Robotech: The Movie

khyronic

Also cause various cults to perform mass suicide.  If you stare hard enough you can see hidden messages like "vote for al gore" "vote for kerry"

348910[/snapback]

That was out of line and decidedly uncalled for. :angry:

348919[/snapback]

Skull's right...get with the program the time frame for RT: The Movie would have had messages like "Vote for Dukakis" or "Vote for Mondale" :rolleyes:

So....anyone got a copy so I can see it and laugh really hard the whole time?

It sadly never really made it past the theaters. It went up against Transformers that kicked Robotech's ass like.......well words can't describe.

The Robotech movie didn't get alot of air time for commericals like Transformers did, Robotechs Trailers were shown VERY VERY early in the morning while other trailers showed on prime time.

It did make a very brief appearance on Beta but after that it went off the market. Very rarely will you ever see someone trying to get rid of it cause the copies been burned :p

I had the distinct "pleasure" of seeing the movie, the ending was specially done by the same group who did Megazone just for the movie, but the splicing of the Robotech Masters and Megazone 23 was horrible. The picture resolution was very different from eachother along with animation quality was VERY VERY different.

The story also reused alot of animation thruought MZ23 and Robotech Masters, it was sad. The dubbing was just flat out horrible, but the only good side of it was the music, which HG still keeps around.

Like it was mentioned above, just get Megazone 23 Part 1 and you'll be happy.

I contacted Harmony Gold a few years back when they did the first launch of Robotech dvd's if they'd release the untold story like they would with Sentinel's.

They explained they no longer owned the rights to Megazone 23 (both true and false since HG is allied with ADV who owns the Megazone23 rights). Not too mention all the editing footage, vocals, special materials used to create the movie, even the altered ending no longer existed.

It's like the Rosewell crash never happened but with Robotech.

Also cause various cults to perform mass suicide.  If you stare hard enough you can see hidden messages like "vote for al gore" "vote for kerry"

348910[/snapback]

348919[/snapback]

to quote mars attacks. your an adult cope with it. :p

348910[/snapback]

348919[/snapback]

348927[/snapback]

:lol:

DUDE! That made my day. B))

Just out of my curiousity, was there any new footage at all in RT The Movie?

348974[/snapback]

No, it was some Southern Cross, and moslty Megazone...

We ought to be carefull mentioning Southren Cross though, last time we did, this place got so awesome it crashed the server.

Interesting though, RT the movie had no mention of:

PROTOCURCHA.JPG

post-26-1108570519_thumb.jpg

348974[/snapback]

I heard that they actually commissioned Artland to make a new ending for it.

Now, if they only had the money/digity to commission Artland to DO THE WHOLE THING FROM SCRATCH maybe something would have come out of this whole affair. <_<

348974[/snapback]

IIRC, that was the "happy ending" included as an extra with the old English dub of "Megazone 23 Part 2" (i.e. the one done by the same people as "Super Spacefortress Macross")

348910[/snapback]

348919[/snapback]

348927[/snapback]

:lol:

DUDE! That made my day. B))

348931[/snapback]

Could be worse... Al Fracken might actually make a funny joke. :huh:

To cure yourself of the RowTheToilEBowlTech: The Movie Sliced together with a kindergarten class while carrying Ginzu Knives... I recommend reading this book:

0060823836.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

348974[/snapback]

IIRC, that was the "happy ending" included as an extra with the old English dub of "Megazone 23 Part 2" (i.e. the one done by the same people as "Super Spacefortress Macross")

349014[/snapback]

Artland is the same studio that did Macross. Of course alot of the artwork was subbed out to well, less-than-quality animators.

needs to be changed to 99 micheal jackson no longer lives in the US.

349098[/snapback]

But how can we tax him if he doesn't live here.... oh wait.. heh heh, he hasn't made any money in a while to tax anyway. Never mind. :lol:

Seriously though, I have a bit of a problem with the idea of having knock offs of the original. Somehow, the bastardization of the original Macross just seems blasphemous to me. After all, it's like throwing up a sign that says U.S. animators in the 80s has no good ideas and they have to get knock offs from everyone else. (actually, now that I think about it, that was pretty much true.... Simpsons was late 80s, and the Flintstones were the 70s).

Edited by kalvasflam

348974[/snapback]

349014[/snapback]

Artland is the same studio that did Macross. Of course alot of the artwork was subbed out to well, less-than-quality animators.

349052[/snapback]

Sorry, when I was talking about "the same people", I was referring to the people who did the English dub (the one that was later used for "Clash of the Bionoids"), not the people who did the animation.

I recall IMacross4 before it was debunked had Robotech the untold story as well.....I had it before my computer crashed. Low quality Realplayer version, course its gonna be recorded off of a tape, there is no DVD or Laser Disc version....that would be impossible.

I have an old VHS copy of a copy of a copy that i got back in the day. Only watched it once, kind of interesting to see it for the novelty but not exactly the kinda movie you want to see more than once. If I remember correctly, on my tape after the movie there's a segment with Carl Macek talking about the origins of the movie and random stuff, been years since I've seen it though.

The Seishun Shitemasu fan-dub Robotech parodies are a little more interesting, which I have on tape somewhere as well.

I have an old VHS copy of a copy of a copy that i got back in the day. Only watched it once, kind of interesting to see it for the novelty but not exactly the kinda movie you want to see more than once. If I remember correctly, on my tape after the movie there's a segment with Carl Macek talking about the origins of the movie and random stuff, been years since I've seen it though.

The Seishun Shitemasu fan-dub Robotech parodies are a little more interesting, which I have on tape somewhere as well.

349678[/snapback]

Don't suppose you picked those up at Yellow's fansub distro?

There was another Megazone 23 DVD set released in Japan earlier this year. A very limited number of these sets came with an extra DVD containing the original Streamline-produced dub of MZ23 Part 2, in addition to the original few minutes of Megazone-styled footage from Robotech: The Movie labeled as a "Special Film".

I checked Yahoo Auctions the other day and one of those discs was going for about 25000 Yen!

This is as close as Robotech: The Movie will ever come to DVD!

The only thing I can say I liked about Robotech The Untold Story was the music........that was it.........I think out of Robotech, the music was the thing I enjoyed.

While Minmay's voice sucked as a singer, I thought Yellow Dancer was great, and some of the music sung by Michael was nice.