Macross Holly Grail Items?

Save

There isn't nothing "pro-HG" in my nick name. The key word is Save.

338087[/snapback]

I think what you're not taking into account however, is that about 95% of the people here think that Macross would be better off if Robotech would disappear. If Harmony Gold somehow, some day, would suddenly announce that it is divesting Macross, Southern Cross, and Mospeada of the artificial Robotech continuity (it no longer being necessary since it was only introduced due to American broadcast requirements), let "Robotech" die, and then do an adult-oriented dub and release of Macross without all the strained links into the other two unrelated series and kidd-ified dialogue, a lot of people here would be thrilled.

Now, that will never happen. But, "saving" Robotech is the last thing most people here want to do. We'd rather see Robotech disappear so that Macross can be appreciated in its pure form without all the confusion, misconceptions, and mangled continuity that is inherent with tacking on two unrelated series.

338104[/snapback]

Awesome post my son.

LOL, Hurin totally ignored the "stay on topic of the thread" line and went right back to derailing.

338163[/snapback]

Uh, he added that line (and the other 90% of his post) more than an hour after I posted. When I wrote my post, his post was only one sentence (the first one). Everything else was edited in later.

As for "derailing". . . compared to some other posts in this thread which call names and basically get rude, I think that's a bit unfair.

Edited by Hurin

Anyone who is offended by your handle should get off the net.  ;)

Even though I think Robotech is an abomination now that I've seen what it was before it was bastardized.

I'd say the holy grail is the Gold Book.  It's a book, by the way.

337958[/snapback]

That's not the Holy Grail... that's the bible, new testament... Perfect Memory being the old.

Hey Hurin, I apologize if it seemed like I was jumping on you in my last post. I was just readin' through and laughing at how the thread slid from innocuous toy talk to why RT and HG sucks and how this cat is an Arafat clone or some such.

Anyway, It seems there really isn't a Yodobashi Ikiba building right outside of LAX... I musta been confused :)

EDIT - verb tense

Edited by jenius

I’m curious and wanted to ask what would members consider to be their top 5 hardest to find Macross items. List in order of 1 to 5, 1 being your Holly Grail and 5 being a difficult find. More than 5 is ok. List any type of Macross related item except for animation cels. Most cels are usually only one of a kind.

You can also list the same for Southern Cross, and Mospeada items too.

337872[/snapback]

It's too late. Once a thread has drifted off-topic, only the mightiest of wills can force it back on-topic.

Soon it will move into a discussion of AgentONE's biceps. And the governator's acting. That is the way of all threads here on MacrossWorld.

Edited by JB0

So how does one acquire one of these Mastercard  VF-1Js???  I own a Mastercard, I don't remember them asking me if I'd be interested in an exclusive Macross product.

338393[/snapback]

If I recall correctly...

1. Get a Macross Mastercard(japanese-only, of course).

2. Rack up a certain balance before the contest date.

3. Everyone that had X yen on their Macross Mastercard was entered in a drawing for a black 1/48. I think they made a few, but it wasn't a whole lot.

Macross Gold Book (1st Printing) How can you tell the difference between 1st printings and the 2nd and 3rd? I've picked up three since moving here and two are complete with everything and the third is missing the poster.

Mastercard VF-1Js was on ebay not to long ago I think it sold around $600 to $700 if I remember correctly.

:o Oh crap my co-worker just told me Mikimoto is doing a book signing here in Akihabara next weekend, but I guess he will only sign his Gundam Manga that was just released today.

Edited by SaveRobotech

Like so many others my number one "Holy Grail" item would be a copy of the Macross Gold Book. I've always wanted one. I have a smaller 'DYRL?' art book, but it's just not the same. I also still need to grab one of the Miyatake Design Works books, but since that's still fairly common (unless they sold out faster than I anticipated) I don't think I'd consider one of my top 'Holy Grail' items yet.

The Bandai 1/55th Elintseeker and Super Ostrich toys would definitely be on my list I'm still dismayed that they were never reissued.

The Joke Machine toys would also be up there. I've always wanted one of the little guys to go with my collection. Who wouldn't want a transformable SD Valkyrie?

The Bandai High Complete toys seem nice, too. It would be nice to have one or two of those just to have a 1/100 (they were 1/100 right? Or was it 1/72?) to go with my Yamato Konig (or my Macross Plus toys, if it was 1/72).

