Worst actors of ALL TIME

Agent ONE

Worst new actor is Orlando Bloom... good as the stoic elf, but his acting is just wooden in everything else.

342217[/snapback]

Orlando Bloom stunk @$$ as Legolas....as did every other cast member playing one of the Quendi. I wanted to vomit everytime either Liv Tyler opened her fugly puss or 'Androgyno Boy' Bloom did some stupid Drizzt Do'Urden move.

Tolkien once remarked how furious he was at, IIRC, the Hildebrandt Brothers for depicting Legolas as some prissy pole-smoker. Legolas was supposed to be the epitome of Quendi masculinity, not some waifish androgynous turd.

So yes, Bloom gets my vote as worst new actor.

I nominate david hasselhoff. I rented ZULU - thinking it was the original miniseries in the 80's or 90's. It had david hasselhoff as a british captain of a smuggler slave vessel. He was absolutely horrible - no attempt to act british, no british accent. he even looked like he was gonna run down the beach with red shorts.

how he survived through the years is amazzing. good agent that guy has... good agent.

Interesting, you are saying that I can like others at the same time as Arnold!?

Exactly. Just because no one is as awesome doesn't mean that there can't be other slightly-less-awesome-but-still-pretty-good actors out there. Kinda like movies, right? Fight Club, for example, was an awesome movie, despite not having Arnold in it, and despite the fact that it wasn't as awesome as Conan the Barbarian.

Interesting, you are saying that I can like others at the same time as Arnold!?

Exactly. Just because no one is as awesome doesn't mean that there can't be other slightly-less-awesome-but-still-pretty-good actors out there. Kinda like movies, right? Fight Club, for example, was an awesome movie, despite not having Arnold in it, and despite the fact that it wasn't as awesome as Conan the Barbarian.

342691[/snapback]

This is true. I have many things to ponder...

Part of the reason I didn't start a BEST actor thread, is MWers seem to be fanboys who thrive on hating things, there isn't much praise around here. I mean if Hruin can't tell you how something sucks, he will probably fall face down on his keyboard and die.

phoenix01, I can't believe that Tori Spelling and Alicia Silverstone aren't in your list of worst actresses. Those two should be tied for first place!

342242[/snapback]

Gee thanks. I had been able to completely forget about them and then you just had to remind me of their miserable existance as actresses. j/k :p

Perhaps I need a top ten worst supporting actress list? Or a top one hundred.

Edited by phoenix01

I think it's funny that this thread is called "OF ALL TIME" and most of you are only naming movies and actors from the last 5 years.

342932[/snapback]

Because going into anything more specific than that would be time consuming and would hurt my health just thinking about the sheer amount of bad actors there are out there. There was that stupid cheeky blonde from "The Outlaw Josey Wales" who made Clint's life a living hell. I don't recall her name but prefer not to think about it. Alyssa Milano is another I'd rather not think about but I focus on the ones getting "credit' but don't deserve any.

I nominate david hasselhoff.

how he survived through the years is amazzing. good agent that guy has... good agent.

342614[/snapback]

Don't thank his agent. Thank Germany. He was absolutely hilarious as himself in Dodgeball though.

I guess I'm turning into some sort of apologist for bad actors, being able to find at least one redeeming moment for each one. Except Segal. I got nothing for Segal... oh wait, yes I do. The moment he falls and dies in Executive Decision. Stunning performance. It made the movie, primarily by removing him from it.

I mean if Hruin can't tell you how something sucks, he will probably fall face down on his keyboard and die.

342712[/snapback]

Well, I can tell you that your spelling, once again, sucks. But really, other than Star Wars, I don't really know where this originates. I've even stuck up for Yamato against the haters when people get pissy about their QC. I've even stuck up for dubbing SDF Macross when I don't even prefer dubs. In this very thread, I didn't even list worst actors, but instead praised a few. :rolleyes:

Given that my antipathy towards Star Wars (except ANH and ESB) is dwarfed by your profanity-and-personal attack-laden abhorrence for M7, I find your constant attempts to portray me as some type of "hater" amusing.

I LOVE YOU DAD!

H

I mean if Hruin can't tell you how something sucks, he will probably fall face down on his keyboard and die.

