Hollywood destroys more childhoods...somwhere...

Apparently someone at WB started thinking Aquaman was actually good enough to get a TV show:

Now AQUAMAN gets a show???!!!

I guess they're just scraping the barrell for Superfriend's leftovers at this point. Of all the other heroes in the DCU, they pick Aquaman? The Flash or Green Lantern would be much better as a show. I guess now they can have underwater angst and drama...just like on Seaquest, but on the wb!

I have nothing against Aquaman but I hope this show is a dismal failure. If it is a success it will spawn an even mroe craptacular movie version. If anything I think Wb and DC are literally testing the waters for this superhero.

Now if Cartoon Network were doing the show it'd probably be great.

Aquaman, talking to his fish in an aquarium, "Why won't you talk to me? I know you understand me? I'm Aquaman!"

Superman wanders by, "Trouble at home?"

Aquaman picks up the aquarium and begins shaking it violently, "You $%&*!"

Aquaman??? I'd rather see a Wonder Twins TV show...or the Legion of Doom Variety Hour.

344853[/snapback]

I'm not so sure about the Wonder Twins, as they've always sort of freaked me out (Zan and Jana seemed to have had a kind of squirelly Osmondesque quazi-incest thing going on).

...But a Legion of Doom show would be pretty happening. Nothing better than a bunch of nightmarish freaks in spandex out plotting the world's ruin from their semi-submerged skull shaped fortress in some swamp. Rock on.

:D

Apparently someone at WB started thinking Aquaman was actually good enough to get a TV show:

I guess they're just scraping the barrell for Superfriend's leftovers at this point.  Of all the other heroes in the DCU, they pick Aquaman?  The Flash or Green Lantern would be much better as a show.  I guess now they can have underwater angst and drama...just like on Seaquest, but on the wb!

344839[/snapback]

They already did "The Flash" on TV.

Linky

/tuned in every week.

Aquaman isn't going to be hard to figure out. Theres gonna be some hot chick he can't reveal his secret to and pushes her away, there will be a token black guy who will get 2 lines in every other episode, there will be a smart 'yet not as hot as the main chick' kind of chick who pines for Aquaman but can't get him, Aquaman will have problems with his parents and there will be a new mutant enemy every week. Plus everyone who is supposed to be 15-18 will look 24-28. It will be Smallville-lite near a lake.

344933[/snapback]

Not mention the fact that they will take it as an opportunity to bombard the audience with environmental wacko rhetoric and politics until your head explodes...remember Captain Planet?

Wasn't there news sometime last year about Jack Black being casted for Green Lantern movie...or was that a sarcastic joke news?

344849[/snapback]

I think that was an April Fools gag.

Didn't they re-do Aquaman in the comics to be all grim and angsty? Maybe if they went with that, it wouldn't be too bad.

Heh. I just remember the State...

"Batman, I need you to track down those leads, Flash - run to China and stop the bomb before it goes off.."

"What about me?"

"Uh.. Aquaman... why don't you go talk to some fish or something. HAhaha"

Everyone laughs at Aquaman.

aquaman was in smallville?

344992[/snapback]

Yah. Week or 2 back. Even the people that like Smallville didn't care.

I guess they're just scraping the barrell for Superfriend's leftovers at this point.  Of all the other heroes in the DCU, they pick Aquaman?  The Flash or Green Lantern would be much better as a show.  I guess now they can have underwater angst and drama...just like on Seaquest, but on the wb!

344839[/snapback]

Linky

/tuned in every week.

344994[/snapback]

I loved The Flash.

Of course, if they did it now it'd be teen angst drama, and thus much less lovable.

Yeah, that was a great show actually. I remember hearing at the time that it was THE most expensive being produced on TV. The Flash deserves another shot more than Aquaman. I don't think a hook hand makes him anymore interesting.

At least they aren't remaking Southern Cross.....  My childhood is intact.

345062[/snapback]

Your childhood shall be despoiled yet...wasn't there word of a Predator remake?

345063[/snapback]

As I am a positive person, I feel this will show the world that Arnold is truly the greatest, as the remake won't even come close to being as awesome as the original.

The only worthwhile thing about this Aeon Flux flic would be Charlize Theron showing some skin or at least her figure...

Interesting coincidence: Charlize Theron

--recognized as quite skilled/attractive actress; playing in several award-winning movie roles, now commits the penultimate, career 'self-destruct-o' move.

Put on a black, slinky super-heroine costume(not even a 1st-rate comic hero at that) so she can battle evil while juicing errogenous zones.

