X-men 3 Pics: Beast And Angel Revealed

bsu legato

Saw the midnight showing, I hope that the rushed pace was due to massive editing - at least 3 scenes from the trailers didn't make it in my cut:

- Wolvie and Bobby's speech "You go to war you might not come home"

- Magneto flipping one car into another

- Trask having the "you know must be done" talk with the president

And a whole slew of others rumored to have been cut:

- Jugs vs Colossus

- More Angel in the Alcatraz battle showing how he got there

- More Cyclops!

As to the GG Bridge, they tried to amp down the lighting, you can see the sun setting in each progressive shot, but it was still done way too fast.

Here's hoping we get an X3.5 dvd release, I think an extended cut would greatly improve it's pace.

ETA: myk - I am totally in agreement about Kitty, but better not make her mad if you've seen Hard Candy :ph34r:

Edited by uminoken

Saw it, liked it, probably would agree that it's weaker than the first two but wouldn't call it a disappointment by any means. BTW, the scene after the credits was awesome! That clinched my enjoyment of the movie which is odd considering most movie goers will NOT even see that scene.

Lol. Most of the audience, which I'm guessing were hard-core Marvel types who have always hated the X-movies but watch them anyway, left in disgust long before that final scene; I'm glad I stayed for that little morsel.

With Magneto and the Professor's special ending scenes, looks like sequels are definitely a possibility.

-What this movie really needed, and what I and others were probably waiting for, was a battle between 'Jug and Colossus. By the way, didn't X2 have a different actor for Colossus? I recall him as being much more muscular in the previous movie...

That's the part of the movie I couldn't understand: there's supposed to be an "army" of mutants storming Alcatraz but the only ones using their powers were the X-Men and Magneto's closer allies. That entire island should have been destroyed with all of those mutants running around.

Wait a minute. Where were the Sentinels? They wouldn't have one in the Danger Room if they didn't exist as a real threat...

I wouldn't consider myself a marvel purist, but that movie was awful. I don't mind alternate universe X-Men story tangents, but after watching Spider-Man and how well it did I was expecting more. I just think it was wrong on so many levels. Half of the characters were not true to their incarnation at all, the special effects were flat, the storyline was cramped with too many archs, but most of all they ruined the phoenix story arch. I could go on but it barely gets a 2 out of 5. Just my 2 cents.

I liked it. I liked it better than the first two movies, although it had its fair share of problems like the day into night thing. I liked the prologue seeing young Xavier and Magneto, that was pretty cool.

Loved Juggernaut vs Kitty Pride.

i really gotta say, that movie was pretty awful, angel contributed nothing, the peoaple flying on strings pissed me off, storm is supposed to fly by controlling wind around her, yet in x3 she just kinda hovers around without even a slight breeze on her cape, and the amount of people dead/out of the picture is just incomparable to the first 2, they attempted to do way to much in not nearly enough time and it it was really obvious that there was a dirrent director, this movie had a completely different feel than the first 2 and this one just sucked, btw i was planning to stay for the tihng after the credits but my friends didnt wanna, so please, someone PM that

I liked this movie just fine. I was looking forward to it, and I can't say I was disappointed. The new mutants introduced were too rushed though, and they could have been developed more. Angel's role was more eye candy than anything, and it could have been used in a much better way.

When was Jubilee shown on screen?

X2 was the best of the three. The first scene alone was awesome, and it had Kelly Hu in it.

Ehh...it was "alright" at best. While there was little in the movie that I found jaw-droppingly stupid, it definitely felt extremely rushed which made most of story lose whatever weight it might have otherwise had. Just when something important would happen, whoooosh off to the next plot or subplot development. It's like a kid who spent Saturday afternoon reading X-Men comics, and then gave you his overenthusiastic rundown of what he'd read.

"Omgomg, k fist theres jean grey as a kid and shes really strong and then theres a kid who tries to cut off his wings and then the danger room with a sentinel but wolverine cuts off its head and cyclops rides away to find jean and she takes his glasses off so wolvie and storm fly out there and find her and prof x says shes dangerous but magneto frees mystique but she gets turned into a human and then...."

I'd give it a overly generous 2.5 out of 5, and that's mainly on the strength of Hugh Jackman. Hopefully his spinoff movie will be in more capable hands.

A teeny, weeny spoiler alert!

It was too rushed with too many subplots & very little characterization. Mixing the Dark Phoenix saga with the Leech story was a mistake. I liked that Ratner added key X-Men tidbits like Jean holding back Scott's optic blasts with her tk, Beast reading upside down, and Wolvie leading a bunch of junior X-Men into battle. Characters like Callisto & Spike(?) needed more face time. The Dark Phoenix story was a let down and the Leech story had potential but it really didn't live up to it. I liked the action & the all the one liners but was the deaths of three key characters really necessary? BTW, I saw the ending and man was that a let down.

Edited by terry the lone wolf

When was Jubilee shown on screen?

Considering that this movie is as forgettable as can be, it's hard to pinpoint where she was, but I believe her first appearance was during Magneto's first speech to the rogue mutants in the church. After that, I believe she was also on Alcatraz for a couple of shots, but then again this movie was all over the place...

