X-men 3 Pics: Beast And Angel Revealed

bsu legato

3.5 out of 5.

fanboys suck and this movie proves it. Pheonix's motivation for killing professor was pretty obvious and having her kill her husband and then her mentor quickly establishes her as a real threat and shows that any of the X-men were game... Since x-men was one of the first comics to be anchored in real human drama, it's only fitting that their characters have to deal with what can actually happen when you run around throwing that sort of fire power at each other.

Why did magneto have the grunts rush in? So he could find out where the defenses were. Unlike the uber magneto in the comics, this magneto can't deflect playing cards and other non metal objects with magnetism. And this magneto wants to turn the mutant community from an underground community that is uneasy with itself into a unified and proud army, one that he can wield to remake the world.

This was a very servicible movie... was it brilliant? Nope. Does it have plot holes and continuity issues...? Yes. did it stay true to the characters and to the spirit of the X-men? Yes. Is it entertaining? Yes.

3.5 out of 5.

fanboys suck and this movie proves it. Pheonix's motivation for killing professor was pretty obvious and having her kill her husband and then her mentor quickly establishes her as a real threat and shows that any of the X-men were game... Since x-men was one of the first comics to be anchored in real human drama, it's only fitting that their characters have to deal with what can actually happen when you run around throwing that sort of fire power at each other.

Why did magneto have the grunts rush in? So he could find out where the defenses were. Unlike the uber magneto in the comics, this magneto can't deflect playing cards and other non metal objects with magnetism. And this magneto wants to turn the mutant community from an underground community that is uneasy with itself into a unified and proud army, one that he can wield to remake the world.

This was a very servicible movie... was it brilliant? Nope. Does it have plot holes and continuity issues...? Yes. did it stay true to the characters and to the spirit of the X-men?  Yes. Is it entertaining? Yes.

403553[/snapback]

You said it pretty well. Funny that a lot of people are saying that "this sucked" or "was terrible" when the movie is averaging a B+ on average (which is where I would put it, not great but good) from fan reviews (Yahoo).

did it stay true to the characters and to the spirit of the X-men?  Yes.

403553[/snapback]

Didn't quite do that as several characters mutant powers were incorrect (namely Callisto and Psylocke), and personas were very off (Wolvering really came off as a pussy in this movie), otherwise, i felt the movie was mildly entertaining for the action, but really blows it with the characters.

Edited by emajnthis

3.5 out of 5.

This was a very servicible movie... was it brilliant? Nope. Does it have plot holes and continuity issues...? Yes. did it stay true to the characters and to the spirit of the X-men?  Yes. Is it entertaining? Yes.

403553[/snapback]

You said it pretty well. Funny that a lot of people are saying that "this sucked" or "was terrible" when the movie is averaging a B+ on average (which is where I would put it, not great but good) from fan reviews (Yahoo).

403558[/snapback]

And have to agree as well.

***possible spoilers***

most of the complaints I seem to hear are, that it sucks that alot of mutants lost their powers because they got shot with the cure, and that cyclops and profesor x died.

I wonder if they even watched the movie????

***end spoilers***

and with the 120million it just pulled in 4 days, you better believe it, xmen 4 will come sooner than later.

403597[/snapback]

With the add blitz preceding the premiere I'm not surprised. What will really make the critics eat crow is if it can do anything close to this next week. Another reason that ticket sales are declining (other than the "failing up" problem I mentioned on the last page) is because studios have settled on a strategy of building up an incredible amount of hype for a movie in an attempt to get the opening weekend gross to a high enough level to push the movie to break even, even if it bombs for the rest of it's showing. Considering the overall quality of this one I'm guessing that's the strategy here.

The problem with this strategy is that it gets diminishing returns. People eventually get burned to many times and decide to ignore the hype and wait to watch it on DVD (if ever).

3.5 out of 5.

fanboys suck and this movie proves it.

403553[/snapback]

Don't need this film to prove it. The message boards were rife with "this movie sucks" post-release for X-Men and X-Men United. In fact, I daresay "this sucks" is shouted loudly from fandom nearly every time a genre film is released.