Really, most of my 'Holy Grail' items are either out of print books, or old toys. Hard to find things, either way. Out of stuff that's commonly available, I have most of what I'd really want. I mean, I could always do with a few more 1/48ths, and having the complete 1/60 collection would make me very happy, but I've got all the current toys that are the most important to me.

I've also got all the DVDs, legitimate releases of SDF and Macross Plus, and bootlegs of M7, Flashback 2012, and DYRL.

Beyond what I have, and what's hard to find, is simply a money issue.

I think I could be convinced to spend $600 on an ultra rare 1/48 Mastercard VF-1J. If you ever see another let me know. Of course then I'd have to figure out some way of assuring you're not going to run off with my money. Does anyone know some people in the Yakuza I could employ to bust knees... I mean, keep people honest :)

I think I could be convinced to spend $600 on an ultra rare 1/48 Mastercard VF-1J.  If you ever see another let me know.  Of course then I'd have to figure out some way of assuring you're not going to run off with my money.  Does anyone know some people in the Yakuza I could employ to bust knees... I mean, keep people honest :)

338454[/snapback]

:lol::lol::lol::lol: bust knees! Pop'n out a blow of rice and bustn a cap in my ass! There are two ways to handle it. One I take paypal, so an item will be covered.

Or I can set up an ebay auction with a non-related heading but with full details of the item you want at a buy now price. If you choose that you would also have to reimburse me the ebay fees for posting it. Ebay seller ID is evaproto check my feedback I’m no crook. Only 8 neg feedback since: Mar-30-99, and it all been the other persons fault.

I figure since I’m already out looking for stuff everyday, I might as well just grab stuff for other people.

For books or toys all I ask is for about 1000¥ which is about $8.50 as a finders fee (basically money to get lunch while I’m out searching). Other than that you pay the actual yen price, shipping supplies, and the postage.

If the item is something huge then the cost would depend on what the item is.

If you need me to get you something on Yahoo auctions then that takes more work due to bid wars, sending emails, and then having to take time to walk to the bank and transfer ¥ to the seller.

If you know of a better way then let me know.

So you have 8 negatives and you signed up at RT.com with 2 accounts to back yourself up? What kind of reference is that? In my book that counts as pretty crappy.

I have nothing against your handle or anything like that and the good outweighs the bad on your ebay account, but it's just enough for me to stay away...

On a side note, on the RT.com link you gave, I found this funny...

Why hide behind the new name.

Tell us who you really are and let yourself be heard.

To flame on the Robotech staff and use a fake log-in name is just shameful.

I personally am 110% behind Tommy's direction that Robotech is going in. He will not let us down, so please stop the hating and let the love flow man.

Everything will be all right.

MGREXX telling someone else that someone with a fake log in name is shameful... something that he's done here a couple of million times. The lowest depth that this guy would go to is unboundless. He leaves a trail of bad taste in everyone's mouth. Hypocrite...

So you have 8 negatives and you signed up at RT.com with 2 accounts to back yourself up?  What kind of reference is that?  In my book that counts as pretty crappy.

I have nothing against your handle or anything like that and the good outweighs the bad on your ebay account, but it's just enough for me to stay away...

338468[/snapback]

B)) I find it so funny how you give people facts and they still only see what they want to see. I never had two accounts on RT.com it was a trumped up accusation that their admin came up with to get me off the forums for pointing out facts about what at was going on at HG in 2004. Even after it was all sorted out at one of the RT BBQs, I was told me being banned would be lifted and sorted out then it never happened.

So you think 8 negative in 6 years of selling on ebay is a bad reference. All 8 were either deadbeat bidders lying about paying and never did, or they were just jerks and a pain in the ass to sell too. :rolleyes:Similar to like having to defend my good intentions on this forum right now.

Edited by SaveRobotech

So you have 8 negatives and you signed up at RT.com with 2 accounts to back yourself up?  What kind of reference is that?  In my book that counts as pretty crappy.

338468[/snapback]

B)) I find it so funny how you give people facts and they still only see what they want to see. I never had two accounts on RT.com it was a trumped up accusation that their admin came up with to get me off the forums for pointing out facts about what at was going on at HG in 2004. Even after it was all sorted out at one of the RT BBQs, I was told me being banned would be lifted and sorted out then it never happened.

So you think 8 negative in 6 years of selling on ebay is a bad reference. All 8 were either deadbeat bidders lying about paying and never did, or they were just jerks and a pain in the ass to sell too. :rolleyes: Similar to like having to defend my good intentions on this forum right now.

