WTF is this?

Totoro242

Hey A7, I didn't see the announcement that they made you a mod. Congratulations!  :)

343812[/snapback]

LOL. Yeah, if only that were true. :p

And JB0, lose the pic(s) when you reply to other quotes.

343862[/snapback]

The pic was directly relevant to my quote both times. Removing it would harm my posts.

And it's not costing anyone any bandwidth because it's already being downloaded and cached for the intial post.

While I can the point with quotes of quotes of quotes, I see no reason for a single level to bother anyone.

You know, unless it's ManFaye, or one of those worse things.

Ever come across Macross stuff online or in anime magazines that you have never seen before?  I sure do, usually ona weekly basis. 

Since this is Macross World and home to all the Macross collecting experts, I thought I'd start a thread for all those mysterious items that need identifying. 

I'll kick it off with this mysterious Laser Disc.  I know its not a 15th Anniversary TV series LD and I can't read Japanese, can someone identify it for me?

342634[/snapback]

Ok, this LD is a type of "macross Special"

This Disc contain 2 episodes en CAV, The episodes are "pinneaple salad" and "Aiwa nagareru"

This disc is really rare because is the only version of pinneaple Salad in CAV, for instance in the 15 aniv box set, this episode is in CLV, in other words... cannot paused the video an see it frame by frame. But in this disc.. you can :rolleyes:

I dont remember the title of this disc but tonight in my house, Im cheking and upload some images tomorrow :)

And... about the price... I dont know but IMHO... this disc maybe cost... 20 USD.. but 50???? :blink:

Ever come across Macross stuff online or in anime magazines that you have never seen before?  I sure do, usually ona weekly basis. 

Since this is Macross World and home to all the Macross collecting experts, I thought I'd start a thread for all those mysterious items that need identifying. 

I'll kick it off with this mysterious Laser Disc.  I know its not a 15th Anniversary TV series LD and I can't read Japanese, can someone identify it for me?

342634[/snapback]

Ok, this LD is a type of "macross Special"

This Disc contain 2 episodes en CAV, The episodes are "pinneaple salad" and "Aiwa nagareru"

This disc is really rare because is the only version of pinneaple Salad in CAV, for instance in the 15 aniv box set, this episode is in CLV, in other words... cannot paused the video an see it frame by frame. But in this disc.. you can :rolleyes:

I dont remember the title of this disc but tonight in my house, Im cheking and upload some images tomorrow :)

And... about the price... I dont know but IMHO... this disc maybe cost... 20 USD.. but 50???? :blink:

344024[/snapback]

Shaloom, awesome job! I went to the Macross Compendium and they don't even list it there, only Macross Special and Lynn Minmei Special. I have both of those on VHS, so it will be cool to get the third one :)

Shaloom, awesome job!  I went to the Macross Compendium and they don't even list it there, only Macross Special and Lynn Minmei Special.  I have both of those on VHS, so it will be cool to get the third one :)

344027[/snapback]

Thanks Totoro242 :p

Now, here the images, but here are some weird facts. :blink:

I find This LD in Compedium, but only the Catalog Number (BEAL-37) . Here Egan Loo list "Macross Minmay Special", NOT this disc!!! :blink:

I dont know why, maybe is a confussion, maybe is a mistake, maybe the info of Bandai Visual is weird. But, my LD is original, and is a mistery why Egan Loo in the compedium not list this LD (first) and the serial number of this disc, is for other title (second and maybe we arrive in the twilight zone :unsure: ) See the photos.

Im very sorry for the quality, but, I dont have a Digital Camera, this photos i take with my cel. If everybody is interested, the next monday in my office I scan this Ld for a much better resolution. B))

post-500-1131721184_thumb.jpg

post-500-1131721206_thumb.jpg

post-500-1131721219_thumb.jpg

post-500-1131721228_thumb.jpg

post-500-1131721238_thumb.jpg

post-500-1131721281_thumb.jpg

post-500-1131721291_thumb.jpg

post-500-1131721302_thumb.jpg

post-500-1131721311_thumb.jpg

Shaloom, awesome job!  I went to the Macross Compendium and they don't even list it there, only Macross Special and Lynn Minmei Special.  I have both of those on VHS, so it will be cool to get the third one :)

344027[/snapback]

Thanks Totoro242 :p

Now, here the images, but here are some weird facts. :blink:

I find This LD in Compedium, but only the Catalog Number (BEAL-37) . Here Egan Loo list "Macross Minmay Special", NOT this disc!!! :blink:

I dont know why, maybe is a confussion, maybe is a mistake, maybe the info of Bandai Visual is weird. But, my LD is original, and is a mistery why Egan Loo in the compedium not list this LD (first) and the serial number of this disc, is for other title (second and maybe we arrive in the twilight zone :unsure: ) See the photos.