3.5 out of 5.

403553[/snapback]

It quickly establishes her as a threat, however she does nothing but stand there silent for the next hour of the movie. People talk about how powerful she is but we never really see even an inkling of that until the last 15 mins of the film, that's stuff you learn not to do in screenwriting 101.

Indeed, he told us as much in yet another example of poor scripting (film is a visual medium you show don't tell, that's why the Matrix sequels were so awful).

This was a very servicible movie... was it brilliant? Nope. Does it have plot holes and continuity issues...? Yes. did it stay true to the characters and to the spirit of the X-men? Yes. Is it entertaining? Yes.

The only thing serviceable in that movie were the action sequences. In every other sense it was awful, it had inconsistent characterisation, poor dialogue, bad acting, continuity errors worthy of Ed Wood, and a truly awful narrative structuring (like introducing characters in the middle of the movie). None of that has anything to do with whether or not it follows the comics closely enough, lord knows the first two films don't do that, and they were great. It has everything to do with whether or not it's a good movie that can stand up on it's own if it didn't say "X-men" in the title.

Heh, for those of you who have seen it and think it's crap, I'm gonna say "I told you so"!

Graham

403227[/snapback]

:lol:

It was pretty much a given when the trailers looked so bad. I have to wonder if IRONMAN will be as bad, but given how people are WOW'ing over action and cliches and supporting more of the same.

gotta love the film school snobs, quentin tarantinos wannabes. lol.

403656[/snapback]

fart you.

Name me one other good movie where a major character is introduced in the middle of the film. Tell me one other good film where the time of day abruptly changes in the middle of a scene. You can't becuase good movies don't do that. All the nifty special effects and big explosions in the world can't cover a vrappy film. My knowing the technical terms for what's going wrong doesn't mean it isn't.

I must be the only X-men fan in the world that really enjoyed this movie. You guys are starting to have me convinced that I somehow have terrible taste in film or something. (then again, the list of "accepted" films worthy of praise on this site reminds me again why I don't pay any attention to you guys when it comes to finding movies worth watching)

Did it have it's flaws? Of course it did. Could they have done a lot more with the storyline? Surely, the same could be said of pretty much every book/comic-to-movie franchise.

Nevertheless I thought they did a pretty good job considering the script they were handed. Further to the point, Comic-dynamics 101 pretty much mandates that no death is ever permanent. Every X-men character on the roster has died more than once during the series' run. That's the beauty of being a comic book fan. Even if your favorite character goes down in a blaze of glory (or in some cases, an incredibly cheap metaphorical shot to the back), you can expect that said-character will probably be back within the next 10 issues. This rule isn't concrete of course, but that's really how it is in the marvel universe. If there *is* an X-men 4 (and the title is licensed, I believe), you can bet the family farm that anyone who died will probably return... and those who have seen X3 have every reason to believe this is a possibility.

I do wish they'd spend more time wrapping up storylines than introducing new ones (say, had they stuck with the "days of future past" storyline for the second movie, instead of going into Wolverine Issue #50)

Things *I* enjoyed:

-the brief cameo of a Sentinel robot

-More screentime (however brief) of Colossus and the use of the "fastball special"

-Iceman finally "icing up"

-"I'm the Juggernaut, bich!" (google it. It was a reference/homage to a web-comic done about the Juggernaut)

-a REALLY naked Rebecca Romjin

Edited by Skull Leader

Again, I never compare the movies to the comics. Two different beasts, I don't mind changes like Jauggernaut being a mutant, or the leather outfits instead of spandex (in fact, I prefere the movie costumes), and I don't even read many X-Men comics, so I don't care if the movies follow those stories.

The flaws I percieve in X3 are mainly that the plot itself relies heavily on characters acting entirely out of character as they've been established in the first two movies. Xavier, especially. Of course, Magneto's "gotta do evil" moments were also pretty lame. The whole Phoenix thing also had terrible build up and a lacking resolution (not that I expect it's completely finished, but what's been done so far seems like it could have been done much better).