338470[/snapback]

Hey, I never outright said that you were untrustworthy or a crook. But taking a chance on you based on stuff that you yourself posted, I'm just staying on the safe side. I only see what I want to see because it's exactly what I'm looking for. When buying a car I'm gonna focus on what I may find that's faulty instead of concentrating on the shiny exterior. Making it sound like it's mass paranoia by saying "you people" doesn't sit right with me either.

The only fact here is, you're a guy that's been on the forum a day or two and your already trying to drum up business. Where's my mistake?

BTW... I would take to account that the admins may or may not do that kind of thing. It only serves as my opinion to the admins there, not a plus on your side.

Damn... another BTW... the best thing a person like you can do IS to fight for a good reputation. A lot of people here have been burned by better people than you.

Edited by >EXO<

The only fact here is, you're a guy that's been on the forum a day or two and your already trying to drum up business.  Where's my mistake?

BTW... I would take to account that the admins may or may not do that kind of thing.  It only serves as my opinion to the admins there, not a plus on your side.

338471[/snapback]

Here is your mistake.

First of all my topic was only about what is everybody’s Holly Grail. Then it was side tracked by others who had a problem with my nickname. Then I had to explain why I choose the name in the first place. Which is why I posted the reason for the name, and that it was not pro-HG. I ask everybody to get back to the subject. Then people figured I was lying about being in Japan, and said I was full of crap. Then they check my IP and surprise "he is in Japan". Then I only mentioned that I was thinking I could help people find what they are looking for and did not mention money. Then jenius said, "Of course then I'd have to figure out some way of assuring you're not going to run off with my money. Does anyone know some people in the Yakuza I could employ to bust knees... I mean, keep people honest" So to answer his or her question and I came up with what I posted as a response to him.

I never started this thread to "drum up business" I only want a census of what would be easiest to hardest to locate. Then I would have analyzed all of the members items of interest to see if it would be able to help them out.

At this point it looks like it's not worth it.

:rolleyes: So there are the Facts, go ahead read between the line and come up with some BS reply.

The only fact here is, you're a guy that's been on the forum a day or two and your already trying to drum up business.  Where's my mistake?

BTW... I would take to account that the admins may or may not do that kind of thing.  It only serves as my opinion to the admins there, not a plus on your side.

338471[/snapback]

Here is your mistake.

First of all my topic was only about what is everybody’s Holly Grail. Then it was side tracked by others who had a problem with my nickname. Then I had to explain why I choose the name in the first place. Which is why I posted the reason for the name, and that it was not pro-HG. I ask everybody to get back to the subject. Then people figured I was lying about being in Japan, and said I was full of crap. Then they check my IP and surprise "he is in Japan". Then I only mentioned that I was thinking I could help people find what they are looking for and did not mention money. Then jenius said, "Of course then I'd have to figure out some way of assuring you're not going to run off with my money. Does anyone know some people in the Yakuza I could employ to bust knees... I mean, keep people honest" So to answer his or her question and I came up with what I posted as a response to him.

Where's my mistake in there? Nowhere! As I wasn't part of anyone of those people that accused you there.

You're the one that brought up your eBay and the Robotech link, which opened up my line of questions. I'm in every right to question your credibilty there since you brought it up publicly. Like I said I'm not trying to stop you from making your deals, I'm just asking what the hell kind of lame credentials are those? If anything, "questionable" is the perfect word because all it did is bring up questions as to your reliablilty.

I never started this thread to "drum up business" I only want a census of what would be easiest to hardest to locate. Then I would have analyzed all of the members items of interest to see if it would be able to help them out.

At this point it looks like it's not worth it.

:rolleyes: So there are the Facts, go ahead read between the line and come up with some BS reply.

338474[/snapback]

Uhmmm... even though you didn't solicit it, it's right there on your sig...

Doing it for the fans................. and for some extra ¥ in my pocket.

dumbass... I'm really trying not to antagonize you, but you're so bent on being defensive that it makes me more and more suspicious.

Give the guy a break...he's been put on the defensive by members here from the get-go just because of his screen name. Sheesh...I love MacrossWorld, but that's pretty shameful.

Back to the topic...

My personal holy grail of macross would be a 1/3000th SDF-1...Takatoku, Matchbox...whatever. The cheaper the better, cuz all I wanna do is play with it :D

It's holy grail, not holly grail, unless it's the taiwan bootleg.

