Latest 1/48 GBP Pics

Graham

You know, if Yamato wanted to milk the mold, I figure all they would have to do is get Big West's sign off on creating paint variations After that, all the completists would go ga ga...

It's not Yamato milking the mold. It's just a custom paint scheme, not a production item. The pics are from the new February 2006 issue of Dengeki Hobby magazine (just out). I was going to scan and post them after the holidays, but got beaten to the bunch. Oh well, not that I mind as it saves me some time scanning :D

Graham

awesome the box looks good, (probably would be even better if it did not have the pictures of the toy itself on it) and the hands are prepainted, very soon this will be in my collection :)

I had to get 6 of these :( Can you spell broke? Also, I had to get a additional 1J to be dressed up for murder, if you know what I mean. I really enjoy me 1J without the FP. I already have a full detailed 1J, and the GBP 1J will be standing next to my naked 1J. BTW, the box look huge :( I'm going to store those stupid boxes in the atic...

Oh well...

I'm sooo broke :p

The more I see the new box art with every subsequent release, the more I am convinced that the designers are just picking out Adobe Photoshop filters, and cut/pasting the toy pictures on it. This one isn't as bad as the Konig , Max and Millia though.

And omg...the hands....look at the "joints". They're painted black! If that's black, i'm sure the missiles are red as well! Whee!

The more I see the new box art with every subsequent release, the more I am convinced that the designers are just picking out Adobe Photoshop filters, and cut/pasting the toy pictures on it.

355255[/snapback]

No offense, but it's not like it's the box you'll be attaching to your VF-1, now is it? :rolleyes:

355257[/snapback]

None taken. But its true. You'd think they'd do better with the box art. Gone are the days of macross toys with cool boxart.

And long time no see, omni. How's it hanging there at philipines? :p

The more I see the new box art with every subsequent release, the more I am convinced that the designers are just picking out Adobe Photoshop filters, and cut/pasting the toy pictures on it.

355255[/snapback]

No offense, but it's not like it's the box you'll be attaching to your VF-1, now is it? :rolleyes:

355257[/snapback]

None taken. But its true. You'd think they'd do better with the box art. Gone are the days of macross toys with cool boxart.

And long time no see, omni. How's it hanging there at philipines? :p

355260[/snapback]

I agree, they should've just left the boxes black as in the initial releases. God, the Cf's box sux so Hooverlike....