403656[/snapback]

fart you.

Name me one other good movie where a major character is introduced in the middle of the film. Tell me one other good film where the time of day abruptly changes in the middle of a scene. You can't becuase good movies don't do that. All the nifty special effects and big explosions in the world can't cover a vrappy film. My knowing the technical terms for what's going wrong doesn't mean it isn't.

403659[/snapback]

1. Seven

2. Bohoo, so in a world were people can read minds, move bridges, shoot lasers out of their eyes, the fact that in one scene the time changed a bit to fast makes the movie worthless?

3. This film students seem to forget that movies are supposed to be first and foremost entertaining. Not every movie is made with the objective of winning 10 academy awards.

2. Bohoo, so in a world were people can read minds, move bridges, shoot lasers out of their eyes, the fact that in one scene the time changed a bit to fast makes the movie worthless?

403741[/snapback]

The fact that a film is Sci Fi is no excuse for poor shot-to-shot continuity. That's just shoddy workmanship.

Saw X-3... well, it was not very good. The first two had better stories. I think one of the main problem with X-3 was just too many characters, aside from the aforementioned useless appearence of Angel, the actual team was a joke. Comprised of newbies, and the we could've just called X-3, Wolverine 1.

Now I like Wolverine as much as anyone else, but this was overkill. And not even close to the true form of the comic. But if X-4 comes about, I guess it'll probably be a clone of something or other, may be bring in Apocolypse, why not, they've already milked this Magneto thing for too long.

403656[/snapback]

fart you.

403659[/snapback]

Tell you what, let us know what movie you made, wrote, or took part in so we can all watch and then we can all witness what you learned in film school, since you love to throw around your script writing 101 class so much.

BTW:

Lord of the Rings

Kingdom of Heaven

Gladiator

all introduce major characters in the middle of the movie.

What you're really is saying, is that no movie that YOU like breaks these rules, doesn't mean that the movie is bad. Just that you have narrow taste and were well programmed by your professors.

Avi Arad came out to say, there will definitely not be an X-4. The Wolverine spinoff should be considered X-4 (same with the Magneto spinoff). Considering the current cast was contracted for the 1st 3 movies only, there's definitely no plans right now for X-4. But we have spinoff hell now...

The whole Golden Gate Bridge "day to night" thing bugged the hell out of me until I looked at it from a technical presentation standpoint: the battle at Alcatraz is scripted to take place at night and it is shot at night. Now, call me ignorant, but from a visual standpoint the "impressiveness" of moving an entire national landmark... at night... would be totally lost in the darkness. The audience would never see anything, there are no light sources on the bridge that would keep burning after it was pulled from it's mooring and there are no light sources other than the moon in the bay to illuminate the bridge as it wafted over the water. They needed it to be daytime so the audience could see the "glory" of the bridge moving in all it's overdone CG bliss... and at the same time the battle on Alcatraz needed to be at night, practically to disguise just how small the physical set was and to make it look more "menacing" and "ominuous" as well as granting them easily controlled lighting and blocking for their shots.

Rookie move? Perhaps. Glaring to the audience? Definately. Actually a "mistake"? I'd say no, it was deliberate. Sounds like the fast dusk to night transition was a judgement call by the director in order to get two "impressive" shots. He sacrificed continuity for visual appeal. Blame the script for this one... either the fight on Alcatraz should have been during the day (which would have made it less impressive) or the actual bridge moving should have been at night (which would have made it totally dark and hard to see).

Now as far as real continuity errors go, anyone notice Wolverine's evaporating blood?

1. Seven

403741[/snapback]

While we don't see his face until the beginning of the third act, it's tough to argue that we aren't more than a little familiar with John Doe as a character by that point.

As bsu pointed out, being a sci-fi movie doesn't suddenly absolve the movie from basic workmanship standards. JsARCLIGHT is most likely right, in every film theres someone who's charged with maintaining that kind of shot-shot continuity (usually in a big budget film like this, multiple people) it's pretty much impossible to what they did by accident. Instead they banked on people being too stupid to notice. Frankly I don't like paying $10 and staying up till 3:00am to have my intelligence insulted like that.