Over the past few years a number of the forum members have been burned badly by other forum members in trading and the buying and selling of items.

Coming in here offering to keep an eye out for holy grails is an admirable thing if you do have good intentions, but you must understand everyone's hesitance after there has been trouble with long standing members of the MW community.

You currently have no reputation for us to trust in because you're new here. People will be hesitant to trust in you until we get to know you and your reputation develops. Being so defensive won't help you.

As for holy grails... Uh, I already have a gold book and the psoter with it, but I don't care about the film piece. I already have the LE CMs corporation series 1 Minmay and Hikaru (although Hikaru is missing his hair *sigh*).

My Holy Grails would be

1) Yamato 1/48 YF-19 (doesnt exist. Yet!)

2) Yamato 1/60 YF-19FP (its down the crapper for now)

3) Yamato 1/48 VF11 (doesnt exist, yet!)

4) Yamato 1/48 VF-4G (only exists as that picture)

otherwise I've got everything I want that has come out. Unless there's another cd with a different version of M+'s voices. I already have the Macross Tribute CD, M+ soundtrack 1 and 2, and Original Soundtrack Plus.

Guys, lighten up on SaveRobotech. He's just trying to offer his access to all things Macross to anyone outside of Japan who might be looking for something, which is the exact opposite of what HG wants to allow. That is sufficient in my book to acknowledge that he's not a BankofKev clone. Now I know why I take longer and longer "vacations" from this board: nonsense like what I've seen here.

As for the original post:

I no longer collect anything Macross related. I even stopped buying Macross model kits, which has been a quarterly habit for me since 2003. So I don't have any Holy Grails. Except Monty Python and the Holy Grail, I have that.

Where's my mistake in there?  Nowhere!  As I wasn't part of anyone of those people that accused you there.

You're the one that brought up your eBay and the Robotech link, which opened up my line of questions.  I'm in every right to question your credibilty there since you brought it up publicly.  Like I said I'm not trying to stop you from making your deals, I'm just asking what the hell kind of lame credentials are those? If anything, "questionable" is the perfect word because all it did is bring up questions as to your reliablilty.

I never said you were any of the ones, who accused me of the above, now did I? I point out that your assumption was a mistake, mostlikey do to you not ready every post up till then.

Again I posted my RT link since my screen name was in question. Then I brought up my ebay feedback link to reply to a posted question. I never said you couldn't question anything, I'm just telling you the facts. You can call what I posted lame credentials or what ever you want, they were not indended for you or your opinion in any way.

Uhmmm... even though you didn't solicit it, it's right there on your sig...

Yeah my sig was also updated to reflect that after it was brought up once others changed the subject. A Joke some just don't get, I guess as with my screen name.

dumbass... I'm really trying not to antagonize you, but you're so bent on being defensive that it makes me more and more suspicious.

338481[/snapback]

That's so funny, yeah I'm so bent on being defensive I've resulted to name-calling. :lol: Who is the one that is bent? B)) Do or do not, there is no try.

:D A big thanks to all who have welcomed me here.

Edited by SaveRobotech

It's holy grail, not holly grail, unless it's the taiwan bootleg.

Over the past few years a number of the forum members have been burned badly by other forum members in trading and the buying and selling of items.

Coming in here offering to keep an eye out for holy grails is an admirable thing if you do have good intentions, but you must understand everyone's hesitance after there has been trouble with long standing members of the MW community.

You currently have no reputation for us to trust in because you're new here.  People will be hesitant to trust in you until we get to know you and your reputation develops.  Being so defensive won't help you.

As for holy grails... Uh, I already have a gold book and the psoter with it, but I don't care about the film piece.  I already have the LE CMs corporation series 1 Minmay and Hikaru (although Hikaru is missing his hair *sigh*).

338486[/snapback]

The way you have put it is civil and understandable, and I agree with you 100% except for one thing. Keeping ones composure while answering others civil or harassing post replies is not being defensive. I’ve only responded to unfriendly accusations which I’m sure most people would do. I just don’t make it personal or start name-calling, That it what I’ve been doing since my first post and I will keep on being that way.

Edited by SaveRobotech

thankfully I have some of my "holy grails" already so I'll go with the ones I don't have...

