WTF is this?

Totoro242

How about this one that I saw in HLJ looks like an origanal Jet Fire instead of the VF-1S Hasbro had licensed from Ban Dai.

R Blade

369855[/snapback]

Actually it looks like a Skyfire.

Jetfire was the name of the toy, but Skyfire was used in the cartoons and stuff..

370063[/snapback]

I just get a "this pic was stolen" link

what size is that? Is it 8.5 x 11 inches, cause it looks like it was taken out of a comic book. it may have been a fold out, but i couldn't say from where.

370955[/snapback]

Its blank on the back and off the top of my head the dimensions are about 14 x 20. Not from anything, definately a poster :)

Okay, I posted this on ToyboxDX also and got a translation :)

"Macross: Showing on 25 TBS/MBS Stations Across the Country Every Sunday Starting at 2 PM!" "Produced by Mainichi Broadcasting and Tatsunoko Productions. Designed by Big West and Studio Nue."

The list at right is of television stations.

Thanks to Matt Alt :)

Okay, I posted this on ToyboxDX also and got a translation :)

"Macross: Showing on 25 TBS/MBS Stations Across the Country Every Sunday Starting at 2 PM!" "Produced by Mainichi Broadcasting and Tatsunoko Productions. Designed by Big West and Studio Nue."

The list at right is of television stations.

Thanks to Matt Alt :)

371054[/snapback]

*does that cartoon thing where the eyes bug out repeatedly*

Niiiiiice.

Me wantie!

• 4 weeks later...

I'd like to ask everyones help on something, if you can.

I swear I have seen the above poster before in pictures from an article on Macross toys and models.

I cannot for the life of me find where. I went through all of my books and magazines and can't find the pictures.

The images were black and white, showed IMAI or Takatoku employess setting up displays of toys or models, and would have been from 1982 or 1983. PArt of the display were these posters or this image on another poster.

Does this possibly sound familar to anyone?

Any help would be appreciated :)

Thanks!

More fugly Valkyries.

Top left, Takatoku Henkei Type variable Valkyrie VF1J Hikaru; top right, all die-cast Armored VF1J Battroid, manufacturer unknown; bottom left, VF1J Hikaru variable Paro Valkyrie; and Takatoku 1/100 scale VF1J Hikaru variable Valkyrie.

fugly8.JPG

• 5 weeks later...
quote=Totoro242,Mar 16 2006, 03:33 PM]

I'd like to ask everyones help on something, if you can.

I swear I have seen the above poster before in pictures from an article on Macross toys and models.

I cannot for the life of me find where.  I went through all of my books and magazines and can't find the pictures.

The images were black and white, showed IMAI or Takatoku employess setting up displays of toys or models, and would have been from 1982 or 1983.  PArt of the display were these posters or this image on another poster.

Does this possibly sound familar to anyone?

Any help would be appreciated :)

Thanks!

381063[/snapback]

Okay, it took me a while to find it, here it is in the Magazine or Anime And Hobby Fans #2 Macross.

postershow.JPG

Edited by Totoro242

• 2 weeks later...
OK 

I just won two of these for alot less that than this one is going for

Thanks

398352[/snapback]

Well, I am not a fan of that. Partial transformation is stupid IMO. Then again it is a good way to suck ppl into it. The smaller Gakkens and larger Gakkens do full transformation. I just disavow (sp?) its existence.

I think you have it a bit wrong Godzilla, the smaller and larger Gakkens do full transformations but they give up a lot of what the vehicle actually looks like in the show to accomplish it. The diecast toys, on the other hand, give up fighter mode to look a whole lot better in the two modes they do achieve. Unfortunately they're practically statues since they lack articulation. As far as toys go, they're not so hot, but they're cool little metal statues.

I think you have it a bit wrong Godzilla, the smaller and larger Gakkens do full transformations but they give up a lot of what the vehicle actually looks like in the show to accomplish it.  The diecast toys, on the other hand, give up fighter mode to look a whole lot better in the two modes they do achieve.  Unfortunately they're practically statues since they lack articulation.  As far as toys go, they're not so hot, but they're cool little metal statues.

398368[/snapback]

I agree. The sculpt is my favorite of all the Alpha/Legioss toys ever released.

While not well articulated, the proportions are almost dead on to the line art in both its modes. Maybe including a fighter mode would have ruined the asthetics.

I think they are worth picking up just for that :)

and they are 1/55 scale so they look good displayed with your other 1/55's.

The Alpha/Legioss toys all have differed in what they thought was proper scale. Here's a pic, obvioulsy the 1/35 is the big boy, all the other guys are supposedly 1/55 scale.

post-2677-1147548519_thumb.jpg

Aha! I forgot that one had the city, and I was thrown off by the way the carriers are (un)mounted. Looks pretty nice that way.

Hey, Noyhauser, thanks for the welcome! I've bene off in RPG-land, but I was drawn back by the pheremones released by the 1/60 VF-0S.