3. This film students seem to forget that movies are supposed to be first and foremost entertaining. Not every movie is made with the objective of winning 10 academy awards.

Unfortunetly this movie did neither. If you're busy insulting the audiences intelligence with blatant continuity gaffes and supposedly uber-powerful characters that stand around and do nothing you're not really doing much entertaining.

As of now, I'm currently watching this movie on a 2 dollar bootleg DVD, so I'll give you my absolute impression of this movie when I'm done with it.......

BTW:

Lord of the Rings

Kingdom of Heaven

Gladiator

What you're really is saying, is that no movie that YOU like breaks these rules, doesn't mean that the movie is bad. Just that you have narrow taste and were well programmed by your professors.

403761[/snapback]

Lord of the rings I'll give you (I'm assuming you're referring to the Fellowship of the Ring), it's more the exception that proves the rule, as part of a larger story arc it's got a royally f*cked up narrative structure to begin with.

As for Kingdom of Heaven and Gladiator, I'm not sure who you're referring to (remember I said major characters).

Making a film is like building a house, you need to structure it properly or it won't stand up. If you throw main characters at people in the middle of the film you have no time to develop them so that the audience can understand why they're doing what they are. Kitty just gets thrown into the film right in the middle, we don't know anything about her character other than the fact she's upset that Professor X is dead, and we never do find out anything more about her. She's not a character with her own motivations, she's a thing put there by the screenwriter to do the things he wants to have done so that he can move the story forward to more special effects.

Hell if they put her in the middle of the film to act as a foil to drive the Rouge/Iceman storyline forward that would make sense (that's essentially the role Bobby played in the first film). Or if they dropped Rouge from the film and used the time gained to introduce Kitty into the film earlier that too would have worked. In the end they did neither and gave us a flat character who goes nowhere.

I let the blood on Wolverine's shirt slide because incredibly easy to make simple wardrobe mistakes like that. Stuff like going from night to day like flicking a light switch is a lot worse. If I had to guess I'd say they set the Alcatraz battle in the middle of the night to save money. A daytime setting would have required either actually filming on location at Alcatraz (which given the buildings and locations that don't actually exist in real life would have been a nightmare), or filming in Vancouver with giant blue or green screens on all sides (which would require matching up the shots with San Francisco background plates in post production $$$). I actually think a daytime fight would have been much more impressive visually, but would have been a huge and expensive PITA to actually produce.

Apparently, Wolvie's bloody shirt and the day-to-night gaffs are the first official continuity goofs credited for the film. So far the reviews here have been pretty harsh; yup, I'll wait for cable.

According to imdb: this film and the upcoming Wolverine (2007) feature "...are the first movies being produced by Hugh Jackman and John Palermo's new production company, Seed Productions." Well, this doesn't exactly bode well for Jackman & Co. if present performance is any indicator of future potential for the company? Not getting off to a stellar start, given the [seemingly] overall let-down feeling eminating from movie-goers?

So just who will appear as the main protagonist(s) in the Wolvie pic? Natural selection would have said Victor Creed, since they seem to be yin & yang for each other in the comics; I just wouldn't hold out much hope for that though. I never did like the way they handled his character in the first X-film--just made a semi-mute, dumb brute of him, when he's much more intelligent and engaging [esp. playing off his rivalry w/Logan] in the comics. They're in fact my two favorite X-characters. Well, it's all over and done now, but I never did like the casting choice for Creed--if anything, I'd have figured former actor/pro wrestler Sid Eudy, aka Sid Vicious, was as close to Sabretooth in the flesh as we'd ever see. Given his size, athletic ability, and somewhat "whacked-out" stage persona, I would've thought he'd make a great Sabretooth. Apparently the "psycho" extended to him off-stage, too; one rumor has it that he got into a hotel-room brawl with fellow wrestler Arn(?) Anderson, stabbed him like 20-times with some safety scissors. :blink: Unfortunately his career-ending leg injury in '01 likely would prevent any future work as a rough-and-tumbling wildman [i've seen the vid of that--straight up nasty, raw-dog sh-t. I don't know what was scarier: the injury, or his reaction to it. :o Instead of laying there screaming, crying or generally throwin a hissy-fit the way most any normal human would under the intense circumstances, that big sumbi--h was just laying there, grittin his teeth and takin it, like "aw damn, done broke my damn leg..." that's gotta be some kind o' mean muh fuh].

