1/48 Scale Sundowners Custom

Wicked Ace

very nice work, i like the color scheme on it. :) if you have any other kits you have painted i hope you can post pics of them as well.

chris

Oooooooooooh.  Sundowners are my fave squadron, so of course I love this custom.  Tail looks closest to their first F-14 markings, 1979 or so.   

Grays remind me of an Su-24 more than anything else, which is a rather unique but cool pattern.

347314[/snapback]

Thanks everyone for the kind words. David, I looked at a bunch of pictures, but any specific year similarity is purely coincidental. The first time I saw a the Sundowners scheme was when I was a kid in a hobby shop; I was in awe and bought an F-14 kit. . . too bad mine came out looking nothing like the one at the hobby shop. :)

Very nice custom, Wicked Ace.

Where did you get the decals? :)

347388[/snapback]

The VF-1 decals from came from both Takatoys and Anasazi. The F-14A decal set came from a local hobby shop; Albatros Model Works is the name of the company that makes the particular set I used.

Just would like to see some of the decals like the nosecone and others from the rear, Myss Molly etc. Anything else that you'd like to share'd be nice too. Thanks! :)

349124[/snapback]

Here's a pic of the nose cone and fast pack cover. :) Damn, the nose cone shot really shows what a crappy job I did cutting/applying the waterslide decal.

post-1617-1133546504_thumb.jpg

post-1617-1133546706_thumb.jpg