So much for border protection...

aaajin

haha.....ha.......ha...hmmm :( look at what the US custom did to my fast packs box....these guys...they didnt even know how to open up boxes properly.... :angry: have this ever happened to any of you guys before?

asa.jpg

sdsad.jpg

fgd.jpg

Edited by aaajin

holy smokes thats F$%^ UP!!! man I feel hella bad for you man. Is the fast pack okay? Shoot either just take your losses and sell it loose to buy a brand new one or post in the wanted section for a empty fast pack box

from Rich

now that's some F'ed up sh!t!!! I've never had that happen to me before. I hope it doesn't happen to me though. Man, that would hella piss me off!!! :angry:

I totally thought this thread would be about the revelation that there are some canadian members of MW :ph34r:

Just kiddin' of course. Wow, now I know why so many eBayers mention that they're not responsible for destruction of objects by Customs. At the same time, I did just watch Batman Begins and if people can smuggle drugs in Bunnies and then weapons within the drugs, I guess Customs has to be thorough....

There's a fine line between thorough, and just plain outright stupidity.... As can be seen in the pics aaajin posted. This whole thing just smacks of incompetence! As mentioned above, the box has flaps for christ's sake; all they had to do was open it in a NORMAL manner. They would have seen what they needed to see, and still be able to close-up the box good as new for the awaiting recipient--immagine that.

I'm really starting to think that US customs are where the untrained monkeys who couldn't get hired by UPS go to flourish: about 4 years ago, I had shipped a hand-made model (worth about 10 grand, by the way) to a customer in California. The troglodites managed to somehow haul the model out of the custom-made crate, and then bash it good before repackaging it... Not quite good-as-new. Long story short, I had to fly out to Ca to fix the model myself.

Edited by captain america

luckily, its just an empty box that was offered free by a member here (but still I had to pay shipping <_< ).....but phew...am I glad to see that they spare the sticker sheet inside :D

I guess Ill stop ordering from overseas for a while....just hoping they wont profile me and f%^&-up every single box that'll go to my address...

Maybe next time Ill order some sh!T overseas (I mean literally) & have em shipped here. Cant imagine how their faces will look the moment they slash the boxes :)

Edited by aaajin

The box was empty? They probably ran this through a scanner and saw the weird shapes of the clear plastic...hmm...but wait, that's no reason for customs to tear the box up...

...unless the sender made the slashes before sending the box over.

Was the armor box sent out as is without packaging?

hmmm...Im not quite sure whether the sender sent the item with a packaging or not because the fastpacks-box that I received was covered in a thin sheet of brown paper (no bubble whatsoever), which I believe belongs to the customs because the addresses were printed in RED & green stickers saying "Examined by US Custom & Border Protection" were slabbed all around the box (isnt it obvious who the perpetrators are? blink.gif )

I think the sender actually packed it well before it fell into a monkey cage somewhere around the borders. The monkeys got all hyped and started beating the crap up just to find that there's no bananas inside sad.gif With little to no iq, they tried to patch it up, but to no avail....AND so they just slabbed some green "ribbons" on it to make it look nice and pretty :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy:biggrin.gif

When I received the package, I can instantly see the slashes on the side of the box. blink.gif hell, I can even see through the inside of the box laugh.gif .. The slashes were too deep that even the plastic tray inside got slashed.

Oh yea, the box was crushed on one side too, but that's nothing compared to the light-saber-ing of the box biggrin.gif

Edited by aaajin

This is utterly ridiculous. I guess the dipshits at Customs were dumbfounded by the complexities involved in opening the tabs and decided that your empty box was such a threat to national security that they had to annihilate it with extreme prejudice.

I've had plenty of stuff sent from overseas, including a huge box containing a case of 1/48 CFs from Noel, and never, ever had any kind of problems with Customs, knock on wood. I'm sure you can file a complaint, but don't expect any sympathy or retribution. You'd probably just get the old "They were just doing their jobs" line.

luckily, its just an empty box that was offered free by a member here (but still I had to pay shipping <_< ).....but phew...am I glad to see that they spare the sticker sheet inside  :D

I guess Ill stop ordering from overseas for a while....just hoping they wont profile me and f%^&-up every single box that'll go to my address...