About 2-3wks ago..

She gets celebrity gossip expose over a spat or 'misunderstanding over artistic differences...' w/Halle Berry; some reply she made to journalist's comments that were made about how Halle achieved Hollywood success w/Oscar performances, to then end up doing 'Catwoman',hit-n-run driving offenses,etc.

(Supposedly, she & Halle made up/cleared the smoke together)

I have never watched 'Catwoman'(purposefully!) & I'm wondering whether Aeon Flux will remain watched as the original anime.

There was a series that lasted one or two seasons on MTV that was spun off a series of shorts from Liquid Television...not so pretty eye candy and definitely for stoners. Aeon Flux was always a cult favorite in both incarnations, but it never had widespread popularity; why a movie based on this show/character has been made, or why Charlize Theron took the role (other than a substantial payola), beats the hell out of me...chalk it up to another example of Hollyweird's total lack of originality, and their penchant to underestimate audiences, and then wonder why ticket sales are hovering near an all time low.

At any rate, based on the trailers I've seen, it looks like it will be total garbage and earn a place in movie history with other piles of steaming poo like Catwoman and Electra.

As for Aquaman, he's the quintessential background character and in no way interesting enough to carry a series, no matter how bad. For all intents and purposes they could try using Merman...just about the same level of popularity.

There was a series that lasted one or two seasons on MTV that was spun off a series of shorts from Liquid Television...not so pretty eye candy and definitely for stoners.  Aeon Flux was always a cult favorite in both incarnations, but it never had widespread popularity; why a movie based on this show/character has been made, or why Charlize Theron took the role (other than a substantial payola), beats the hell out of me...chalk it up to another example of Hollyweird's total lack of originality, and their penchant to underestimate audiences, and then wonder why ticket sales are hovering near an all time low.

At any rate, based on the trailers I've seen, it looks like it will be total garbage and earn a place in movie history with other piles of steaming poo like Catwoman and Electra.

As for Aquaman, he's the quintessential background character and in no way interesting enough to carry a series, no matter how bad.  For all intents and purposes they could try using Merman...just about the same level of popularity.

345220[/snapback]

and stealth (thats right I said it I don't fear the gods :p )

Was there much to Aeon Flux? I remember watching a bit of it years ago, but it seems like it was mostly pretty eye candy for stoner's to watch on late nights.

345184[/snapback]

For the most part yeah, but it was kind of addictive. Unique animation at the time.

Prepare for your teenage years to be raped. :p

DOA in Big Screen

doa_aokiontheset_1127410514.jpg

Dimension Films has signed a pact to distribute the forthcoming game-to-film adaptation of Dead or Alive to North American movie theaters. According to Variety, the studio has the movie tentatively set for release in Fall 2006.

D.O.A., from Transporter director Corey Yuen, stars Jaime Pressly (My Name is Earl), Holly Valance, Devon Aoki (Sin City, 2 Fast 2 Furious), Sarah Carter (Final Destination 2), Kane Kosugi (Godzilla: Final Wars), Natassia Malthe (Elektra), Matthew Marsden (Black Hawk Down) and Eric Roberts (National Security, Spun).

Tecmo and Constantin Film have collaborated with Impact Pictures to make the picture which has been described as "Charlie's Angels meets Enter The Dragon."

The DOA script was penned by J.F. Lawton (Under Siege, Pretty Woman), Adam & Seth Gross (Devour), and Granz Henman. Jeremy Bolt and Paul W.S. Anderson are producing.

Actually, baboons are more interesting to watch. At least you can laugh at them.

And, for craps sake, someone tell me that that Akira live action project led by Pitaf (yes, Catwoman) I heard about some time ago is collecting more dust than the great canyon.

At least they're being upfront about it...

http://u.tv/newsroom/indepth.asp?id=9486&pt=e

There is going to a remake of the The Prisoner (Patrick McGohan, Number Six, The Village, Rover, Be Seeing You one) that the producers admit that apart from having the name will have very little to do with the original concept at all...

At least they're being upfront about it...

http://u.tv/newsroom/indepth.asp?id=9486&pt=e

There is going to a remake of the The Prisoner (Patrick McGohan, Number Six, The Village, Rover, Be Seeing You one) that the producers admit that apart from having the name will have very little to do with the original concept at all...

346861[/snapback]

I hate you!! I was happy living in my blissfull ignorance, right up till the point where you posted that. Patrick McGoohan is rolling over in his grave!

Patrick McGoohan: "I'm not dead yet!"