post-1488-1149026137.jpg

Now as far as real continuity errors go, anyone notice Wolverine's evaporating blood?

403778[/snapback]

If I prove that it's not a mistake, do I win a No-Prize?

403806[/snapback]

I think you deserve a No-Prize for mentioning such, much less accurately denoting why you would deserve one. I always liked the No Prize concept as it made kids think creatively, all for the glory of getting mentioned and at best getting an envelope with no prize.

That sorta-dusk bridge/definitely evening battle sequence was VERY jarring, although I'm surprised none of the friends I saw it with seemed to notice or care. It should've been a bit more gradual (the sun was low enough towards the end of the bridge scene that if you had it slightly brighter in the original face-down scene and got darker), it would've been less noticeable. As has already been said, there is definitely a reason why technically/financially the two scenes were done as they were...but some effort should've been made...hell, a throw away scene of Magneto asking some pawn to darken the place up a bit with his/her abilities (a la like Storm creating fog in X1)...that would've cheaply and logically done the trick.

All things considered, though, X3 taught me something. Thought I still buy toys, read comics, and watch movies from creative and technical angles in addition to pure entertainment, I am NOT the uber-geek that I would appear to be. I actually came away not having much in the way of qualms. In fact, I actually sort of DUG the take they took on certain things. Yes, it's too much plotlines/characters thrown into too little time and there's a lot of room for improvement, but I'll actually give Ratner credit for salvaging what could've been a mess.

SPOILERS follow (although if you've been reading this thread, you're probably already spoiled):

People are whining about the Phoenix story not being the 'Dark Phoenix Saga' from the comics. Have those people READ that series recently? It works well for comics and the death at the time had a major impact, but there's no real way to tell that story within the semi-realistic world Singer established. I mean, you have aliens, starships, oxygen on the moon, near-omnipotent beings, etc. I think given the confines of the single, 'last' movie, they did a good job with telling the story of Jean's powers getting the better of her.

Cyclop's death? Yeah, it's a waste of the character, but he's been wasted from the start and in the end, it's perfectly fitting. Scott is the goody-goody, nice guy that Jean loves. Her Phoenix side (yes, I enjoy the concept of it being a repressed part of her psyche) probably has incredible disdain for the straight-laced geek and probably despises Jean for being in love with such a 'pathetic' little whipped boy. Scott probably would've had a much harder time deciding to do what Logan does at the end (and he definitely wouldn't have survived her assault to do so). So, from a certain point of view, it's actually fitting. The only thing I didn't like is how non-chalant everyone was. They find Jean and rush back home without any further looking for him and even after they're told, they're sort of like, "Hm....oh well... anyone put beer in the fridge yet?". At the very least they could've had a 'Who's Cyclops again?' 'The guy with the goggles in a lot of scenes who doesn't do anything.' 'Oh...yeah, him...' scene.

Xavier being 'out of character'. It's an aspect they've hit upon a couple of times in the comics recently (in fact, it's soured me a bit because it seems like everytime I've picked up an X-Book of late, Prof X has gone and done something ELSE that seems out of character and the rest of the characters seemed surprised again). I sort of enjoy the concept of Xavier being self-righteous to the point where he doesn't even think twice to screw over someone if it's for the better good in his opinion. And it's not really out of character for the movie Xavier anyway. In X1 he strips the free will away from Toad and Sabertooth in a bid to free Rogue. Because they're baddies, you don't necessarily feel that's wrong, but it's all about how far you're willing to excuse him. In X2 he strips away all sensory and mobility from both the museum crowd and the Oval office attendees. Again, you can argue for the greater good, but how violated would you feel if you were one of those people and later found out you stood in one place for five minutes as if you were unconscious? Xavier has a ton of power and ocassionally abuses it when HE feels its worth it. Screwing around with Jean's mind and getting defensive when people call him on it seems fitting.

