WTF is this?

Totoro242

ok so then whats this one?

post-3216-1147655674_thumb.jpg

Dont know if its a bootleg Mospeada DVD, but I agree box art is good.

Edited by Macross73

Dont know if its a bootleg Mospeada DVD,  but I agree box art is good.

399494[/snapback]

Thats the Toynami Alpha Super Posable :)

Yes, those are Hong Kong bootelgs of Mospeada. That box art started showing up a couple of years ago so I'm pretty sure its the ADV sub.

Edited by Totoro242

399494[/snapback]

Yes, those are Hong Kong bootelgs of Mospeada. That box art started showing up a couple of years ago so I'm pretty sure its the ADV sub.

399495[/snapback]

didn't realize he had two of them there. thought it was a different one, my mistake.

didn't realize he had two of them there. thought it was a different one, my mistake.

Actually, one's an MPC and the other is a Superposeable. Here's a clearer pic of what each one is like:

135redsoldier26fp.jpg 1/35 Gakken

diecastredbattloid22br.jpg 1/55 Diecast Double Changer

172redbattloid22vm.jpg 1/72 Gakken

tripredbattloid21cg.jpg Gakken 1/55 Trip Changer

redmpcbattloid26st.jpg Toynami MPC

spredmetallic26zz.jpg Toynami Superposeable Metallic

spred25wl.jpg Toynami Superposeable Plain

gakkensmalldivers7gd.jpg Comparo shot of the smaller Gakkens in Armo-Diver

Edited by jenius

GAH! Now that you've tagged them, I recognize the one on the left!

I had the blue one when I was little.

I HATED IT! THE DAMNED ARMS ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS POPPED OUT OF THEIR CHANNELS WHEN I TRANSFORMED IT! IT SUCKED!

This rant brought to you by my childhood.

I HATED IT! THE DAMNED ARMS ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS POPPED OUT OF THEIR CHANNELS WHEN I TRANSFORMED IT! IT SUCKED!

399549[/snapback]

I had the blue one as well. But, I didn't hate it. I thought it was really cool. Especially when I would buy them for $5 each, as well as the Takatoku 1/100. Damn, that sure sure brings back good memories. B))

399549[/snapback]

I agree, they are the crappiest of the crappiest of toys.

The most retarded part is the landing gear which is removable. It fits into a peg just in front of the head, but on the red and green Legioss the antenae protrudes in front of the peg in fighter mode making it impossible to attach the landing gear.

That plus the removable wings and back plate, arm fins that dont retract, no shoulder sensor, and a horribly inaccurate canopy guarentees that this toy looks horrible in all modes :)

The most retarded part is the landing gear which is removable. It fits into a peg just in front of the head, but on the red and green Legioss the antenae protrudes in front of the peg in fighter mode making it impossible to attach the landing gear

I love that landing gear! That was one of the most hilariously bad pieces of engineering I have seen in a toy. The only 1/55 Gakken trip changer that can sit on its gears is the blue one. People wonder why so many of the green and red ones have their head fins missing...

Still, I think it's better than the 1/72 Gakken. At least the 1/55 can move one arm independant of the other, same with the legs.

I love that landing gear!  That was one of the most hilariously bad pieces of engineering I have seen in a toy.  The only 1/55 Gakken trip changer that can sit on its gears is the blue one.  People wonder why so many of the green and red ones have their head fins missing...

Still, I think it's better than the 1/72 Gakken.  At least the 1/55 can move one arm independant of the other, same with the legs.

399658[/snapback]

:lol::lol::lol:

I'll second that post in its entirety. The Gakken 1/55 IS hilariously bad, but at least not hideously bad like the 1/72. The little wing-tabs were stupidly weak, the add-on backplate thing was pure idiocy, the shoulder joints were prone to the little staked pins going missing, the arms didn't line up in fighter mode, the canards and arm fins didn't move, and, ohhh, that sculpt.

I still have a warm spot in my heart for them, even though I know that they're bad. It's kind of like that horrible mangy stray that you 'adopted' as a child. Perhaps it's because they were all I could afford to buy myself as a kid, so that I HAD to love them... Or that my friend had a 2-mode Alpha, and mine could at least do all three modes (kinda sorta)... Or, it might be, as JBZERO has pointed out in the past, that I'm just a masochist.

I still have a little bit of a closet affair going on with the little transformable cyclones too. God, I'm sick ;)

*edit - misspelled 'idiocy' :unsure:

Edited by Hiriyu

I still have a little bit of a closet affair going on with the little transformable cyclones too. God, I'm sick

Oh my... that's just wrong. I own a few of them and have to this day never even bothered transforming them... I can only imagine how ugly the end result would be.

Man I remember those little ride armors, I was desperate for a toy since the large ride armor was out of the budget. I was pretty pissed when I transformed it cause it looked like crap, but played with it anyway since I bought it. My recommendation is to never transform it.....it isn't worth it.

• 2 months later...

399494[/snapback]

399495[/snapback]

It isn't the adv set. I belive they used the r2;s as masters. It also has the ova which is not included in that set.

something slightly scarier than that Rick Hunter doll...

FYI, no bids on the ebay ad for these gems...

417310[/snapback]

I cant imagine why nobody is bidding on these. :p

What IS creepy is a hord of 4-yr olds wearing these showing up at your doorstep.

417728[/snapback]

now that would creep me out.. i'd grab my Rap4 .43 cal Pball gun and go hunting

(think M4A1 assault rifle realistic mock magazine fed, NO HOPPER CRAP, speedballs for cowards)

granted i'd prob get in trouble, but thats if they find me :ph34r:

• 5 years later...