1/55's revisited

kanata67

Anyone care to post their 1/55 collection in the existing thread? kanata67? :)

337674[/snapback]

which existing thread? I didn't want to post to many pics even though I cropped them I still hate using up server space. Oh well a few more pics won't hurt.

jetfire with unfolded flap crease mint. Actually I need a friggin g1 catalog :blink:

well... I would have posted the pic but I didn't crop it enough it seems. Where a good free place that hosts pics?

maybe this pic will work... nope

thank god for backpage

maybe this one...

nope... not that one either... :huh:

looks like no collection pics till I find a host. HEre's a pic of the saddest 1/55 to ever make it's way into my hands.

Wow !!

I feel happy that I have a Matsu almost completely white. Just missing the box the inserts the gun the armor.... just needs a clean (hes dirty) and some new stickers.

The only yellowing bits are the the middle leg bits an easy fix I think.

Edited by big F

bandai 1/55 1d strike :D

339000[/snapback]

Whhooooaah!! THAT's impressive. Is the quality of that boot on par with the other Joons's? VERY nice find, dude. :)

339016[/snapback]

actually it's a bandai that somebody customed and sold on ebay. I threw it in as a joke... kinda like the joon's ve :rolleyes:

pics of the mystery taka [finally]

338986[/snapback]

Nice collection Kanata67.

I think this was repaired using a taka inner-backplate. It could have been that the original was broken during transformation or that someone is just playing a cruel joke. From your picture, weren't all the taka and bandai screws black? I don't seem to recall any white metal screws on anything but the boots.

maybe found a host... I forgot all about my tripod site :rolleyes:

most of the 1/55s

col155shelfs.jpg

misc bots

colbotcase.jpg

another view of the 1/55 case... rooms to small for a real pic

collarge.jpg

more stuff

collooseshelf.jpg

close up on my undead... bodies stacked on bodies...

crowd1.jpg

edit in...

Oh yeah... now I remember why I haven't used tripod in years :rolleyes:

try direct http://kanata67.tripod.com/macross_stuff/index.album?i=2

just won this on ebay... wonder what it is

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...AMEWN%3AIT&rd=1

Edited by kanata67

joon's patriot [anglebirds?????]

338993[/snapback]

Hey Kanata, in case you didn't know, most if not all of the Joon's Patriot VF-1J's had the head/neck mount assembled incorrectly from the factory. That's why the Patriot has the whole Giraffe thing going on. I used to own a few that I eventually customized but while they were still Joon's I detached the head/neck mount and reassembled it correctly. Basically, the spring is put between the neck mount and the head as opposed to inside the neck mount like it was designed to be. Just thought that I'd point it out to ya.

Valkfan

338993[/snapback]

Hey Kanata, in case you didn't know, most if not all of the Joon's Patriot VF-1J's had the head/neck mount assembled incorrectly from the factory. That's why the Patriot has the whole Giraffe thing going on. I used to own a few that I eventually customized but while they were still Joon's I detached the head/neck mount and reassembled it correctly. Basically, the spring is put between the neck mount and the head as opposed to inside the neck mount like it was designed to be. Just thought that I'd point it out to ya.

Valkfan

339159[/snapback]

thanks for the heads up. Fixed that little problem. Surprised I never noticed that myself. Guess I should play with my boxed toys occasionally :blink:

11 minutes from valkfans post to a completed task... not bad for my hippe ass :lol:

Edited by kanata67

338993[/snapback]

Valkfan

339159[/snapback]

thanks for the heads up. Fixed that little problem. Surprised I never noticed that myself. Guess I should play with my boxed toys occasionally :blink:

11 minutes from valkfans post to a completed task... not bad for my hippe ass :lol:

339160[/snapback]

Hey Kanata, do you exchange the tailwings since they're all put in backwards or do you leave it as is?

Edited by Valkfan

338993[/snapback]

Valkfan

339159[/snapback]

339160[/snapback]

Hey Kanata, do you exchange the tailwings since their all put in backwards or do you leave it as is?

339168[/snapback]

:blink:

:blink::blink:

now i have to go look at the stupid toy again?!?! All joon's or just the patriot?

mine has blue inner and red outer... is that how it should be?

" now i have to go look at the stupid toy again?!?! All joon's or just the patriot?

mine has blue inner and red outer... is that how it should be?"

