Macross Holly Grail Items?

Save

My Holy grail would be the master print of the 16mm film reel of DYRL, and then my couch...yum...umm, 24hrs of projected Valk actions. :rolleyes:

A moving Minmei doll (if exist at all) would be priceless to me as well.

Bty, many posts asked how to tell if the Gold Book was a first print. Correct me please if I am wrong, I think any of those with the film strip bookmark would be considered to be the first print.

The resell value of the Goldbook is also dependent on this strip of film, i.e. a nice frame of Misa or Miria would fetch a better price than...say...that nuked fish, a frame of Minmei in shower would be priceless.

I'd like to complete my Macross vinyl record collection.

Pretty easy to do in Tokyo (that's where I got these), but difficult outside of Japan.

378640[/snapback]

Nice. I've got a couple of Macross records myself. Was visitng Amoeba Records on Sunset Blvd in LA and was just going through their stock and was very surprised to find them there. I picked them up just for the heck of it not really intending to collect them. But lately I've been playing with the idea of hunting some more of the vinyl down. The sleeve art is just so cool.

Yes a 16mm film strip of Minmei singing or in the shower nude would be expense, but hardly priceless. Usually a single cel from either of those sequences commands well over 4K and the gengas more. But the closest things that I've found that came even close to being priceless, were original Mikimoto paintings and sketches from Macross and the runner up was GunBuster OVA sketches of Noriko. Most of these items have a price, question is ... can you afford it. As we all know, there are some really well funded collectors in JP. B))

Edited by Fortress_Maximus

I'd like to complete my Macross vinyl record collection.

Pretty easy to do in Tokyo (that's where I got these), but difficult outside of Japan.

378640[/snapback]

Nice. I've got a couple of Macross records myself. Was visitng Amoeba Records on Sunset Blvd in LA and was just going through their stock and was very surprised to find them there. I picked them up just for the heck of it not really intending to collect them. But lately I've been playing with the idea of hunting some more of the vinyl down. The sleeve art is just so cool.

378685[/snapback]

I agree the sleeveart is quite beautiful for the LPs and the LDs too! With prices declining these might make nice collectibles that you can decorate your abode with. ;)

Ok, we are now entering the realm of fantasy, which is way beyond the Holy Grail :p .

Bty, you do know chaining up somebody in your own basement is a crime, right? :D

Mari Ijima chained up in my basement.

Graham

378857[/snapback]

Edited by Mowe