Stephen King and Marvel!

Marvel announced today, after quite a bit of speculation, that Stephen King will be writing a comic for them, and that it will be a DARK TOWER book!! how freaking awesome is this?? Jae Lee is gonna be drawing and some of the early pics look awesome....

DarkTower_p01_col2.jpg

DarkTower_p02_col2.jpg

DarkTower_p0304_col2.jpg

Damn, I am totally fanboy over this thing. This is huge, and i will DEFINATELY getting this!!

Heres a few Newsarama links to the story:

http://www.newsarama.com/JoeFridays/JoeFridays23.html

http://www.newsarama.com/marvelnew/King/st...king_marvel.htm

http://www.newsarama.com/forums/showthread...?threadid=47647

Awesome images. I wonder how and where this new story will fit into the timeline. Could it be the beginnings of Rolands quest to find the Tower itself? Its a part of the story that really was never explored. The pages shown clearly indicate the man in black and Roland. :huh:

I'm mixed. I liked the first four DT books more than the last three. The artwork there looks good though, first few could be worth a shot.

It would make a great anime though.....

340511[/snapback]

Yeah I agree. At first I thought "UGH! It's a MARVEL CRAP-TAULAR project." Now with some art reasurance, I don't feel nearly as hesitant. Though I seriously hope that the quality doesn't nosedive like the new Ghost Rider did several pages before the first books end.

Disagree that it would make a good anime. The story calls for older animation methods to keep it dark not the current bland colors and lack of texture(film grain and imprefect frame alignment went along way didn't it) that CG gives.

The first 4 were indeed freaking Awsome. Shame it, the series, took a poo at the end.

Those panels actually make it seem like it just might be a retelling of the DT series from book 1 on. Or maybe even a reboot from the end of book 7. I'm definitely going to be picking up the first ish when it hits the stores, just because I'm a DT fanatic (even though book 7 pretty much jumped the shark).

I can't believe that very few people liked the last few books in the Series. I loved Wolves of Calla, Song of Susanah and The Dark Tower. Save for the epilogue, The Dark Tower was excellent. the ending was not what i wanted, but other than that it was pretty emotional, with everything that happened to the Ka-Tet of 19. The comic is supposed to be a Six issue mini, so its not a retelling, but hopefully it will do really well and King will keep making them.

Well apparently those pages are not going to be from the actual new story, but rather are from King and Marvel's first meeting. Jae Lee and Richard Isanove got them together as a sample. King was reportedly so impressed with the pages, that he asked to keep the orginals. Jae Lee, the artist for the series says that there may be more Gunslinger books after the initial series and that Roland, Alain and Cuthbert will play some part in it, as well as ( and i don't know how) Susan Delgado.

Info Taken from:

http://www.newsarama.com/marvelnew/King/JaeLee_DarkTower.htm

• 3 months later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

The art reminds me a lot of Timothy Truman, especially the angles, composition and heavy use of shadow. He's probably best known to most comic book fans for his time on Conan and his work on the classic late 80's reboot Hawkworld.

IPB Image