339173[/snapback]

All Joon's that I've ever touched originally had the tailwings placed in backwards and this is the reason that the tailwings stay loose when snapped into place in fighter mode. You'll notice that the tail wings have a flat side and a rounded side. The rounded side should always be placed as the inner wing. Kidkorrupt's old website has an illustration of the correct wing position here. Just click on "customization tips" on the left hand side and then "JOONS 1/55 BOOTLEG MODIFICATION ( BY ROSARIO LOVE )"

Valkfan

Edited by Valkfan

joon's ve

338994[/snapback]

this is really nice.....does this come with complete armor??? do you happen to have a 1:55 Super-O.....by the way great collection....!!!!

339210[/snapback]

As for the seeker... I got lucky and a member here sold me an original seeker he outbid me on when he no longer needed it. He even stripped the ragu colored paint off it nicely for me. It's a real bandai seeker but without a real box for it it's safer in the spare joon's box I had. The beer's set of f/p I have for it didn't quite fit in a re-issue box :rolleyes: . Here's a pic of the armor dry fitted on a cf. post-292-1130059009_thumb.jpg

as for a super o...

I managed to score a loose one on ebay real cheap because it was missing it's tail assembly. It wasn't broken in any way... just missing the tail assembly. Beer's super o' resin does fit in a reissue super box though :D

My original point in starting this thread was figuring out what I don't have rather than show off what I do have. I'll happily show case my collection in detail but I REALLY need to find a better picture hosting place than tripod and I don't want to waste MW's server space if I don't have to.

Edited by kanata67

I know there was a 1/55 with led's I have yet to aquire... supposedly...

till I have one in my possession I don't believe...

Oh yeah... whats a good site to host pics as I finally took pics of the valk and my collection..,. since people have been harrassing me about me jetfires :rolleyes:

338186[/snapback]

I have the led one. It is blister packed. The plastic is prolly second best to the Joons. No diecast. But the canopy is the key part. It is bootleged from the Reissue. So if you want a crystal clear canopy for your reissue with factory canopy lines, then that bootleg is the one you want. (I have one)

oh also the pic of the strike/mystery valk. I cant see clearly. On your digital camera use the "flower" feature it is for close up pics. Anyway how do you knwo someone didnt just use a takatoku back plate for that valk? you know frankenstien parts.

Edited by Solscud007

My original point in starting this thread was figuring out what I don't have rather than show off what I do have. I'll happily show case my collection in detail but I REALLY need to find a better picture hosting place than tripod and I don't want to waste MW's server space if I don't have to.

Hi Kanata,

Have you considered www.collectiondx.com? It's FREE and the folks who run it are great. :-)

Edited by drifand

Just out of interest how many of the various Genuine and bootleg 1/55`s are still made.

I know that the Bandai ones are made obviously but how bout some of the others.

Hopefully getting a Joons still in its box soon I would hate to think Im probably paying over the odds for something I could get retail.

Just out of interest how many of the various Genuine and bootleg 1/55`s are still made.

Hopefully getting a Joons still in its box soon I would hate to think Im probably paying over the odds for something I could get retail.

340174[/snapback]

First, the Genuine Bandai 1/55's are no longer being made. If you want an almost genuine 1/55 currently in production, it would be the Happwell version below. Unfortunately, I don't know where you can get one. The local Walmart used to carry Happywell products but never the 1/55 valkyries. As for the others, it would seem that only the $5 carded bootlegs and the seemingly better quality LED light versions are currently being made.

post-592-1130475861_thumb.jpg

This is the LED VF-1A that I want. I found this picture in the completed items section on eBay and have wanted one ever since.

340298[/snapback]

Same here. That is the carded version, I think most people are talking about. I honestly think there was never a red 1A boxed joons.

Hi Kanata,

Have you considered www.collectiondx.com? It's FREE and the folks who run it are great. :-)

340083[/snapback]

I got this requirement while trying it out...

"2-5 photographs of your collection, in .JPG format. The image size should be no larger than 500 pixels wide, and be no more than 40k in size. "

problem is even croped low res I'm well above 40k. Maybe 400k I could do but not 40.

