1/48 Hikaru Vf-1s Reproduce On 2006 Jan

Hayao Kakizaki

I was right (as were others). NEVER DOUBT ME (mwah hahaha!).

You know, about a year ago I determined I should stop collecting anything DYRL and stick to just the TV versions and it has saved me soooooo much money. I do make exceptions for elints and ostriches though.

Holy crap. I wonder HLJ has them up on the preorder. Good thing I aint buying more valks or valks into the $200 price range. Good things happen to those who wait I guess. :lol:

EDIT: Hit the submit button too early.

Edited by Godzilla

Bring on the Low-Vis!

351133[/snapback]

Wishful thinking. Personally, I'd be upset if they re-released a "limited version" toy. None of the other valks said that though so I doubt we'll ever see the end of their being reissued as the secondary market dictates.

Bring on the Low-Vis!

351133[/snapback]

Yeah right. Bring back a limited release? I would be pissed since I own 10 of those babies.

351151[/snapback]

I know what you mean, even though I don't own 10 I can relate. IMO limited release means just that, once the company sells out that's it.

351185[/snapback]

Unless the Low-Vis that have been release has an issuance number then my wishful thinking shall continue. Yamato can always re-release the Low-Vis in a similar fashion to the 1/60 TRU VF-1A and the TV version release. I do agree many people would probably be ticked off if this did occur since many have paid a premium for the limited release version.

No harm in wishful thinking. The 1/60 CF had more direct appeal to the traditional macross fan though and it does differ from the original TRU release. If they want to release a valk similar to the LV (like a flat gray without weathering or something like that) I don't really think there'd be the same outrage generated. Either way, considering the hikkie 1S was selling for more than the LV I think demand for the LV is curtailed by the fact it never made an appearance in any animation... as such I doubt it, or a variation thereof, would be re-released.

So is this really officially confirmed?

351343[/snapback]

Neova already put up a pre-order for the VF-1S Hikaru (quoted below is related to 1S Hikaru)

:rolleyes:

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=16338

Updated: 1/48 Hikaru Ichijo DYRL VF-1s (2nd Issue) due in Jan 2006!

Yamato 1/48 Hikaru Ichijo Reissue DYRL VF-1S 14,800Yen - MW Pricing 125 USD each Available near end of Jan 2006

Yamato 1/48 Hikaru Ichijo Reissue DYRL VF-1S + GBP Armored Parts Combo 26,800Yen - MW Pricing 235 USD per set Available near end of Jan 2006

Instead of reissuing LE 1A, do a low vis LE 1J and 1S. (at normal prices of course)

Remember when people thought the low visibility was going to appear in macross zero because of the pilot and the sticker sheet? :D Maybe if they make a movie version of zero they could have the low vis make its apearance?

351499[/snapback]

Now that is a great idea! How many times can Yamato continue to reissue the same versions and not lose interest of collectors whom already purchased first, second, or third releases? I think that having other VF paint schemes would only help the collection of interested fans. Just take a look at the 1/48 custom pages to give Yamato an idea of what could be achieved.

The greatest idea for Yamato is to make the TV and DYRL VF-1A Kakazaki, TV VF-1A Max, DYRL VF-1S Max, TV VF-1S Roy. A limited version of the TV CF VF-1J would be nice. Of course, we would be all clamoring for the 2 seaters as well. A limited edition Virgin Road VF-1D wouldnt be such a bad idea as well.

I agree with the last two comments. First of all, I was astounded that we were seeing yet another Focker release. However, had they made it a TV gray version I woulda snatched one up in a heartbeat.

As a matter of fact, I just watched DYRL again and I was thinking:

In the scene where Max is skull leader in his blue VF-1S (which should be a toy) I'll bet Hikaru is actually flying a red 1J. So there you go, there's yet another toy that could be made. Then you could go up the ranks with Hikaru. Also, LE Kakazakis are a must. Personally though, I don't collect the DYRL paint schemes so I wish we'd get TV Max 1A and Hayao.

Can people stop talking about bringing back a "LIMITED EDITION" toy already? <_< That is pretty much the annoying thing that is brought up every time a reissue of a 1/48 pops up. Almost as annoying as the "When is the YF-19 with FP going to show up" statement.

Can people stop talking about bringing back a "LIMITED EDITION" toy already? <_< That is pretty much the annoying thing that is brought up every time a reissue of a 1/48 pops up. Almost as annoying as the "When is the YF-19 with FP going to show up" statement.

351690[/snapback]

When is the 1/48 YF-19 with fast packs going to show? Dude keep you negativty to yourself. This was a nice discussion about ideas for the other variants until you negative opinion reared its ugly head. Nowhere in this thread did the YF-19 come up until you brought your little tirade in to the mix. I would like to see anything other than a re-release. It was a breath of fresh air with the 1A Brownie release, and now we are seeing more re-releases.

Okay, so I got a new BRILLIANT plan (as all my plans are. How about a LowVis Mars base style? Give it an orangey-brown color with the weather spots and off orange markings instead of light blue?

Okay, that might also turn out to be the most god-awful looking valk ever... but it might be cool. Who knows??