Maybe next time Ill order some sh!T overseas (I mean literally) & have em shipped here. Cant imagine how their faces will look the moment they slash the boxes  :)

341793[/snapback]

I would said they stole the fast pack just to get payback then get sent to federal jail for the false accursation.

Maybe next time Ill order some sh!T overseas (I mean literally) & have em shipped here. Cant imagine how their faces will look the moment they slash the boxes  :)

341793[/snapback]

oh yeah, please follow through with your plan. That would be freakin hilarious. Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha. LOL! LOL ! Too bad there isnt a way to catch there exprssions on camera when they open a box full of real-crap. Oh man, I can only imagine.

dayam aaajin,

Everything that's been said before times 2!!! is what i have to say... if there were any fastpacks in there... did they slash deep enough that it would have hit a piece??

I hate people disrespectin other people's poo. Like one time when some idiot construction guys in my apartment came in without any warning to replace my carpet with hardwood floor and ended up dropping my favorite Alt Jazz Reproed into a batch of Tar...

US Customs and all idiot people out there.... YOU F*CKIN SUCK!!

I guess it is maybe because it was an empty box, which made the customs looking into like the way you received it ;)

I believe either all or randomly, parcels go through x-ray checks and since your parcel contained nothing...custom officials maybe got suspicious and took "all necessary" forces to "rape" your Fast Pack box making sure nothing of harm is contained in it ;)

of all the things that get shipped here from all over the world, sad that picked your box for their preemptive strike.

Also sad that the giant, clear plastic panel wasn't good enough for them, or that those complicated opening flaps take so much time..

Sucks. Glad you got a box replacment though.

The did the same thing to stuff like books and shoes sent by to my gf by her parents. I made a formal complaint and all I get was an e-mail asking me what actually happened. I wrote them back with pic of the damaged packages and damaged books and demanded an apology and compensation. They wrote back SIX months later saying basically "Sorry it happened, but we did nothing wrong and we won't pay."

This blatant destruction of the box is evident that U.S. Customs have really losy employees. Or maybe the cutom agent thought the micro-missiles and beam cannon were real and just had to take a look? In any way, this is totally wrong.

I guess it is maybe because it was an empty box, which made the customs looking into like the way you received it  ;)

I believe either all or randomly, parcels go through x-ray checks and since your parcel contained nothing...custom officials maybe got suspicious and took "all necessary" forces to "rape" your Fast Pack box making sure nothing of harm is contained in it  ;)

342079[/snapback]

the empty box thing was what I was thinking as well. "hey boss... heres a empty box in a box... who would ship a box? Whats the procedure?" Well... after cheech and chong drove a van out of hash we've gotten some innovative smugglers... cut the hell out of the box and smoke a small piece to be certain." :lol::blink:

I'm not sure about shipping poo... roadkill by boat would be better. Four weeks shipping... shouuld be pretty ripe by the time it gets to it's destination. The problem occurs if/when they delive it to your door and the wife opens it :blink:

sucks dude... reminds me of a guy I talked to the other day, we shipped some stuff to a guy in florida, a part hit by wilma. Well, the UPS guy drives up and just chucks the package through a window that got blown out and drove off.

341799[/snapback]

Can't believe they did that though. thats just plain DUMB!! :angry: Cant believe Custom would be so destructive to a box in a box! :angry:

edit : forgot :angry: still in angry disbelief

Edited by Macross73

aaajin,my friend,

i'm sure customs "profiled" your package cause you have a foreign name & i'm sure they're suspicious of you getting things so frequently by mail.if you complain & try to get compensation,i'm sure the customs-gestapo will scoff in your general direction.accept an appology from a citizen for the unjust actions of our government. <_<

Jeebus!! :o I'll think twice before ordering stuff from overseas.

341736[/snapback]

Exactly. An order from Valkyrie Exchange in not-so-sunny-California probably would have kept you from that brand of harm...