I want a red carded boot to looking at it. Is it better than the el-cheapo all plastic with the blue boosters? The el-cheapo isn't even good for parts :blink:

a grey taiwan... damn... yet another one I need.

big F Posted Yesterday, 02:23 PM

I do not believe anything is currently in production besides "possibly" the galaxy defender and the carded ones. As for overpaying for a joon's... you probably are. I started collecting bootlegs because there was no way I could afford the good originals. I simply refused to pay more than the price of a re-issue for something of inferior quality. I think the most I spent on a boot was $100 for my taiwan super AND my boot strike. I normally spent less than $40 for my boots. When I only need one or two I might be willing to spend more just to end this nightmare, but until then...

but seriously...you can get a re-issue super of ebay for $80... I wouldn't spend more than that for a bootleg unless you were a completist hippie retard who had waaaaay to much money. I myself am a completist hippie retard on a very limited budget who has patience...

Hi Kanata,

340083[/snapback]

I got this requirement while trying it out...

"2-5 photographs of your collection, in .JPG format. The image size should be no larger than 500 pixels wide, and be no more than 40k in size. "

problem is even croped low res I'm well above 40k. Maybe 400k I could do but not 40.

I want a red carded boot to looking at it. Is it better than the el-cheapo all plastic with the blue boosters? The el-cheapo isn't even good for parts :blink:

a grey taiwan... damn... yet another one I need.

big F Posted Yesterday, 02:23 PM

I do not believe anything is currently in production besides "possibly" the galaxy defender and the carded ones. As for overpaying for a joon's... you probably are. I started collecting bootlegs because there was no way I could afford the good originals. I simply refused to pay more than the price of a re-issue for something of inferior quality. I think the most I spent on a boot was $100 for my taiwan super AND my boot strike. I normally spent less than $40 for my boots. When I only need one or two I might be willing to spend more just to end this nightmare, but until then...

but seriously...you can get a re-issue super of ebay for $80... I wouldn't spend more than that for a bootleg unless you were a completist hippie retard who had waaaaay to much money. I myself am a completist hippie retard on a very limited budget who has patience...

340373[/snapback]

I feel happy as I paid just over $30 ( converted )

Yeah I have seen some go for mad prices over the years

My Local-ish Manga store sells reissues for £70 which is about $125 U.S

Thats what I call mad prices.

O.k now that I have 5 JF`s and 3 bootlegs I need to start taking stock

I have noticed that there are many differences between the Jetfires leg parts are one area also the back plates where the Bandai or Matsu logos are, the thigh parts are also sometimes different.

Is there somewhere that has pictures of whats what.

What I mean is as Im customing some of my Jetfires (inc Propper noses) the last thing I want to do is mess up a rarer or older one as they/it may be harder to replace should I need to. The goal is to put my brothers one (the first one) back into a box and put all inserts etc back into it as new. He needs a clean up some yellowing but nothing to difficult to sort then when it is finished I will give it back to my little  bro. He loves Macross not as much as me but is quite fond of his Jetfire. Hes 30 now  and everytime he comes round to my house checks up on his JF to make sure hes ok.

340452[/snapback]

Leg parts different??? I've never noticed that unless you mean with bootlegs, which don't normally have as much metal. Primary diference between jetfires is matsushiro or bandai. Matsu had slightly different head lasers and said "matsushiro" on the back plate on the reinforcing bar. Earlier bandais had "bandai" the same spot matsushiro had been. Later bandai's has bandai in a box below the reinforment bar on the back plate.

The diference between a vf and a jetfire is more complex. The nose cone of a vf is narrower than jetfires "child safe" blunted nose. Other than that the only difference would be the head and neck plate depending on which vf. Keep in mind I say this comparing jetfire only to matsu, bandai, and takatoku. The two exceptions are different wings on the seeker and ostrich.

with bootlegs the differences can be more extreme... From plastic instead of metal parts, mis-assembly, different screws, inferior head lasers, etc. As a rule parts can be swapped between all the boxed bootlegs fairly readily. I wouldn't recomened trying anything with the carded bootlegs. I haven't tried using mpc parts yet... anybody have a busted mpc they want to let me experiment with? :rolleyes:

which boot did you get? I should have specified that $40 was for boxed boot's... I have yet to see carded one worth more than $10... barely. U can use the boosters off one on a real vf with a little work... but they are still crappy boosters at best.

O.k now that I have 5 JF`s and 3 bootlegs I need to start taking stock

I have noticed that there are many differences between the Jetfires leg parts are one area also the back plates where the Bandai or Matsu logos are, the thigh parts are also sometimes different.

