Macross Holly Grail Items?

Save

Oh crap my co-worker just told me Mikimoto is doing a book signing here in Akihabara next weekend, but I guess he will only sign his Gundam Manga that was just released today

Actually he is a very nice guy and if he has the time he will sign whatever you have. I have met him twice at signings. The first time I got to talk with him privately. His English is pretty good as well. But he does have a VERY cute assistant who speaks english. :rolleyes:

Edited by samurai_m

Jesus, this forum sure it bitchy over nothing. If you guys get so worked up over someone’s name then a real world problem would surely kill you. Here's the place to talk about the HG/Robotech thing, no?

And it’s not like the guy is forcing you to buy from him.

As for top 5… My holly grail was a decent VF and I got more than that in my 1/48 but that SW-XAII sure looks hot. There was also the red and white valk I had when I was a kid (I think it was a small bootleg) which I would like to find again someday.

1. Decent VF- Done

2. Nameless bootleg valk

3. Decent Alpha (not yet invented, the soso MPC is overpriced)

4. Decent Southern Cross hover tank (not yet invented)

5. Decent Beta (not yet invented)

Nothing wrong with Robotech. It was a means to an end and it got a lot of us here. I know I wouldn't of bought all those nice things in 86 if it wasn't for Robotech (still miss the weekly trips to Books Nippon and Tomy Toys in DLA).

I just need one thing:

1/200 VF-1D Battriod (thought I bought one but it had the wrong kit in the box)

I worked as a project engineer, for an electrical engineering firm, for this particular project (the Beatification Program). This was all prior to the DNC Party arriving.

Lol, everytime I drove by LAX I thought, why did LA spend money on such a stupid ugly project. They should have spent the money on the Green Line diverting to LAX instead of ending up in Redondo Beach in the middle of nowhere (at Castle Golf, WTF).

Give the guy a break. Just because the handle name is some we dont like, dont take it out on him. People are entitled to their opinions. Frankly I have to say it was Robotech that turned me to Macross. Even though I knew the background and what Robotech really was of 3 series into one, I didnt care. Only till 3 yrs ago I turned into a Macross purist.

Just give it a rest. Give the guy a benefit of the doubt. He may or may not be MGREXX (AKA moron). Still we should be a little more mature and welcome new ppl. And now we are detracting from this thread...

Hell yeah. Now that we have the equivalent of "quartz perfection" with the Yamato valks, Valkyries in general are not as interesting to hunt down as rarities. I'm more interested in the funkier "cheapies" that still carry some of the spark that appealed to KIDS, especially the kid in me. The laser gun is definitely IT. Don't need the insanely unaffordable HELMET, with this, I can be Hikaru!

Well back on topic!

1. The Macross Gold Book is definitely an endangered species

2. Macross II techinical guides and series books

3. Macross Portfolio (I have one, but haven't seen one for sale in years!)

I have a few non-macross related items, but they are off topic so I won't mention them here. :p

Welcome SaveRobotech. Interesting posts everyone.

As for the holy grails... already got the Gold Book and some production cels from DYRL and the tv series. For myself actual production cels are the holy grail, especially from Flashback. I can get most of the other stuff, i.e. toys, it all depends on how much I want to spend. Cels however are extremely rare and many have been destroyed or locked away imprisoned in private collections for decades... never to see the light or day and/or be shown online. To each their own.... :p

Welcome SaveRobotech. Interesting posts everyone.

As for the holy grails... already got the Gold Book and some production cels from DYRL and the tv series. For myself actual production cels are the holy grail, especially from Flashback. I can get most of the other stuff, i.e. toys, it all depends on how much I want to spend. Cels however are extremely rare and many have been destroyed or locked away imprisoned in private collections for decades... never to see the light or day and/or be shown online. To each their own.... :p

342167[/snapback]

True enough. Cels could be considered the rarest of the rare.

Since they are limited in quantity and as you say too often collectors don't display them or even digitize them for their own viewing... :rolleyes:

I think pretty much most of the stuff you guys think is rare isnt really rare. I have seen most of the stuff mentioned first hand.

anyway the most rare would be prototypes that never came to be.

Liek the 1/55 reissue with new head sculpts

1/55 tomahawk prototype

and the elusive 3' long macross prototype in bandai headquarters.

oh and then of course all the prototypes from pictures like the real 1/55 VF-1D

haha, I kinda agree with solscud about the rare stuff you guys listed, but I don't agree with him on the stuff he listed. The stuff he listed didn't even make it to production, so I say it doesn't really count, because those items were unattainable. I know one of us has it here because of an inside source that he had. Something that was hella rare and attainable was the beta tread, but that's not macross.

dumbass... I'm really trying not to antagonize you, but you're so bent on being defensive that it makes me more and more suspicious.

338481[/snapback]

I was about to say the same. I all but didn't mind him untill he got so defensive.

My "Holy Grail" items are a cell of the bridge crew, an animefriend cell of Millia and a cell of Minmay singing on stage during her premiere. No, I won't share them because I'm afraid I may somehow ruin them.

dumbass... I'm really trying not to antagonize you, but you're so bent on being defensive that it makes me more and more suspicious.

