Here ya go Matrix heads....

Mechamaniac

Years later I still don't understand any gripes about the last two Matrix films; they continue and conclude the story of Neo and the neophytes to a logical, predictable conclusion in typical fashion. Well, MY only problem with the entire series is Carrie Moss-that's not a WOMAN that's a MAN baby...

Yeah, I posted it for the price. Even for non Matrix fans like myself, that's a pretty tempting deal. All the movies, extra DVD's and a little Keanu statue I could plink at with my .22.

I'm one in the minority I'm sure, that thinks that the series would have been much better if they didn't have [whoa] Keanu [/whoa] in them. The only Keanu film I like is Point Break, and that's because he is ok at portraying a pothead surfer type.

Point Break was, as far as I'm concerned, the best example of work for both Keanu and Patrick Swayze...Maybe for Anthony Kiedis as well? Nah, I'm just kidding...

Point Break was, as far as I'm concerned, the best example of work for both Keanu and Patrick Swayze...Maybe for Anthony Kiedis as well?  Nah, I'm just kidding...

344671[/snapback]

Dude, all things considered, I'd rather see Anthony Keidis follow in his father's footsteps, and go into acting, cuz that is one tone deaf, non-singing mofo. :blink:

I thought he was perfect for the role of Anderson/Neo. It's just a damn shame that the last two scripts were so full of gayness. Still, I hear that the new PS2 game "Path of Neo" is supposed to have a re-written ending for the whole series (maybe a "happily ever-after" for Neo and Trinity? I don't know)

I hear that the ending for the new Path of Neo game is like a big, warm bukake in the face of the fans.  :rolleyes:

344795[/snapback]

Which would be fitting considering the last movie.

Seriously, it couldn't have gotten any worse, so I don't see that doing a different ending could make things any more retarded than they already are.

Honestly? The only direction it could go is "up".

344806[/snapback]

Oh really? I'll ask my buddy who's playing PoN to get me a screenshot of "Smithzilla." <_<

Seriously, it couldn't have gotten any worse, so I don't see that doing a different ending could make things any more retarded than they already are.

Honestly? The only direction it could go is "up".

344806[/snapback]

Oh really? I'll ask my buddy who's playing PoN to get me a screenshot of "Smithzilla." <_<

344807[/snapback]

... I was wrong. Just the name of what you implied means they've not only hit rock-bottom, but have now begun to dig their way to China...

Still, I hear that the new PS2 game "Path of Neo" is supposed to have a re-written ending for the whole series (maybe a "happily ever-after" for Neo and Trinity? I don't know)

344725[/snapback]

More like a "The Most Rewarding Part is When They (the fans) Hand Me the Money!" ending. ;)

• 7 years later...

I can agree with the Matrix being dead to you, but B5 come on, it might not have ended on a high note, TNT's S5, but at least the story was good, better than what the Matrix devolved into

But honestly, is Agent Smith, the enforcement agent for a machine race that puts humans into comas to suck out their energy as living batteries really the best reprsentative a for medical care system!!!!?????

If I went into one of those hospitals with a GE system I'd be worried about coming out again........hahaha.

Graham

I can agree with the Matrix being dead to you, but B5 come on, it might not have ended on a high note, TNT's S5, but at least the story was good, better than what the Matrix devolved into

I agree, B5 had a good story that wasn't allowed to be told. The Matrix was ruined by it's own creators.

The Matrix was ruined by it's own creators.

I think the fans have to be added into the mix - or at least the desire to satisfy certain segments of the fandom (looking at the needlessly complicated and wordy dialogue that sounded deep but ultimately meant nothing).

Nevertheless, the second movie held promise (aside from the stupid crap about Agent upgrades). It was the third that was the let down. I mean, wouldn't it have been much cooler if it was a matrix inside of a matrix inside of a matrix, and the machines were prisoners just as much as the humans?

I think the fans have to be added into the mix - or at least the desire to satisfy certain segments of the fandom (looking at the needlessly complicated and wordy dialogue that sounded deep but ultimately meant nothing).

Nevertheless, the second movie held promise (aside from the stupid crap about Agent upgrades). It was the third that was the let down. I mean, wouldn't it have been much cooler if it was a matrix inside of a matrix inside of a matrix, and the machines were prisoners just as much as the humans?

My opinion is that people made WAY WAY too much of the first movie, it was a great action popcorn flick and it got lucky in striking a chord with audiences. The second two tried to add more meta-physical mumbo jumbo on top the VERY thin veneer the first one had - and since the series really didn't have anything profound to say the whole thing fell in upon itself. That, plus the first move really left nothing to be follow up on.

The Matrix is one of those movie(s) that gets worse the more you think about it, the logic is horrid, and the multi-level matrix idea would have made everything make much more sense then the garbage that was finally delivered to teh screen.

Well, from what I've read I'm inclined to believe the women who claims to have actually conceived of the idea for the movie, presented it to the Wachowski's and then they went ahead and ripped it off. As it appears they didn't understand her original intent the first movie largely got it. The next two were made purely by profit and ego, and it shows. The first one was fine the way it was. Just enough plot and style to be really fun and engaging. The next two were horrible lessons in masturbation.

Well, from what I've read I'm inclined to believe the women who claims to have actually conceived of the idea for the movie, presented it to the Wachowski's and then they went ahead and ripped it off.

So she was the one who ripped the concept from "Simulacron 3"?

My opinion is that people made WAY WAY too much of the first movie, it was a great action popcorn flick and it got lucky in striking a chord with audiences. The second two tried to add more meta-physical mumbo jumbo on top the VERY thin veneer the first one had - and since the series really didn't have anything profound to say the whole thing fell in upon itself. That, plus the first move really left nothing to be follow up on.

Haha. That's what I was telling my friends when we first saw it and they were telling that I was crazy and this was the Terminator or Aliens of the 90s. Bullet time wasn't that impressive either since it was just a small step above the Jump and Jive Gap commercials.

I think that the first one worked really well. Wasn't so impressed the first time I saw it in the cinema but it grew on me. The *trailer* for the second one was really good and then it all fell apart. It has been argued that "Lana" Wachowski was really distracted during the making of the second and third films, and I have heard other excuses as to what went wrong.

At the end of the day it probably would have worked better if the second and third ones hadn't been made.