Seed The End

MacrossX

I am not going to tell a lot about the story.......

But too many died ...and how come Kira survives and his Gundam doesn't !? A "magic" explosion? The whole ending is the reminescence of the original Gundam's ending. I do smell a sequel but if they are going to bring back the surviving characters........Make them look like adults this time.

This site has a lot of images from the finale. Can't wait to see it. It's very rare for a series to kill the central character off. Make him a vegetable, maybe, but not kill him. Other main characters, such as Mwu :( are fair game technically, though I had hoped he would come through ok. Seeing those pics, I kind of feel sorry for Fllay. She stopped being a b&^% but her luck never improved. At least there will be no love triangles to deal with in the second series. Can't tell which Gundams come out intact specifically, but it looks like everyone takes a measurable beating.

Here's to the long wait for Seed 2. Then we can start the specuations all over again.

On the plus, I'll have Zeta to hold me over until then. As soon as Bandai releases the box set early next year.

Come tomorrow or Tuesday, those of us that were waiting for the subbed version will be able to discuss the end further.

Ok well

SPOILERS

1. Pat gets killed by ZAFT guy number # 418

2. Krueze along with providence get destoyed by Kira and GENESIS.

3. Freedom takes a HUGE beating during fight above

4. Frey dies in above fight

5. Buster gets pretty beat up by uhhh bird gundam dude but is saved by Isaac. Isaac then takes out bird gundam.

6. Cagalli and Asuran's gundam blow up in GENESIS' self destruction and somehow en dup in busted up Freedom.

7. So really the only gundam to make it were buster and uhhh Isaac's

8. Kira is found floating in space

THE END

Definitly not a Turn A or GX ending AKA a GOOD ending more like a Z ending. But without the main dude otainin the intelligence of a 5 year old.

Uh, the Strike Rouge survived. It's how Cagalli and Asuran escaped Genesis.

Buster got it's ass kicked by Providence. Raww turned to fight Freedom instead of finishing him off. Duel was about to drag Buster back to the Archangel when Raider attacked.

And after rewatching it, I have to admit that I'm likeing Providence more and more. That paint job just gives it a feel of a NT Gundam Mk II on steroids.

After getting smacked around be Kira throughout the series, it was actually interesting to see Yzak actually do good against the three stooges.

And the providence has grown on me as well, if anything for how it screams newtype MK-II.

Damn, I'm definately thinking hard about picking up one of the HK Seed set's once they come out (a complete set I mean, not just the individual disc's), it's gonna be hard waiting a full year for Bandai to "start" releasing it!

BTW, there was apparently some Zeta news at the recent atlanta con held. Over at the AOD boards, it was announced that both Zeta & F91 will hit release in March. Zeta should hit the target between $150-$200.

Couldn't help but skim through it some before I went to work. Doesn't look like they show his face. :angry: Helmet glass cracks, mask burns up or comes off, but his hair is in the way. I'll watch it for real during lunch.

I also get he impression that had Fllay come through alive her and Kira would have hooked right back up. Especially with her not being Ms. B&^*# anymore. Kind of a sad scene.

Also, Kira's vision of her goodbye screams newtype again. Cue Lalah scene.

Klueze lights everyone up with those funnels. The backpack keeps those things charged up really well. Also, he had the newtype ping again when Kira approached. Good action.

Was it Nicol's father that shot Patrick? Can't tell for sure yet.

Couldn't help but skim through it some before I went to work.  Doesn't look like they show his face.  :angry:   Helmet glass cracks, mask burns up or comes off, but his hair is in the way.  I'll watch it for real during lunch.

I also get he impression that had Fllay come through alive her and Kira would have hooked right back up.  Especially with her not being Ms. B&^*# anymore.  Kind of a sad scene.

Also, Kira's vision of her goodbye screams newtype again.  Cue Lalah scene.

Klueze lights everyone up with those funnels.  The backpack keeps those things charged up really well.  Also, he had the newtype ping again when Kira approached.  Good action.

Was it Nicol's father that shot Patrick?  Can't tell for sure yet.

minor spoiler.........

They didn't even show his eyes. Maybe he survives the blast just like Kira though Kluze took the total hit from the beam....who knows!? In anime, anything is possible. Kira's Gundam is practically melting and yet he survives.

Kira's vision scene is similar to that in the original Gundam as well as those "funnels". Old ideas are still used today after so many years of Gundam. Don't forget the shot scene......that is also similar to that in the original Gundam.

Edited by MacrossX

Couldn't help but skim through it some before I went to work.  Doesn't look like they show his face.  :angry:  Helmet glass cracks, mask burns up or comes off, but his hair is in the way.  I'll watch it for real during lunch.

I also get he impression that had Fllay come through alive her and Kira would have hooked right back up.  Especially with her not being Ms. B&^*# anymore.  Kind of a sad scene.

Also, Kira's vision of her goodbye screams newtype again.  Cue Lalah scene.

Klueze lights everyone up with those funnels.  The backpack keeps those things charged up really well.  Also, he had the newtype ping again when Kira approached.  Good action.

Was it Nicol's father that shot Patrick?  Can't tell for sure yet.

minor spoiler.........

They didn't even show his eyes. Maybe he survives the blast just like Kira though Kluze took the total hit from the beam....who knows!? In anime, anything is possible. Kira's Gundam is practically melting and yet he survivies.

Kira's vision scene is similiar to that in the original Gundam as well as those "funnels". Old ideas are still used today after so many years of Gundam. Don't forget the shot scene......that is also similiar to that in the original Gundam.