Is there somewhere that has pictures of whats what.

What I mean is as Im customing some of my Jetfires (inc Propper noses) the last thing I want to do is mess up a rarer or older one as they/it may be harder to replace should I need to. The goal is to put my brothers one (the first one) back into a box and put all inserts etc back into it as new. He needs a clean up some yellowing but nothing to difficult to sort then when it is finished I will give it back to my little  bro. He loves Macross not as much as me but is quite fond of his Jetfire. Hes 30 now  and everytime he comes round to my house checks up on his JF to make sure hes ok.

340452[/snapback]

Leg parts different??? I've never noticed that unless you mean with bootlegs, which don't normally have as much metal. Primary diference between jetfires is matsushiro or bandai. Matsu had slightly different head lasers and said "matsushiro" on the back plate on the reinforcing bar. Earlier bandais had "bandai" the same spot matsushiro had been. Later bandai's has bandai in a box below the reinforment bar on the back plate.

The diference between a vf and a jetfire is more complex. The nose cone of a vf is narrower than jetfires "child safe" blunted nose. Other than that the only difference would be the head and neck plate depending on which vf. Keep in mind I say this comparing jetfire only to matsu, bandai, and takatoku. The two exceptions are different wings on the seeker and ostrich.

with bootlegs the differences can be more extreme... From plastic instead of metal parts, mis-assembly, different screws, inferior head lasers, etc. As a rule parts can be swapped between all the boxed bootlegs fairly readily. I wouldn't recomened trying anything with the carded bootlegs. I haven't tried using mpc parts yet... anybody have a busted mpc they want to let me experiment with? :rolleyes:

which boot did you get? I should have specified that $40 was for boxed boot's... I have yet to see carded one worth more than $10... barely. U can use the boosters off one on a real vf with a little work... but they are still crappy boosters at best.

340614[/snapback]

Actually, there are various differences between all the makes listed above...

- The back pack, has panel lines on the top (jet mode), it varies between makes. Some Bandais have it others don't

- The back plate, there are three rectangular acces panels on the back, the smallest one sometimes does and sometimes does not have three lines going through it.

- Some have tabs in sandwiched in the wing sweep area that allows a full forwad sweep or a limited sweep.

-On the chestplate, the two small tapeziods are different depending on the maker. Sometimes the maker retools these and the shapes are varied by size and angle.

-Rear landing gear covers, both legs, sometimes the covers are molded with eigth dots on the inside, or one big divet.

-Above the black part on the knees, some have two trapeziods, others don't.

There are other minor details...I could go on and on. :rolleyes:

Edited by nightmareB4macross

Ok The differences I have noticed (there are probably others) are as follows

All these are for VF1 S types dealing with the various Jetfires I have, not bootlegs. Bootlegs is a whole other area I currently only have 3 of them anyway 2 Joons both VF1J`s and one of those Galaxy ones.

Head antennas

jfants.JPG

Normal common type Jetfire

and then the Matsushiro type. Which I prefer.

matsuhead.JPG

and just for example the Galaxy thingie one

bootleg.JPG

Ok onto the reinforcement part (under the wings)

Here we have the Bandai type with a block

bandaiback.JPG

and now the Matsushiro one

matsushiro.JPG

There is another Bandai type but I dont think I have one of them. If I suddenly find I do have one I will post its image.

Wings

All jetfires have the same wings except the Matsushiro ones which as Kanata said come with a transfer or a sticker on, mine has the sticker

matsushiro2.JPG

and now on to the legs

This has to do with the horizontal stripe on the lower leg some have them all the way round some dont

front image of leg with stripe

legstripe.JPG

nostripe front

nostripefront.JPG

no stripe back

nostripeback.JPG

stripeback

stripeback.JPG

The stripe is always present on the side of the metal parts.

Edited by big F

Thigh parts

Some of them come with the little trapezoids some dont.

without

thighno.JPG

with

thighyes.JPG

Canopies

Some are clear some are clearish some are almost smoked

Clear

clearcanopy.JPG

Clearish is just somewhere in between clear and smoked

Smoked

smokecanopy.jpg

All of the ones I have importted fromthe U.S have had clear canopies where as all the U.K ones are smoked

Other than that there does not seem to be any fast and simple rule.

The other Bandai type

squarebandai.JPG

Any more info wil be added to this post if and when I get it.

Edited by big F