Magneto's out of character 'I feel like killing a kitten' evilness (as so well put earlier in this thread), DOES feel more out of place than Charles' behavior. Given how buddy-buddy he was with Mystique in previous films, it does seem awfully cold to turn on her so quickly without even a 'Here, wear my cape and we'll drop you off someplace.' The senseless throwing away of fellow mutant life as 'pawns' also seems to be a little too far as well...heck, even Pyro gives him a look in both situations. Magneto's not above killing mutants to achieve his goal for mutantkind (see Rogue in X1), but it seems a bit much to have a group charge when his heavy hitters sit back and watch them get mowed down (the only redeeming part is that he seemed confident that he could get rid of the guns/bullets before realizing that only plastic was involved). It's not jarringly out of character, but it does make Magneto lose a lot of the sympathy one has built for him over the trilogy.

And what's WITH that charge anyway? Would it have hurt to throw some two second CG work in to show some fire/lightning/something so that it didn't look like a bunch of unarmed, non-powered people charging a line of armed soldiers? Aside from the leaping and little bit of flying, you really don't get the impression that it was a charge of mutants. Granted, few of them were supposed to be that powerful, but as someone said, if they were that under-powered, wouldn't they have had traditional weapons for firepower?

Making Juggy a mutant serves two purposes: Gives a reason why he's in the movie and also saves everyone from busting a gut as they tried to explain the whole crystal thing. The 'I'm the Juggernaut, b---' line didn't bother me as much as I feared (to me the original video gets tiresome about the second time he says it). No problem with this change.

It's a shame Psylocke was completely wasted. She says one line in the church (the purple haired Asian girl) and then chases after Worthington II with Arclight and Sonic-the-Hedgehog-kid only to be wiped away by Phoenix. Don't mind she was a baddie or a background character, but to kill her after barely having her there was a disappointment. Then again, no one would probably care about Psylocke if she hadn't been changed into a hot-bodied, skimpy outfit, ninja-babe in the comics, so go figure....

And, as has been noted by others, the same fate probably happened to Callisto, Juggernaut and Pyro if Jean cleared the island of life. As the movie was promoting the lesser/cheaper actors' characters, I was hoping that perhaps they were gearing up for a cheaper sequel or maybe move the series to television. Having the Morlocks and Psylocke wiped out ruins that a bit. Oh well.

ENOUGH SPOILERS and rambling...

I personally enjoyed the film. It's far from perfect, but it's a fun little romp and definitely worth at least matinee price as long as you're not the type who's unwilling to have a version that strays from the original stories.

Edited by Southpaw Samurai

So, are the majority of these characters in the films influenced by/gleaned from the "Ultimate" titles of comic books, as opposed to the traditional ones? As I understand it [been years since I've actually bought a comic] the Ultimate titles are meant to be a "re-inventing" of the characters to bring them up-to-date, and make them feel more "modern" to current & future comic readers without having to deal with the established histories/storylines of the original titles and the glaring contradictions [in addition to the inconsistencies/plotholes that already exist in aforementioned titles] that would create?

Oh so that's where Psylocke was in the movie. I didn't notice her, just like I didn't notice Jubilee. :p total waste to put them in the movie and have them do NOTHING.

Heh, well at least there's not going to be a X-men vs Street Fighter movie, or worse a Marvel vs Capcom movie.

Saw it today. Not bad maybe a little too much for such short time. There wasn't much of a focus with the character plot lines. The whole movie was just to a build up for a fight. It reminded me of Transformers the Movie in which the majority of the character from the series were killed off and new ones introduced. Yet I was entertaining.

