI. I wish I had pics of it after all the decals were applied. WOW.

The only stickers I have ever owned ( and I have never seen the same quality since ) that included the nosecone stripe plus many others were from vf1x.com . They were printed on clear mylar and I have not seen them for about 4 years now. What a shame. Anyway here is a pic of it in Battroid. J

post-4-1064971429_thumb.jpg

That custom does look nice.

I know you can change the size on images when composing in HTML, but I don't see a way of doing it in this posting system regardless of whether the image is uploaded or hosted somewhere else. So the higher the resolution, the bigger they are relative to the screen, and that's that. I think one of the mods recommended limiting pictures to about 800 pixels wide.