WTF is this?

Totoro242

Ever come across Macross stuff online or in anime magazines that you have never seen before? I sure do, usually ona weekly basis.

Since this is Macross World and home to all the Macross collecting experts, I thought I'd start a thread for all those mysterious items that need identifying.

I'll kick it off with this mysterious Laser Disc. I know its not a 15th Anniversary TV series LD and I can't read Japanese, can someone identify it for me?

post-1005-1131252578.jpg

Totoro that's a crapass tiny picture.  Need a bigger picture to read anything on there.  Or maybe I'm just old and hard sighted... :p

342700[/snapback]

Yeah... this is a scan from an eBay auction, so thats as good as it gets. I was hoping someone would recognise it.

Model huh?  Looks like if you were gonna get any of the playsets that was the one to get.

343318[/snapback]

It's also overpriced. Those little ARII 1/170 kits are really crappy, the figures are out of scale, and I think I've seen the base used for other anime/sci-fi model series. I couldn't see it seriously going for more than $80 and thats only for completists.

Model huh?  Looks like if you were gonna get any of the playsets that was the one to get.

343318[/snapback]

It's also overpriced. Those little ARII 1/170 kits are really crappy, the figures are out of scale, and I think I've seen the base used for other anime/sci-fi model series. I couldn't see it seriously going for more than $80 and thats only for completists.

343348[/snapback]

It's been on sale for a hundred pounds in Comet Miniatures in the UK for many, many years. I really doubt they have sold that thing buy now. When I go back for Christmas I bet it'll still be there.

system fortress 'tis crap... utter crap...

I'm a completist and even I don't want it... even for a dollar... it's not worth the shipping.

If you have money to burn it might be fun to get and shoot... but you can probably get a "shootin" car cheaper and they are more fun :rolleyes:

Edited by kanata67

I think the fact the Minmay Macross Barbie goes for over $150 gives us an answer to that one.

"BUT Hey, the Minmay Macross Barbie is way better!"

I'm not here to judge... but perhaps the best way to maintain dignity is not to squabble over dolls... even Lord Helmet knew to keep that passion secret.

robotech-rickhunter.JPG

I never thought they would have made this.

342687[/snapback]

MY EYES!

342713[/snapback]

Back in the eighties every toy shop in England had one of those.

342734[/snapback]

IS the David Hasselhoff hairdue all over again. we are all going to die..!!!

kittenquote01.jpg

If that Rick Hunter doll is horrible, then why the hell are you all repeating the goddamn image?

343809[/snapback]

Because I hate cats.

Also... if you hate image quotes so much, don't use images as a major part of your post. Nice try, though.

Edited by JB0

Okay, here's another one.  What excatly is this book?  Never seen it before.

343726[/snapback]

That's the DYRL preview book: http://macross.anime.net/production/print/...love/index.html (first one listed)

343767[/snapback]

DYRL Preview Book

Here is a picture of the DYRL Preview Book and they are quite different. Its possible that the picture I posted is of an early working cover which was later changed to the one we now know...

Can anyone translate the text?

Okay, here's another one.  What excatly is this book?  Never seen it before.

343726[/snapback]

That's the DYRL preview book: http://macross.anime.net/production/print/...love/index.html (first one listed)

343767[/snapback]

DYRL Preview Book

Here is a picture of the DYRL Preview Book and they are quite different. Its possible that the picture I posted is of an early working cover which was later changed to the one we now know...

Can anyone translate the text?

343849[/snapback]

Both the obi and the cover of the book say "Superdimensional Fortress Macross Theatrical Edition Do You Remember Love? Special Preview". I'm not near my kanji dictionary, so I'm not sure what it says on the right-hand side of the obi, except that it has something to do with releases. The top of the obi says "Before you go to the theater, know okitai only this, read okitai only this", but I don't know what "okitai" means in this context.

Edit: Doh! The book cover doesn't actually include "Superdimensional" in its title.

I've checked my dictionaries at home, and the top says "Before you go to the theater, this is all you need to know, all you need to read." I'm still having problems translating the kanji on the side. The bottom row says "on sale now", but the top row, "kouhyou", means "popularity" or "favorable reputation", so the complete setence sounds wierd if you translate it literally :huh:

Edited by ly000001