It's possible Klueze got out. The zaft guys seem to tend to have those jet pack things with them to escape with, so he could have gotten himself away. Kind of like when Asuran self destructed the Aegis, he tried to fly away with the pack. Wouldn't surprize me if we see Klueze again. He could be useful anyway to help clear up the remaining plot points. Then kill him.

Except that his faceplate shattered. Even assuming he managed to escape the Providence before it was destroyed (unlikely), he'd still have to deal with the problem of breathing in space.

No, I think Seed 2 will have new villians. Hopefully something relating to that damn space whale fossil that they showed, then never brought up again.

Except that his faceplate shattered.  Even assuming he managed to escape the Providence before it was destroyed (unlikely), he'd still have to deal with the problem of breathing in space.

No, I think Seed 2 will have new villians.  Hopefully something relating to that damn space whale fossil that they showed, then never brought up again.

Good Point. Hopefully he's dead, but you never know with these shows. How did Tori bird fly through space for example?

Overall a very good ending I think. Wide open for Seed 2 of course, maybe then we'll get some answers to the hanging questions then.

Few points:

Now Kira can sense Kurueze, just without the ping for now. Kira was just like Mwu as far as Kurueze was concerned the way he pinged whenever Kira got near. Nice fight. That combined with Fllay's goodbye pretty much sinches the coordinator-newtype thing for me. I wonder how this will play out.

Kind of ironic to see Duel with one of Strike's spare shields. Since he resupplied on Archangel, why not hook him up.

And on a side note, it was kind of cruel to leave the Astray pilot running around with Athrun and Cagalli with no face. Just a black faceplate. Talk about nameless CF.

Also, it wasn't Nicol's father that shot Patrick after all. He was next to the guy that shot him. I think we've seen him, before, I just don't know who he is. Maybe he was just random guy 212. Why not? When I rewatch the series eventually I'll keep an eye out for him and see if I see him.

And I agree, they need to clarify what the deal is with the fossil. There has to be something more to it than "hey look what we found." I don't even want to speculate what though too much. Watch it be somehting wierd though.

Overall, great series. I'm happy to have this as a starting branch for a new timeline of shows. Lets hope the rest are as good, if not better. They has some slow spots at first, but the overall pacing wasn't bad. My only issue is having so many loose plot threads, but with a second series on the way, it can be forgiven.

Edited by Anubis

Just a question.... who is Flay? Is she the princess/singer with the pink Haros or is she the crazy psychotic Katejina wanna be that went nuts when her father was killed? :huh:

Frey is the crazy psychotic Katejina-wannabe.

post-26-1064868603_thumb.jpg

Is she the princess/singer with the pink Haros

The princess/singer with the pink Haros is Lux Klein. And she's 1000x better than Relena.

post-26-1064868873_thumb.jpg

What's with the hentai dress? Isn't she showing a little more then she should? :o

Half of Lux's outfits are like that, while the other half are conservative stuff. Like all of the fanservice in Gundam SEED, I don't see a problem.

While a peace activist, Lux is 1000x better than Relena and more good looking too. ;)

What's with the hentai dress? Isn't she showing a little more then she should? :o

Half of Lux's outfits are like that, while the other half are conservative stuff. Like all of the fanservice in Gundam SEED, I don't see a problem.

While a peace activist, Lux is 1000x better than Relena and more good looking too. ;)

Anything is better looking then those ugly Wing character designs. <_<

Agreed.

In Wing, I found Relena highly annoying, and wished someone would have told her to pull her head out of her @$$.

Lacus turned out to be quite the interesting character, and through the couple of times she got really serious, like in the concert hall, you can see she is much stronger willed and knowledgable than she would seem at first glance.

The blond chick at the end was one of the Zaft councilwomen, apparently a Klien Faction supporter.

She did call Sigel in Ep. 34 to tell him about Spit-break's target change.

Edited by Anubis

Never mind, I screwed up. Insert foot in mouth. Looked at the shoulder emblems again. Zaft, not Alliance. I'm dumb.

Guess they were Zaft loyalists, or Klien Faction if you want to call them that. Good. Simplifies something at least. Villains for the next show can be a surprise.

Funny thing, Duel came out of this one with the least damage this time! No chopped off legs!

He lost the Assault Shroud and the Shield but that was it. And he got a new shield.

Next was Strike Rouge, with not that much damage either by comparison.

Buster got f^%$^% up.

I expected Freedom and Justice to be destroyed anyway.

Whether Freedom is salvagable or not is debatable. Might be easier to just build a new one.

I think the writers felt bad for all the times that Kira humiliated Yzak over the course of the series, thus letting him kill two of the three Alliance 2nd Gen Gundams.

Anyway, with a cease fire in effect, and probably peace talks soon to follow, I doubt Freedom will be repaired, or a new one constructed. Kira and company probably just want to find a nice place to settle down, anyway. I'd be kinda surprised if they're the stars for Seed 2.

Buster got Busted and Izak is more a killer than I imagined, he got 2 of the 3 stooges :o Shocking to say the least ;)

I always thought Freedom was the one to get destroyed, it only got trashed really good, and I think it's salvagable, with a lot of repair hours done by a huge maintenance crew :blink:

Providence, well it was mentionned earlier, the backpack is simply fugly, but it sure had a bad ass BFG! And got trashed really good, this one is never comming back :lol:

In the end I would say the ending rules, althought I would have prefered Mwu to survive, but it was expected since the start that he wouldn't survive, being the only main character not seen in any of the endings, but that was in 49 :rolleyes:

The series is a defenite must buy for me :lol: Verry GOOD! B)