342712[/snapback]

Well, I can tell you that your spelling, once again, sucks. But really, other than Star Wars, I don't really know where this originates. I've even stuck up for Yamato against the haters when people get pissy about their QC. I've even stuck up for dubbing SDF Macross when I don't even prefer dubs. In this very thread, I didn't even list worst actors, but instead praised a few. :rolleyes:

Given that my antipathy towards Star Wars (except ANH and ESB) is dwarfed by your profanity-and-personal attack-laden abhorrence for M7, I find your constant attempts to portray me as some type of "hater" amusing.

I LOVE YOU DAD!

H

342959[/snapback]

Oooooh! Big muscly burn!!!

That pilot chick from Starship Troopers.. Carmen whatever..bleh.  Charlie Sheen, Tori Spelling. Also any of the so called actors that have a past with the WWF

342955[/snapback]

That was Denise Richards...and you must not have seen Wild Things...who cares about acting when it comes to her :blink:

Tori Spelling acts?? When? Where?

Gotta disagree with you on Charlie Sheen, he kicked ass in Platoon. I'd have to put my vote on worst actor on Jackie Chan...great martial artist, but so was Bruce Lee...

I simply cannot see how anyone could argue most of their "worst actor" nominations. Jacky Chan? William Shatner? I'm not going to say they're the best actors around or anything, but look at it this way, ever seen the movie Incubus? Shatner was by far the best actor in that movie.

I don't know about the rest of you, but when confronted with truly terrible acting, I tend to either wretch or actively mock it, or both, while watching it, and then forget about it later as it's not really worth remembering.

Really, probably one of the most truthful critisisms you can make of most famous actors is that they tend to only play a single "character" across every role they get picked up for. Jacky Chan is almost always Jacky Chan. Jack Nicholson always plays Jack. Jeff Goldblum always plays Jeff Goldblum. Etcetera, etcetera. You may like the character they play, or you may not, but by and large most famous actors can at least do that well enough to put them head and shoulders among the majority of actors out there who can't put on a believable performance for a beer commercial.

Really, probably one of the most truthful critisisms you can make of most famous actors is that they tend to only play a single "character" across every role they get picked up for. Jacky Chan is almost always Jacky Chan. Jack Nicholson always plays Jack. Jeff Goldblum always plays Jeff Goldblum. Etcetera, etcetera. You may like the character they play, or you may not, but by and large most famous actors can at least do that well enough to put them head and shoulders among the majority of actors out there who can't put on a believable performance for a beer commercial.

343015[/snapback]

That's because they don't even try to act anymore which is what bothers me the most. People who can act and have great potential to be great in roles but just play a version fo themselves on screen. Colin Farrell is a perfect example of an actor who could be a great actor as he started out but simply stop performing the moment his head got big due to unwarranted popularity. I've already said my piece tho.

That pilot chick from Starship Troopers.. Carmen whatever..bleh.  Charlie Sheen, Tori Spelling. Also any of the so called actors that have a past with the WWF

342955[/snapback]

That was Denise Richards...and you must not have seen Wild Things...who cares about acting when it comes to her :blink:

I do. DAMNIT! I shouldn't have to put up with that kind of crap just because she's cute and don't go using Kevin Bacon's bacon as some kind of lame counter argument.

Edited by Jemstone

343015[/snapback]

That's because they don't even try to act anymore which is what bothers me the most. People who can act and have great potential to be great in roles but just play a version fo themselves on screen. Colin Farrell is a perfect example of an actor who could be a great actor as he started out but simply stop performing the moment his head got big due to unwarranted popularity. I've already said my piece tho.

343103[/snapback]

Yup, another perfect example is Samuel Jackson... who was one of the best ever character actors on screen before Pulp Fiction. His performance in Jade, Jurassic Park, Menace to Society, Patriot Games and True Romance were awesome (yeah a couple of those movies suck, but his acting there were still great)... and as soon as he was recognized for his over the top acting in Pulp Fiction, he just pretty much stuck with it. His only saving grace is that he has enough charisma to pull this off in some movies. But he lost his subtelty after that. He still does well in some movies but he's not as brilliant as before.

You want bad acting? How about the cast of every Roger Corman movie ever made? If that's not far enough back for you, how about the William Shatner led Kingdom of the Spiders?

As for worst actor, I nominate Barbara Hershey for her disturbing role as a single mother raped by a demon in that awful movie called The Entity.