Edited by myk

Nevermind! For anyone who missed the scene at the end of the credits, it's been put up on YouTube. Check it out here if you've seen the movie or don't care about this spoiler:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bogAgn0rslU...20men%20credits

403010[/snapback]

I watched it, but the quality wasn't good enough for me to figure out what was going on...

Can someone explain to me:

Who was the guy on the bad?

He said "hello Lora"(?) What's special about that?

Thanks

Nevermind! For anyone who missed the scene at the end of the credits, it's been put up on YouTube. Check it out here if you've seen the movie or don't care about this spoiler:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bogAgn0rslU...20men%20credits

403010[/snapback]

I watched it, but the quality wasn't good enough for me to figure out what was going on...

Can someone explain to me:

Who was the guy on the bad?

He said "hello Lora"(?) What's special about that?

Thanks

403039[/snapback]

He said Moira. Moira Mactaggart was Charles's fmr. love and his confidant in anything mutant related. Charles was in war service in Ireland where he dated Moira. When Charles went back to war she sent him a dear john letter. She was was also head of mutant research on Muir Island in Ireland. When Charles was giving a class(Jubilee was sitting in front; much too short of an appearence) he played video with Moira appearing. She was the mother of reality warping mutant Proteus & she had a long romantic relationship with Sean "Banshee" Cassidey.

I liked the action & the all the one liners but was the deaths of three key characters really necessary? BTW, I saw the ending and man was that a let down.

402968[/snapback]

SPOILER!

I don't think much damage was done at all as far as killing characters.

We find out Xavier is alive albeit in another body.

Most likey from Magneto's last scene, we find out the cure is only temporary.

We never see Cyclops die, we're only told he did, they never found him. He could very well come back in a future movie and they could explain his disappearance on being in a "telekinetic coma" or something like that.

The only real death as far as I'm concerned was Jean Grey. And I thought it was done well. I really enjoyed the ending with Wolverine taking her out. It was emotionally moving IMO.

After all, these are comic book movies. People die and come back all the time.

SPOILER!

I don't think much damage was done at all as far as killing characters.

We find out Xavier is alive albeit in another body.

Most likey from Magneto's last scene, we find out the cure is only temporary.

We never see Cyclops die, we're only told he did, they never found him. He could very well come back in a future movie and they could explain his disappearance on being in a "telekinetic coma" or something like that.

The only real death as far as I'm concerned was Jean Grey. And I thought it was done well. I really enjoyed the ending with Wolverine taking her out. It was emotionally moving IMO.

After all, these are comic book movies. People die and come back all the time.

403044[/snapback]

You're right we never truly see Cyclops die & astral body Xavier could be in younger body(maybe paving the way for him to walk again). Oh, what could Phoenix do(I mean besides destroying planets and eating suns); she could ressurect herself. So, there's always hope. BTW, wasn't Kelsey pretty good as the Beast. "Oh my stars & garters!"

Finally saw it last night. To me it was easily the worst of the three movies. My major gripe being that the plot relies heavily on major characters acting completely out of their established personalities (specifically, Xavier, though Magneto had moments where they thought, "You know, Magneto just isn't evil enough. Maybe we should have him kill some puppies? No, wait! I know!").

Almost none of the major characters are likeable, out of the major cast it seems like only Beast and Wolverine don't do anything in the movie just to piss someone else off.

It seems like every (poorly set up) major event in this movie could easily be undone, and in fact is shown to already be coming undone before the credits even start rolling. After the credits all they do is show the movie's events being further undone.

This was a particularly forgettable installment, and I'd be happy to see the next movie ignore it's occurance as much as possible.

Oh, I was entertained, just not as the movie's creators probably intended. It certainly wasn't $10 worth of entertainment. See it at a matinee, or better yet the cheap theatres.

if they do bring back all the characters that they eliminated that would be retarded, it works in the comics because they have huge storylines, sidestories, subpolts, all that, spanning hundreds of issues, killing off half the main characters all in one movie and pulling excuses out of your ass to bring them all back just doesnt work in a movie, as far as im concerned, they shouldntve elimainated that many characters especially as much of the eliminations were completely pointless, but since they did, the only characters that they should even consider bringing back are magneto and mystiqe just because the cure could be temporary or reversed, and seriously they need to make up their minds about what theyre doign with the movies, it seems that they are making lots of references to the comics in terms of events and character slike they assume you should already know, yet at the same time they are like completely ignoring the comics in other ways

Wel judging from some of you guy's posts, your negatve critiiques of the movie have dissauded me from going to see it. Would any of you guys recommend this movie to me? Sure, I'll admit that it' pretty narrowminded of me to judge a movie without seeing it first to see if I like like it or not but I don't wanna waste money to see a movie if it sucks balls that bad. However, I feel that this thrid installment of the franchise would've been successful if they did this movie about Apocaplypse like I stated earlier in this thread.