Im very sorry for the quality, but, I dont have a Digital Camera, this photos i take with my cel. If everybody is interested, the next monday in my office I scan this Ld for a much better resolution. B))

344118[/snapback]

These pictures are definately sufficient :) Do you have the first two on LD? Is the art different from the VHS releease?

Yes, I have the Macross Special Vol1 & 2 also in LD

I never see the VHS version, but here in my lap, have a picture of the Macross Special Vol1. Maybe, you can tell me if the art is different.

The artwork in this LD is made by Shouji Kawamori himself.

Edit:

Here is the pic :ph34r:

post-500-1131733783_thumb.jpg

Edited by Shaloom

Yes, I have the Macross Special Vol1 & 2 also in LD

I never see the VHS version, but here in my lap, have a picture of the Macross Special Vol1. Maybe, you can tell me if the art is different.

The artwork in this LD is made by Shouji Kawamori himself.

Edit:

Here is the pic  :ph34r:

344163[/snapback]

Wow, it is totally different, here are the VHS versions of 1 & 2:

post-1005-1131735724_thumb.jpg

Actually Totoro, the art of volumes I & II from the VHS edition, it's featured on the LD edition as well. Only difference, is that the cover for volume II (VHS) it's featured on the back on the LD vol I, and the cover for the volume I (VHS) it's features in an insert on LD volume I.

Actually Totoro, the art of volumes I & II from the VHS edition, it's featured on the LD edition as well. Only difference, is that the cover for volume II (VHS) it's featured on the back on the LD vol I, and the cover for the volume I (VHS) it's features in an insert on LD volume I.

344467[/snapback]

Sweet, looks like I'll have to track down the LD versions now :)

Thanks for the info, both of you!

Edited by Totoro242

Here is a new one :) 

Anyone know what this is?

345439[/snapback]

Looks like some sort of TV series guide published by Shogakukan.

345474[/snapback]

It appears to be Shogakukan's TV Masterpiece series (I'm assuming Shogakukan never had two book series with "TV Masterpiece" in their names :) ): http://macross.anime.net/production/print/first/index.html (fourth one listed)

Here is a new one :) 

Anyone know what this is?

345439[/snapback]

Looks like some sort of TV series guide published by Shogakukan.

345474[/snapback]

It appears to be Shogakukan's TV Masterpiece series (I'm assuming Shogakukan never had two book series with "TV Masterpiece" in their names :) ): http://macross.anime.net/production/print/first/index.html (fourth one listed)

345595[/snapback]

The fourth listing are the the film comics and I have all those :) I would guess that the name indicates the last one on the list:

The Super Dimension Fortress Macross

’´Žž‹ó—vÂǃ}Æ’NÆ’ÂÆ’X

Children's Book Series

Two volumes

64509-56

ISBN4-090110256-5

Shougakukan's TV Masterpiece

¬ŠwŠÙ‚̃eÆ’Å’Æ’r–¼Âì

Tokyo: Shougakukan

1983 January 20

Y300 (each)

here's something I've never seen before... and hope to never see again

http://cgi.ebay.com/VINTAGE-MACROSS-VALKYR...1QQcmdZViewItem

346589[/snapback]

Yeah somebody posts one of those every couple of years. Horrible little thing. I love how the hands can hold pencils :)

I would love to get my hands on the original Takatoku Henkei Type Valkyie toys though. I have never even seen one on eBay still in the box.

346589[/snapback]

Yeah somebody posts one of those every couple of years. Horrible little thing. I love how the hands can hold pencils :)

I would love to get my hands on the original Takatoku Henkei Type Valkyie toys though. I have never even seen one on eBay still in the box.