1/55 frenchy boxed

1/55 matsushiro vf-1j brit release

1/55 bandai ve-1 elintseeker boxed

1/55 bandai vt-1 super ostrich boxed

1/55 takatoku max boxed

1/55 takatoku milla boxed

and a ride armor for fun once I have all the 1/55

AND the joon's 1a DOES NOT EXIST until I see pics of it.

don't take these fools comments personally SaveRobotech. They tried to get me involved in one of the robotech vs macross battles years ago and I had to point out I really couldn't care which... it's all about the toys for me. All I know is this site tolerates my drunken ramblings much better than robotech.com. I've never been baned from here :rolleyes:

Geez....everyone ease up on SaveRobotech. The guy hasnt done anything wrong. Come guys, bitch on an issue when its actually actual, unless there is good cause to do so. Its wrong to change the topic issue into a personal attack.

I may get alot of flack on this, but i love Robotech because of all the happy childhood memories but i also love Macross for what it is. Dissing a new member who has the word "Robotech" in his screenname is just low.

Just my two cents.

- Jin

yeah, there is a lot of stuck upness in this forum. Especially the older members. Its the good ol boy sindrome. I have also noticed that everybody thinks by making a little extra money makes you an assss. Most people on this forum are cheap, and expect you to spend you valuable free time to find them stuff so they dont have to pay ebay prices. Just find the stuff in Japan while you are there, and sell it on ebay. Its more fair for you, you will get what stuff is actually worth, and get buyers that appreciate your help.

Of course my comments are not geared to anyone in particular, just an overall consensus of what I have noticed on these forums. :blink:

For the record, I was just joking about having the Yakuza break his knees... sorry if what I said started that whole snowball. Then again, these issues were all bound to come up eventually so maybe it's good to have these things out early.

I’m curious and wanted to ask what would members consider to be their top 5 hardest to find Macross items. List in order of 1 to 5, 1 being your Holly Grail and 5 being a difficult find. More than 5 is ok. List any type of Macross related item except for animation cels. Most cels are usually only one of a kind.

You can also list the same for Southern Cross, and Mospeada items too.

337872[/snapback]

It's too late. Once a thread has drifted off-topic, only the mightiest of wills can force it back on-topic.

Soon it will move into a discussion of AgentONE's biceps. And the governator's acting. That is the way of all threads here on MacrossWorld.

338378[/snapback]

HAHAHA, the holy whatever for my Macross collection was my conan sword.

I was pretty much indestructible before I had the sword, but now I could take on Jesus.

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?...ndpost&p=320827

1. 1/72 I.H.P SWA-XI "Schneeblume" Variable resin kit (My fav VF, should have been used in Mac Zero as the VF-0).

337908[/snapback]

Is that what this is?

spring-cm-page7.jpg

I wasn't familiar with the Scheeblume and I have several IHP kits so I went digging here on MW and found the above. I must have missed it the first time. Is that really an IHP kit? Must know more...

Carl

Hi there Carl!! Yes, both the SW-XAI and SW-XAII are 1/72 IHP kits. The Schneeblume is very similar to the VF-0. In the Macross time line it's an advanced fighter developed in 2040 to replace the VF-17.

Now, about the kits, I've been looking both for two years now. I don't even know if IHP made a production run of them. I had an email translated to Japanese to contact IHP and never got a response...

Here are some pics of the SW-AXI

post-557-1129927751_thumb.jpg

post-557-1129927841_thumb.jpg

post-557-1129927977_thumb.jpg

Hi there Carl!! Yes, both the SW-XAI and SW-XAII are 1/72 IHP kits.  The Schneeblume is very similar to the VF-0. In the Macross time line it's an advanced fighter developed in 2040 to replace the VF-17.

Very cool info. Thanks. Now that I see it I have seen those SW-XAI pics before. For some reason I don't think I ever knew it was an IHP kit.

Now, about the kits, I've been looking both for two years now. I don't even know if IHP made a production run of them. I had an email translated to Japanese to contact IHP and never got a response...

Believe me that's very common. I've tried contacting them several times myself and only briefly years ago did I have indirect contact with them. My guess is these are kits they made specifically for those magazine shoots. IHP has done alot of that. For example, this kit never saw a production run:

cm_jun2001a3.jpg

They also made a very nice VT-1 kit that I can't seem to locate a picture of at the moment that never saw a production run. I wish they had left their old web page up. They took down alot of good stuff when they became Liquide Stone.

Here are some pics of the SW-AXI

338650[/snapback]

Thanks again for all the info. If you ever prove me wrong PLEASE let me know. I'd love to get my hands on those kits as well.

Carl

Edited by wwwmwww