Okay, here's an update. I nominate the entire cast of the unwatchable film I Spit on Your Grave. Despite being a gratuitously nasty movie with loads of unnecessary nudity and brutality, the story sucks as well as the knuckleheaded actors hired to portray the lame characters. The reason I bring this movie up is because I was forced to endure this shitfest while visiting my brother. He actually owns the DVD.

Edited by Noriko Takaya

As for worst actor, I nominate Barbara Hershey for her disturbing role as a single mother raped by a demon in that awful movie called The Entity.

Okay, here's an update. I nominate the entire cast of the unwatchable film I Spit on Your Grave. Despite being a gratuitously nasty movie with loads of unnecessary nudity and brutality, the story sucks as well as the knuckleheaded actors hired to portray the lame characters. The reason I bring this movie up is because I was forced to endure this shitfest while visiting my brother. He actually owns the DVD.

343119[/snapback]

Hey lemme see you do the things she did with her boobs on that movie... if that's not acting...

actually I don't want you do anything with your boobs, forget I ever brought that up. :ph34r:

Hey lemme see you do the things she did with her boobs on that movie... if that's not acting...

actually I don't want you do anything with your boobs, forget I ever brought that up. :ph34r:

343125[/snapback]

Just to let you know, they were stunt boobies. While Hershey has done nudity, the casts of her breasts used in the film were animatronic. And if you would like more disturbing news, Hollywood is remaking this movie and using Ringu director Hideo Nakata as the go between.

343125[/snapback]

Just to let you know, they were stunt boobies. While Hershey has done nudity, the casts of her breasts used in the film were animatronic. And if you would like more disturbing news, Hollywood is remaking this movie and using Ringu director Hideo Nakata as the go between.

343145[/snapback]

go between what? :unsure:

:lol:

Oh yeah, Josh Hartnett, he's terrible. He's supposed to be the next big star? He seems to imitate Keanu Reeves, like that's a good thing?

I do believe Hollywood Homicide is one of the very worst films I've ever seen. I think with that film, Harrison Ford's dignity officailly died. Ever since Harrison Ford started wearing an earing, he lost all sense of reason. And he acts embarressed at people identifying him with Han Solo or Indiana Jones???

go between what? :unsure:

:lol:

343235[/snapback]

I just find it kind of odd that they are using the director of a mediocre movie (Which I did like) to film a remake of another mediocre movie (Which I did not like). I'm sure if it fails, they'll (Hollywood) be able to say it was the Japanese guy's fault.

Any Musician gone actor (Usher, 50 Cent, R.Kelly, etc.) needs to stick with music, and never ever go near a movie set; with the exception of some of the hot female musicians because you're really not watching the movie for acting anyway.

Edited by emajnthis

I have to say I do agree with Keanu Reeves because other than playing surfer driftwood dumbasses he sucks.I feel Matrix is souless garbage that tries to be like Megazone 23 and fails badly.I love Bram Stoker's Dracula all except for Keanu.What da fart was Coppola thinking?Cary Elwes wouldn't been a better Jonathan Harker.I do disagree strongly with the Wilson brothers and Kirsten Dunst.

The Wilson brothers I like them in the Wes Anderson movies in which Owen co-wrote most of them.There is some talent there.It shows he's probably different in reality than his characters and that he can help turn out intelligent scripts and I thought his character from Life Aquatic was a step in the right direction being most of his characters were very self-absorbed and very flawed.I felt he brought a sincere approach to the that role.As for Ms.Dunst.I feel she is good actress especially if you look at her early movies like Interview with a Vampire and Mother Night.She has survived better than a lot of child actors.Yes she is beautiful girl,however she needs meatier roles like she did as a child if she wants staying power.

Any Musician gone actor (Usher, 50 Cent, R.Kelly, etc.) needs to stick with music, and never ever go near a movie set; with the exception of some of the hot female musicians because you're really not watching the movie for acting anyway.

343289[/snapback]

Usher has been in a movie?

343289[/snapback]

Usher has been in a movie?

343339[/snapback]

Yeah, The Faculty with Josh Hartnet and Elijah Wood to name one and I have no idea why Usher was in it. He was also in some stupid Freddie Prince Jr and Paul Walker teen film which had quite the cast. :ph34r:<_<

EDIT: Ok, Steve Guttenberg may not be the worst but he must rank somewhere up there.

Edited by Jemstone