WTF is this?

Totoro242

Okay, here are my Fugliest Macross Toy Ever candidates: Top left, vinyl Takatoku VF1J Armored Battroid; top center, Ohsato rubber VF1J Battroid; top right, Ohsato plastic "Keshigomu" VF1J Battroid; bottom left, Takatoku VF1J "variable" Battroid Silver; and a vinyl Takatoku VF1J Battroid.

fugly1.JPG

This is why the Takatoku "variable" Battroid Silver is the fugliest toy. Just so you believe me, I have included the instructions to show that this is how it looks in fighter mode :) The orange version is made of eraser quality rubber and came in the Takatoku Macross Super Robo Set. Is it any wonder Takatoku went bankrupt? :blink:

Oh, and Madarake.co.jp has two versions for $100 each! :lol:

fugly2.JPG

Hey now, as ugly as those toys are, they're still 100 times better than any Toynami MPC Veritech.

355499[/snapback]

Well now, that is the most wrong comment I've seen on these boards in a while. As a toy collector I hate to see people post such obviously warped statements without making it clear it's a joke. Here, let's do a little game of comparison:

Edit - don't mind the missiles on the MPC... i had the wings fully extended and then collapsed them back a bit for pics... my bad :(

post-2677-1135760734_thumb.jpg

post-2677-1135760755_thumb.jpg

post-2677-1135760782_thumb.jpg

post-2677-1135760818_thumb.jpg

post-2677-1135760941_thumb.jpg

Edited by jenius

Hey now, as ugly as those toys are, they're still 100 times better than any Toynami MPC Veritech.

355499[/snapback]

Well now, that is the most wrong comment I've seen on these boards in a while. As a toy collector I hate to see people post such obviously warped statements without making it clear it's a joke. Here, let's do a little game of comparison:

Edit - don't mind the missiles on the MPC... i had the wings fully extended and then collapsed them back a bit for pics... my bad :(

355519[/snapback]

wow. nice to compare the look of each type of Toy manufactured (in terms of how the legs relate to the toy, the width of the cockpits, etc...)

Yes, I have the Macross Special Vol1 & 2 also in LD

I never see the VHS version, but here in my lap, have a picture of the Macross Special Vol1. Maybe, you can tell me if the art is different.

The artwork in this LD is made by Shouji Kawamori himself.

Edit:

Here is the pic  :ph34r:

344163[/snapback]

Do you have a cleaner scan of that, it looks really cool from what I can see in the picture

Yes, I have the Macross Special Vol1 & 2 also in LD

I never see the VHS version, but here in my lap, have a picture of the Macross Special Vol1. Maybe, you can tell me if the art is different.

The artwork in this LD is made by Shouji Kawamori himself.

Edit:

Here is the pic  :ph34r:

344163[/snapback]

Do you have a cleaner scan of that, it looks really cool from what I can see in the picture

355875[/snapback]

I agree, its an awesome drawing. Looks like it was a pencil sketch for a hanken cel that was never produced. Well, at least I have never seen it produced. Some of the artists on here might want to take a stab at it and make a completed hanken version.

More fugly Valks: top left, Ohsato large rubber VF1J Battroid; top center, Ohsato small rubber VF1J Battroid; top right, Seika Note small rubber VF1J Battroid; left center, Takatoku large rubber VF1J Battroid; bottom left, Takatoku die-cast VF1S Battroid; center bottom, Takatoku small rubber VF1J Battroid; bottom right, Takatoku large vinyl VF1J.

fugly6.JPG

now thats a great picture.

hindsight is not buying toys from your childhood hat sucked when you were a kid.

foresight is avoiding toys you never had because they look sucky :lol:

I've still seen uglier things though :lol:

• 2 weeks later...
Kanata, what is this?

Robotec (no h)

359105[/snapback]

it's a korean knock-off. Not quite as nice as a joon's. check out the 1/55's revisited thread for more details. I got the one I ave for $25 and I'm not bidding that high this time as I'd be better off buying another reissue or broken jetfire :rolleyes:

• 5 weeks later...

Okay guys, the packaging is completely unfamiliar, there is no mention of MOSPEADA anywhere on the packaging, the art shows pilots that are clearly not Stig, Rey, Belmont, or Houquet, so ....

WTF IS THIS???

1/35 Gakken Legioss-type-thing

EDIT - it has some pilot's name on the box. Was there some other cartoon made that featured the Legioss? I'm totally intrigued.

Edited by jenius

areaseven: Agreed. People, its a dead horse, stop beating it.

jenius: Its actually official. Check out the Gakken logo on the lower right of the box. It was released in Singapore, but the logo and the odd pilots are definately not Mospeada. I'm guessing that like Henshin Robo, these were just repackaged Gakken toys for distribution is a secondary market.

I really dig that Legioss Soldier image on the front :)

Edited by Totoro242

jenius: Its actually official. Check out the Gakken logo on the lower right of the box. It was released in Singapore, but the logo and the odd pilots are definately not Mospeada. I'm guessing that like Henshin Robo, these were just repackaged Gakken toys for distribution is a secondary market.

I really dig that Legioss Soldier image on the front

Yeah, I love that box! No windows so the toy would never yellow and the artwork is pretty darned cool! I would love to see the blue and red versions also. There's probably an interesting story how these came about also. Why would a company take a MOSPEADA product and repackage it under an artificial show's name? Did Gakken keep making the Legioss after it lost the rights to MOSPEADA?

areaseven: Agreed.  People, its a dead horse, stop beating it.

369685[/snapback]

It's understandable that you posted this thread so someone can help identify a Macross-related product, but others bringing up something ridiculous like that stupid doll and repeating it all over the thread is absolutely disrespectful to the thread starter and everyone else contributing to the subject. Not to mention that quoting the same image X number of times is just plain stupid, as we only need to see it once.

BTW, it may not be Macross-related, but that Legioss toy is sweet.

Edited by areaseven

Goddammit, how many times do we have to see that Rick Hunter doll? I mean, it just practically killed this thread the first time it was posted.

There oughta be a law on quoting images here on the Forums.

369662[/snapback]

I don't know what I like more, seeing that doll over and over, or seeing A7 get irate about it. HAHAHA.

I agree with A7, btw. its just funny.