Perfect Macross Zero?

Desram

Hey all. I'm doing my best to introduce my girlfriend to macross. She's already seen the first 3 episodes of robotech. I know... I'm sorry. But it got her interested. I'm now thinking that I'll do a full chronological order of everything macross. I have macross zero but the subs are somewhat... questionable.. Roy Kamu??? I saw that there were some decent fansubs and I was wondering if there is anyway to move those subs to a dvd. I saw something similar done with DYRL. Thanks all.

Des

Right now I'm downloading a set that is approx 1.7 gigs. Does that sound about right? All of the files are avis. I don't really know anything about burning dvds. I assume I'll have to do a lot of work to get everything right. Any tips?

Right now I'm downloading a set that is approx 1.7 gigs. Does that sound about right? All of the files are avis.

339267[/snapback]

Won't know....

I don't really know anything about burning dvds. I assume I'll have to do a lot of work to get everything right. Any tips?

You can make it as painless or as hard as you want.

http://www.videohelp.com

I have those avis now. They are the Anbu subs.

Could anyone give me a hint as to the best course of action?

Here are my uneducated guesses:

1. Just make a DVD of the illegal files and relax.

2. Use dvdecrytper(I guess) to get the data off the dvds I have and somehow extrat the subs from the avis and replace the dvd subs with them (this sounds tricky) then burn to a fresh dvd.

3. Mystery Plan X (probably the correct one).

Why not just buy the DVD's. You can get the collection at places like www.discountanimedvd.com for $12 to $20 w/o shipping. I know it's not the same as free, but you may end up spending more than that on aspirin for the headache you will probably get trying to put them on DVD yourself.

Edit* They are also Region free I believe.

Edited by agass4u

If you have Nerosmart you could always just do a VCD (works on most DVD players, no way to really know if yours will or not) with a regular CD. Granted you could only put 2 episodes a disk (meaning 5 will be on its own) and the picture quality might suck, but you got the fansubs which are better then the bootlegs.

Nero Burning ROM will also work well. And it will convert the avi files to DVD files with improved picture quality. Same amount of episodes to a disc though, but it beats looking at a grainy VCD. I burnt my files to disc and they look great. However, do not use Roxio Easy Media Creator. They will compress the widescreen effect into pan and scan.

Nero Burning ROM will also work well. And it will convert the avi files to DVD files with improved picture quality.

Nonsense. DVD is MPEG. It's a lossy compression scheme.

You are ALWAYS left with an image of lower quality than the source.

Besides which, you can't really reconstruct missing data without a lot of time and effort.

For general purposes, the source is the best.

Same amount of episodes to a disc though, but it beats looking at a grainy VCD.

And that's the trick. Same # of episodes on a DVD look way better than same episodes on a VCD, provided re-encoding is necesary. The extra 4GB of space(for a single-layer disk) lets you use MUCH lighter compression.

However, do not use Roxio Easy Media Creator. They will compress the widescreen effect into pan and scan.

340797[/snapback]

Ewww.

Nero Burning ROM will also work well. And it will convert the avi files to DVD files with improved picture quality.

Nonsense. DVD is MPEG. It's a lossy compression scheme.

You are ALWAYS left with an image of lower quality than the source.

Besides which, you can't really reconstruct missing data without a lot of time and effort.

For general purposes, the source is the best.

Same amount of episodes to a disc though, but it beats looking at a grainy VCD.

And that's the trick. Same # of episodes on a DVD look way better than same episodes on a VCD, provided re-encoding is necesary. The extra 4GB of space(for a single-layer disk) lets you use MUCH lighter compression.

However, do not use Roxio Easy Media Creator. They will compress the widescreen effect into pan and scan.

340797[/snapback]

Ewww.

340801[/snapback]

Shows you how much I know. :D