Anyone With A Vf-19s Plan View?

Aurora-7

I'd like to build one of my Hasegawa YF-19s as a Macross 7 VF-19 (the ones without canards and a modified wing). I have a few views of them at different angles but I'd like to get a top view just to get the wing dimensions right.

I'd like to build one of my Hasegawa YF-19s as a Macross 7 VF-19 (the ones without canards and a modified wing). I have a few views of them at different angles but I'd like to get a top view just to get the wing dimensions right.

346694[/snapback]

Man, if you want a canon vf-19s that's a lot of mods, you could even recast it as your own garage kit. Maybe get a bandai 1/100 vf-19, it should help you.

I could scan my bandai 1/100 directions but I have currently problems both with my connection and pc, sorry, PM me next week if you are still interested.

346694[/snapback]

Man, if you want a canon vf-19s that's a lot of mods, you could even recast it as your own garage kit. Maybe get a bandai 1/100 vf-19, it should help you.

I could scan my bandai 1/100 directions but I have currently problems both with my connection and pc, sorry, PM me next week if you are still interested.

346851[/snapback]

While poking around the net, I came across images of a resin conversion kit that was made to be sold exclusively (I believe) at one of the Japanese Wonderfest shows. As for making a garage kit myself, I don't think I have the talent for that. I think the single biggest mod is the wings. There is some sort of 'cuff' that surounds the afterburners of the VF-19s F through S models but I didn't like the look of that and would probably leave it off my version anyway.

Thanks for the offer for the instructions scan. Years ago I had the 1/100 kit but I was disapointed in the dimensions of it in fighter mode. But I think the paint guide's plan view would be perfect.

So far this is the closest I have to figure out the wing dimensions:

Vf19_s.jpg

Edited by Aurora-7

Thanks, Ido, but someone at the Starship Modeler forum pointed me to the following link which happens to be part of this forum:

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?...ndpost&p=154745

346923[/snapback]

wow, the vf-19 has ugly stubby wings, gimme the yf-19 any day, but to each his own, for some reason i remebered the vf-19 having, larger wings tho, thos look really stubby

Thanks, Ido, but someone at the Starship Modeler forum pointed me to the following link which happens to be part of this forum:

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?...ndpost&p=154745

346923[/snapback]

wow, the vf-19 has ugly stubby wings, gimme the yf-19 any day, but to each his own, for some reason i remebered the vf-19 having, larger wings tho, thos look really stubby

347244[/snapback]

Yeah the YF-19 and the VF-19A have nicer lines but I'd still like the 'stub winged' variant in a display next to the others. I think the back story is that the modified wings and removal of the canards was because the VF-19s for Macross 7 were seen as to be mostly used in space so no need for canards and big wings. Milia supposedly was in favor of the original design over this version.