I have some issues:

1. What was with that mutant with that oily duck hairdo? Was that I chick or dude?

2. Enough with the mutants = homosexuals references.

3. Wolverine can't use buttons? Instead he uses snaps?

4. Did Wolverine wax his body before taking Jean out?

5. Mystque in a human form looks like Rebacca with Charlie hair with Aeon Flux.

6. Good mutants are clean out white kids and evil mutants are ethic kids with tatoos and piercings?

7. If your a mutant you pick you're own Mutant name. So what happens when two mutants meet with the same name? Everyone is gonna pick a cool name right? Do they fight over the rights to it?

8. How much hair color did they use on Ontatop? It stained her scalp red.

1.  What was with that mutant with that oily duck hairdo?  Was that I chick or dude?

The Prince looking clapping chick was Arclight (no relation, thank god)... yes that was a chick believe it or not.

Edit: Arclight was played by Omahyra Mota, a very emu looking model.

Edited by JsARCLIGHT

403656[/snapback]

fart you.

403659[/snapback]

Tell you what, let us know what movie you made, wrote, or took part in so we can all watch and then we can all witness what you learned in film school, since you love to throw around your script writing 101 class so much.

BTW:

Lord of the Rings

Kingdom of Heaven

Gladiator

403761[/snapback]

couldn't agree more :D

1.  What was with that mutant with that oily duck hairdo?  Was that I chick or dude?

The Prince looking clapping chick was Arclight (no relation, thank god)... yes that was a chick believe it or not.

Edit: Arclight was played by Omahyra Mota, a very emu looking model.

403899[/snapback]

Shockwave if I rememeber correctly?

Saw it tonight. I was falling asleep during the last sequence. I guess for the average viewer, it was okay. I'm sure a lot was cut out of the movie. I'm still puzzled the jump from Wolvie leaving the mansion to him being in the forest, but I can live with it not to mention a few other jumps.

I do believe this was rushed. But that's my overall opinion of the whole franchise. Lots of characters had potential but were under used throughout the whole franchise. I did like what they did with Kitty Pride and Iceman. It was nice to see a good character flow among those 2 (combined with the other movies). Beast was good. Kelsey Grammer was a great casting choice.

Now for the gripes....Now consider that I'm looking at this on the whole (all 3 movies).

-Cyclops....I'll give James Marsden the benefit of doubt since he was filming Supes at the same time but overall....there's a goldmine of potential with that character. What I saw with tonight left me with a half full cup. Marsden has done a good job with Cyclops, but I wasn't satisfied with what's been done.

-Rogue...A good chance to make her shine, but with this movie....I was disappointed in her treatment. It was a nice closure to her character, but I wanted her to use her abilities, not be afraid of them.

-Too much Wolverine. This is probably why the movies don't appeal to me. There's more than 1 character. There's a team of them. It was nice to see more Storm compared to the last but there are more characters in this world, and it's a catch-22. You have lots of characters to work with, but at the same time, you can't cram them all in at once.

Now for the mutants-of-the-week characters...

-Angel....one of the few X-men I like. Wasted.....It would have been nice to have establish him as a former X-man. For the context of the movie, I can understand, but give him a reason to be at the mansion. He just appears there out of nowhere. How does he know he would be safe there?

-Callisto. Her "new" ability to detect mutants seems to vary in range...I didn't quite get the feel of that. Give her at least a domino eye (you don't need an eye-patch) or some scars. In the comics, her appearence is not pretty. The movie kinda disappointed me with that.

-Juggernaut. He doesn't really have much going for him. I think he's just the strong arm of the faction. Well....they probably could have done without him.

-Moria McTaggert...Eye candy and something for Xavier to connect with, but otherwise wasted. She could have been in the room with the rest of them when they were discussing the future of the school. Here's a character who knew Xavier better than most of the X-men...and yet she only shows up in 3 spots, and only saying a few lines in 2 of the 3.

-Colossus...That's it? Again, we have the problem of too much in too little.

That's my gripe..I mean opinion. I have more, but I'll save that for later.As much as I'm looking forward to Supes in a month....part of me is looking at that movie with cautious optimism after watching X3.