346619[/snapback]

whats a henkei? I've seen the ugly vinyl toys. are they henkei?

346589[/snapback]

346619[/snapback]

whats a henkei? I've seen the ugly vinyl toys. are they henkei?

346657[/snapback]

Courtesy of Toybox DX

Totoro, there was one of those in the box on eBay about two months back with a BIN of $99 that got relisted with a  BIN of $79.  I don't know if it actually ever got bought though.  It was the Focker type.

346671[/snapback]

I've been checking eBay pretty thoroughly. There are some knockoffs that look very close, but those don't come with sticker sheets and the quality is less. Let me know if you can find the auction and I'll take a look at it.

Sadly I think I can only check like 5 days worth of ended listings. I'm pretty certain though that it was the legitimate Focker type henkei. Obviously if I still remember the BINs I stared at the product quite a bit. I believe it was listed as "Takatoku Focker VF-1S"

Sadly I think I can only check like 5 days worth of ended listings.  I'm pretty certain though that it was the legitimate Focker type henkei.  Obviously if I still remember the BINs I stared at the product quite a bit.  I believe it was listed as "Takatoku Focker VF-1S"

346681[/snapback]

You werent thinking of this were you?

eBay Convertor

LOL, oh God no. It was listed as a takatoku item and, if memory serves at all, the box is just like the one pictured on Toybox DX. It definitely came in a box, not on a card. It was individually packaged and had the proper Focker paint scheme (or very close to it).

Edited by jenius

Okay, heres another one :)

WTF is this?

346470[/snapback]

Here is another picture and some text of this Macross metal relief engraving. Can anyone translate?

346833[/snapback]

The Japanese STATE that:

MinMei Relief

The is a Metal relief of the Main Character Minmei for the Memorial of MACROSS'S MOVIE debut, and this is made by famous creator(haven't state WHO is it)

This relief is in silver and come with acrylic broad base, can be stand on the table or hanging on the wall . the size is 160mm X 135 mm.

price is 3500 YEN(postage fee 450YEN )

Special limited product pra pra pra...(in the left side photo)

Acrylic base have clear and Wine smoke color board 2 kind for choose.

(some of the text I don't understand and haven't translate,but almost the full information of the product)

Okay, heres another one :)

WTF is this?

346470[/snapback]

Here is another picture and some text of this Macross metal relief engraving. Can anyone translate?

346833[/snapback]

The Japanese STATE that:

MinMei Relief

The is a Metal relief of the Main Character Minmei for the Memorial of MACROSS'S MOVIE debut, and this is made by famous creator(haven't state WHO is it)

This relief is in silver and come with acrylic broad base, can be stand on the table or hanging on the wall . the size is 160mm X 135 mm.

price is 3500 YEN(postage fee 450YEN )

Special limited product pra pra pra...(in the left side photo)

Acrylic base have clear and Wine smoke color board 2 kind for choose.

(some of the text I don't understand and haven't translate,but almost the full information of the product)

348627[/snapback]

Awesome Hayao! I'm guessing the creator in reference is Mikimoto. When I get home I'll scour the Macross Compendium for this item, maybe its hiding there :) Does it say how limited the item is? I found another article on it in an issue of The Anime last night, maybe I'll post that :) Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...
Its only about 6 inches tall and only the arms move. 

There are only 2 fuglier toys.  The small Taka vinyl Battroids and the gold and silver Taka metallic "variable" Valkyries :)

354900[/snapback]

I always thought that takatoku vinyl glaug was as ugly as it could get :blink:

Its only about 6 inches tall and only the arms move. 

There are only 2 fuglier toys.  The small Taka vinyl Battroids and the gold and silver Taka metallic "variable" Valkyries :)

354900[/snapback]

I always thought that takatoku vinyl glaug was as ugly as it could get :blink:

355298[/snapback]

Oh! forgot about that one, yes its super fugly, but you havent seen the Takatoku gold metallic variable Valkyrie in fighter mode I'll bet :)

I'll get some scans (my digi cam is broken) tonight and scans of its retarded rubber half brother thats kept hidden in the basement from the Super Robo Case :)