4 minutes ago, Grey728 said:

I don't know if I like that. I don't know anything about that character and I don't particularly like the lack of metal content. If you're in the market for a super robot, try GaoGaiGar. It's amazing with a ton of metal content.

IMG_1106.JPG

I don't know anything about any of the characters!:lol: I've only ever seen one Mazinger "movie". I'm an aesthetics buyer. To me Super Robots are art. I think that dude looks cool.

For some reason I can't get into the Super Robots that have faces on their chests.

Agreed. They are works of art! However, to really get that nostalgic 'old school' 'Popy' feel I had growing up, I prefer stuff with high metal content. It just feels so good in the hands. I simply can't articulate it. Also, it needs to be BIG. About 9-12 inches seems to be the sweet spot.

IMG_1107.jpg

15 minutes ago, Grey728 said:

Agreed. They are works of art! However, to really get that nostalgic 'old school' 'Popy' feel I had growing up, I prefer stuff with high metal content. It just feels so good in the hands. I simply can't articulate it. Also, it needs to be BIG. About 9-12 inches seems to be the sweet spot.

IMG_1107.jpg

We're on the same page. Heft is important. And yes, 9-12 is my sweet spot too. Too darn many little toys out there! A perfect example of perfect are those SOC Voltrons! Damn they're good.

11 hours ago, Grey728 said:

I don't know if I like that. I don't know anything about that character and I don't particularly like the lack of metal content. If you're in the market for a super robot, try GaoGaiGar. It's amazing with a ton of metal content.

IMG_1106.JPG

It's a great piece. I just hate that Goldymarg and the star parts came out so poorly.

On 10/22/2020 at 6:42 PM, Numbninja said:

I get giddy every time Mechander Robo gets any toy love, I just might pick this one up.  That being said, it's odd to see an updated "remake" of it before seeing a toy of his OG self. And I mean a GOOD toy, like big chogokin quality.  IIRC, the last time such a thing was released was during the late 70's.  

Yatte yaruze!

20201031_151445.thumb.jpg.204824345cba850b7e5495863ebc111a.jpg20201031_151619.thumb.jpg.5bdec37d9e0e99e086ea3662d779dff9.jpg

Sentinel's Dancouga is a great quality toy. Appearance, proportions, articulation, die-cast parts, heft and paint - it all goes together nicely.

Weak point would probably be the smaller bots - Eagle Fighter, Black Cougar and Land Liger they are kind of "meh". But lets be honest nobody is buying this for the individual robots - it is all about the combined form.

Currently can't decide if I like TV or OVA wing pack to go with Dancouga. I gave Black Wing on his back a try - not my favourite combination, but was surprised that it does not cause stability issues (Black Wing also has die-cast).

Personally I would recommend this over Bandai's SOC version anytime, it's more expensive but well worth it.

• 5 weeks later...

A pleasant surprise this morning.  This guy left ShowZ on Nov 23rd. I didn't expect it this fast. Not that I needed it. I'm slammed and don't have any time to mess with it.

Gurren Lagann shipped a week after this guy. I hopp that means it's a week out. I'm REALLY excited that this one.

IMG_7986.thumb.JPG.ad1808d56f7253acbf46cb5c9306027f.JPG

• 3 weeks later...

Cantonese.  First 7:30 was introduction about the anime.  The the designer (and owner?) of POSE+ transformed the unit.  His points:

He had some ideas that he couldn't implement on the ES Gokin Baikanfu due to SD scale, now he can.

Baikanfu size is set for the price limit, then the rest scaled with it.

Both smaller unit do 180 on the knee joints so they can swing forward as hip joints of the larger unit.

Tips on combining - make sure the legs of the big unit facing forward, not angled.  Make sure the coaxial joints of the smaller and bigger units line up.

Posable hands are hard to perfect.  Recommend using fixed pose hand for holding sword if long term display.

• 2 weeks later...