• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
56 minutes ago, sqidd said:

Is that a model, or a figure?

Based on previous SMP releases, I would assume that it's a kit.

Edit: Found this on Youtube. Wotafa's review on previous SMP Firebird Robot.

Edited by no3Ljm

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I’m not sure how I feel about this Reideen. I’m getting an Egyptian samurai vibe with this one and I can’t tell if that’s a good thing or not.  I already have an over stylized Fewture version and would prefer to see a new release that looks closer to the original version with some infinitism elements added to it to modernize it a bit. 

25 minutes ago, Grey728 said:

I’m not sure how I feel about this Reideen. I’m getting an Egyptian samurai vibe with this one and I can’t tell if that’s a good thing or not.  I already have an over stylized Fewture version and would prefer to see a new release that looks closer to the original version with some infinitism elements added to it to modernize it a bit. 

Fewture is the benchmark if you're not going for anime accuracy. IMO you already have the best.

3 hours ago, Kuma Style said:

The CCSToys Shin Getter 1 article and gallery is up on Kuma Style: Link in sig.

Article breaks it down in depth but final score is 9.5/10.

Here are some pics from the gallery section: 

Thank you! I was really looking forward to your thoughts on this! Now that I have it in hand, I think it's fantastic figure with great articulation and light gimmicks, however, I can't seem to get over the colors CCSToys used. It comes off as more orange/red and brown/red than hot rod red/dark red especially when I compare it to the other Shin Getters I have. Is it just me? Am I the only one bothered by it?

IMG_2059.JPG

IMG_2061.JPG

On 2/20/2022 at 2:04 PM, Grey728 said:

however, I can't seem to get over the colors CCSToys used. It comes off as more orange/red and brown/red than hot rod red/dark red especially when I compare it to the other Shin Getters I have. Is it just me? Am I the only one bothered by it?

IMG_2059.JPG

I just got mine out of the box. In a vacuum I don't mind the colors. But, I agree. It's a little too orange.

I think mine looks a little more red than yours. That of course could just be down to the pictures being different. My pic is in a room with soft light. My displays have warm 3000K LED's which makes it look even a little more red. You look like you're rocking maybe 5000K of bright white/blue light there?

1322281238_Getter10.jpg.a2e489e0ca962c15e2159bc365bf7091.jpg

CCS Toys Getter Review Part Dux

I just spent some time designing/ 3D printing an adapter so I could get this guy on a YetiStand (I don’t like colored stands). Anyhoo, I spent some more time with the figure and I want to amend my previous review. I still think it’s a great figure and worth the money. But……..I’m pretty disappointed with the paint apps and/or the lack of them. Some of it (too much) seems like raw plastic. And the main color choices are just too muted. If the red was actually red, preferably with some metallic in it (just a little) and was glossy it would pop a whole lot better. And the white is kinda semi gloss where it should be at least gloss. Or even better, pearl.

The figure just doesn’t pop like the previous CCS releases and I feel a little let down. I love the sculpt. It’s the perfect size. The frame is a brick. And it comes with tons of stuff. It just doesn’t jump out at you when you put it among a lot of other toys.

Would I buy it again? Sure. Would I have paid $10 more for better paint apps? Sure would.

Your mileage may vary

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg.a35f62c65117b7c1eaa2c7ab78cde610.jpg

Edited by sqidd

On 3/8/2022 at 7:52 PM, sqidd said:

CCS Toys Getter Review Part Dux

I just spent some time designing/ 3D printing an adapter so I could get this guy on a YetiStand (I don’t like colored stands). Anyhoo, I spent some more time with the figure and I want to amend my previous review. I still think it’s a great figure and worth the money. But……..I’m pretty disappointed with the paint apps and/or the lack of them. Some of it (too much) seems like raw plastic. And the main color choices are just too muted. If the red was actually red, preferably with some metallic in it (just a little) and was glossy it would pop a whole lot better. And the white is kinda semi gloss where it should be at least gloss. Or even better, pearl.

The figure just doesn’t pop like the previous CCS releases and I feel a little let down. I love the sculpt. It’s the perfect size. The frame is a brick. And it comes with tons of stuff. It just doesn’t jump out at you when you put it among a lot of other toys.

Would I buy it again? Sure. Would I have paid $10 more for better paint apps? Sure would.

Your mileage may vary

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg.a35f62c65117b7c1eaa2c7ab78cde610.jpg

Just curious, what site did you order from?

• 3 weeks later...