338481[/snapback]

That's pretty unfair. He's hardly "bent on being defensive". I actually see more folks focused on raising suspicions and making unflattering and unqualified assumptions because of his screen name than I see him going out of his way to defend himself. His reaction and response is perfectly composed, reasonable, and expected, and I'm actually surprised he's even put up with us this far.

Sorry, but I'm going to have to call it as it is. Bringing up valid questions is one thing. But bringing forth accusatory comments without qualifying them and then picking out someone's sig (a sig that wouldn't be very effective if he was actually trying to scam us) and calling him a "dumba**" when he's at least appears to be making every effort to remain civil and answer questions isn't really exactly being unantagonistic. :rolleyes:

338481[/snapback]

I was about to say the same. I all but didn't mind him untill he got so defensive.

My "Holy Grail" items are a cell of the bridge crew, an animefriend cell of Millia and a cell of Minmay singing on stage during her premiere. No, I won't share them because I'm afraid I may somehow ruin them.

342773[/snapback]

not even a picture with no flash? Are you one of those african tribal people who believe the camera will steal away your soul? haha j/k :lol: but seriously if you control the lighting and take a picture without a flash it should be ok. unless you dont have a digital camera.

Well the idea of the "Holy Grail" is that it's an item that was available once but has either become lost or very rare.

Unreleased toys and prototypes are kind of off topic IMO.

Unless you are well connected, you can't get them and considering prototypes are often only 1 or 2, then that makes it even less likely anyone can get a picture of them, nevermind a copy....

The term "Holy Grail" item is completely subjective. It could be something so rare or elusive we're not even sure it exists (like the real holy grail or the prototypes referenced earlier. It could be something we know exists and quest for zealously but seemingly to no avail (like a fundamentalist crusader or some of the models and extremely rare items listed here). It could be something more figurative than literal, something that is just a pain in the arse to find. I think it was SaveRobotech's intention to find out what items we would like but are a pain in the arse to find. He is in anime's Jerusalem and wanted to know what relics he should be looking for. He doesn't want a list of things he could never find.... although that stuff is always fun to hear about also.

when danger reared it's ugly head

sir robin bravely turned and fled

brave

brave

brave

brave sir robin

I want a holy hand grenade :rolleyes:

I have most of my "holy" macross relics and now I find myself deciding to liquidate all my macross toys in an attempt to keep my dream car or ebaying my camaro to a better home... "where's the sobbing emoticon?"

anybody want to buy a kidney? type b-

interesting thread, god i think almost any macross item to me is a holy grail since the only things i really have are just posters... ive been drooling over the 1/48's for sometime now.

BTW wheres SaveRobotech, it seems his replies aren't coming in anymore? you guys sure gave him a few rounds :p

interesting thread, god i think almost any macross item to me is a holy grail since the only things i really have are just posters... ive been drooling over the 1/48's for sometime now.

Bah. Who needs 1/48s when you have a Jetfire with authentic canine-inflicted battel damage?

is this where I pull a jedi mind trick on Kanata and try to convince him to sell me his Macross stuff so that he could keep his Camaro?

PS- I sold off a road race Corvette that was about half-way done not too long ago. Race built 383 with Lingenfelter fuel injection equipment and a rumble scary enough to give children nightmares. I find Macross collecting to put me much closer to a state of Zen than cars ever did. Nothing but headaches and bloody knuckles... but I do miss it sometimes.

is this where I pull a jedi mind trick on Kanata and try to convince him to sell me his Macross stuff so that he could keep his Camaro?

PS- I sold off a road race Corvette that was about half-way done not too long ago.  Race built 383 with Lingenfelter fuel injection equipment and a rumble scary enough to give children nightmares.  I find Macross collecting to put me much closer to a state of Zen than cars ever did.  Nothing but headaches and bloody knuckles... but I do miss it sometimes.

343650[/snapback]

Bloody knuckles and constant cursing. I haven't restored a vehicle in a couple of years now. I really miss doing that. :rolleyes:

I was actually contemplating the purchase of 1966 Ford Failane GTA, from a friend.

Bah. Who needs 1/48s when you have a Jetfire with authentic canine-inflicted battel damage?

343641[/snapback]

:lol::lol::lol:

I've got a few chewed parts in my bits box. Maybe I should start a "show pics of your most abused 1/55" thread :lol:

hey nightmareB4macross

a friend of mine has a Failane in his back yard that you could probably get cheap ;)

• 3 months later...

THE NAME SAVE ROBOTECH IS OFFENSIVE ? ! ?

Wow. You are so right. The name "save robotech" may be offensive to someone, somewhere.

In fact, I am sure ANY our names will offend SOMEONE out there in the world. I vote for not using names in our civilized sociotey. What's a name other than a label?

But, let us embrace a quote from the holy grail a moment, just for an anaology.

"What are we going to call her then, hey you?" -Scott Bernard (That was from show called Robotech, by the way). And, yes, I am laying on the sarcasum pretty thick.

Save_robotech is one of three Macross World fans who have constantly bent over backwards to help me out since I joined. Not just me, but countless other acts of kindness to many, many Macross World members. Before you go around pointing fingers at someone's name, ask yourself what ACTIONS have you done to be a model citizen other than POINT FINGERS and cry?

If actions speak louder than words, save_robotech is an opera singer and you are mute.

Wait...was that offensive? :huh: Sorry to compare you to an opera singer, save_robotech.

Bryan Davis, out.