The Apocalypse saga that was seen in the 90's cartoon was the most intriging and suspenseful saga out of the whole series that reallly captivated my interest. Therefore, I'm convinced that if this movie was centered around him, the movie would been a guaranteed blockbuster. But then again when I think about it, if the third movie was gonna be bout' Apocalypse, people would just pretty much see it as a movie adaptation of the second X-men Legends game since the X-men Legend series is a video game translation of the movie series topsy turvy. However, Brian Singer may have plans to include apocalypse in the 4th movie.

Heh, for those of you who have seen it and think it's crap, I'm gonna say "I told you so"!

I mean it's Brett-Frickin-talentless-hack-Ratboy (sorry, Ratner) directing. In my book, he's right up there with Uwe Boll & Paul W Anderson.

I had the displeasure of having to work on set with Ratner when he was filming Rush Hour 2 in HK (my company provided the blank firing guns & ammo) and the guy is a clueless dick IMO.

Graham

After seeing this movie, I'm pretty much convinced that it's still going to be a long time before we see a live-action comic book team movie that can capture the epic storylines in the comic books. There just isn't enough screen time (and budget) to develop a story AND characters along the lines of say an Age of Apocalypse story. Live-action is great for less characters (i.e. Spider-Man), but there's just way too many characters in the X-Men universe to ever represent faithfully on the big screen. I doubt you could commit all the same actors to stick around for several more sequels to build up to something like that. I'm hoping that with CG seeming to be less costly and being used more and more to make entire movies, it might be feasible to make comic-based movies in CG where all you need is voice actors to reprise their roles in sequels.

I still need to see this movie but I'm starting to think...

A bunch of colorful back ground mutants = a bunch of colorful back ground Jedi.

403178[/snapback]

At least the back ground Jedi were armed sharp pointy objects. The back ground mutants were practically unarmed with a few exceptions provided they didn't get "cured" on the way to the defensive line. Would've thought some of them would've had the smarts to bring weapons [preferably guns] to make up for lack of range or their non-combat effective mutations.

The mutant wave assault on Alcatraz was rather pointless as Magneto would've still had plenty metal laying around on Alcatraz itself with the doors, fences, rebar in the walls and etc. to wreck merry hell on the on it, just just dropped or thrown the bridge onto/into the section where Leech was held.

Edited by Mislovrit

Someone should have robbed a hardware store and brought along a supply of buzzsaws for Magneto to toss around. :p Or he should have ripped off the metal plating on the walls at Alcatraz and had those fly around to smash people.

Lots of stuff they could have done. Oh well it's done and over.

Heh, for those of you who have seen it and think it's crap, I'm gonna say "I told you so"!

I mean it's Brett-Frickin-talentless-hack-Ratboy (sorry, Ratner) directing. In my book, he's right up there with Uwe Boll & Paul W Anderson.

I had the displeasure of having to work on set with Ratner when he was filming Rush Hour 2 in HK (my company provided the blank firing guns & ammo) and the guy is a clueless dick IMO.

Graham

403227[/snapback]

Damn Graham. Don't hold back; say what you really feel. LOL! Though you're proberly right. Marvel Films & Fox should reaccess their ASScotiation with Ratner.

Edited by terry the lone wolf

I didn't expect it to be as good as 1 and 2 were, and it sure as hell wasn't.

However coming into the movie thinking that, I kind of knew what to expect.

I thought it was good but it could have been so much better had Singer stayed on. It hurts it a ton when his trailer is shown before the x3 movei starts and how painfully obvious super man returns looks a ton better.

Angel was a complete waste, my friend thinks the actor who played Spike was thrown in there because he was in rush hour, psylocke was way too thin and wasted too, and Storm's choreagraphy was terrible. Good God.

I'd give it a 3 out of 5.

This movie sucked! *Spoilers*

Anyway I saw this movie yesterday and from the opening Danger Room sequence and just knew this movie was bad. Everything in that scene looked awkward and kind of fake. For the rest of the movie there were too many story lines going on at the same time which failed to capture my attention.

The Angel storyline was especially useless and made no sense. Here's a scene that is especially awkward. When Angel is about to get injected with the cure he bursts out of his bonds and spreads his wings shirtless and flexing his muscles. The scene was totally gay and looked ridiculous. I almost burst out laughing in the theatre.

I also thought beast kind of looked stupid, I kept thinking of a hairy smurf. This guy is a scientist and Secretary of mutant affairs, but he just looked like a blue furball and totally out of place!

My biggest gripe is how quickly they killed off Professor X and Cyclops. I had no idea they were going to do this. I guess I'm really mad because if this movie is about the X-Men, they should be more faithful to the comic. I heard that in the comics, the Phoenix killed herself because of her love for Scott Summers. That would have made a much better ending in my opinion. Cyclops was so under used in all the movies its ridiculous. Instead she kills off Scott in the beginning, but can't seem to put down Wolverine. It almost suggests she loves Wolverine more, which goes against how she rejected him in the first movie.

Since other people are rating this, I give it a 2 out of 5. Some action scenes were decent, but if you looking for a good story and character development don't watch this movie!