SAL Shipping

Valk-1S

Hi,

I hope I didn't post in the wrong section as I wasn't sure whether this should go to where to buy or other anime or in the Toys section. Mods, please move if I posted in the wrong section. Thanks.

From your experience, how long does it normally take for you to receive an item from Japan via SAL? And also what was the longest you had to wait for.

I am waiting for a package from HLJ and it's have been about 3.5 weeks now. All the time I get my shipment in around 2 weeks and only once it took 3 weeks due to the easter holidays.

Thanks.

Edited by Valk-1S

To my country (next to yours), the longest period I had to wait is 5 weeks starting from the day of order. But my friend once got his shipment in 1 week time. So probably HLJ sent in stuffs in bulk orders, filling every spot on the container before dispatching it to various country, and that order of yours happens to be the first in line, so it takes the maximum time of shipment.

Relax, just wait for another week before filling up a claim... Is there one? :huh:

Does any know how long it takes to get to the US?  They shipped it out on Oct. 24, 2005 and still waiting.

344165[/snapback]

If you ordered from HLJ, give or take 5 weeks (SAL). EMS still takes approximately 7-10 business days. Best option but expensive.

344277[/snapback]

I ordered with SAL so 5 weeks or more not bad. Thanks for the help.

Edited by DrunkenMaster2

I have been looking through the net and SAL can be as fast as 1 week to as slow as 1-2 months. A lot will also depend on whether there are a lot of flights to your country and how full they are. As SAL being second class airmail , they are only put into a plane when there is space.

i learned the hard way, i never order anything by Sal, i would rather spend a few dollars more and get Ems. the one package i ordered a while back through HLJ that went Sal took over a Month to get to the USA which bummed me out greatly i am very impatiant waiting for my new model kits :p I prefer to order by EMS which usually takes no more then a week.

chris

i learned the hard way, i never order anything by Sal, i would rather spend a few dollars more and get Ems. the one package i ordered a while back through HLJ that went Sal took over a Month to get to the USA which bummed me out greatly i am very impatiant waiting for my new model kits :p  I prefer to order by EMS which usually takes no more then a week.

chris

344605[/snapback]

Couldn't agree with you more!!! I think the next time I order from HLJ I'll use EMS, the waiting SUCKS :( It's like waiting for 5 weeks to see if I got a Max chase figure and if I don't get one that will suck even more!!! So I better get one :p

Typical of me. When I start to wonder where my package is, it then comes in. Just got it today. So that makes it 4 weeks. Everything in tip top shape. Outer box had a small ding but didn't affect the inside.

344596[/snapback]

When it comes to us Aussies, especially from HLJ, you have to deal with first HLJ filling their shipping container, then airmail to the US. I remember hearing that HLJ's shipping container goes to Seattle, then items get shipped via surface to LA, then airmail to Sydney, then surface again to where ever you live.

Quite frankly, I refuse to order via SAL anymore because of the time frame. I once waited 5 weeks for one package, only to have the next package arrive in 5 days.

EMS from my experience is a near guaranteed 2 day wait after shipping, no longer than 3, unless you're unfortunate to have your items shipped on a Thursday.