Where in the world are you?

EXO

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Greetings.. Your newest member here

I'm from Sidoarjo, East Java province, Indonesia

currently working my VF-8 Silmeria

http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb254/S...F-8Silmeria.png

... she will become a space complement for my Suzaku Class.. Space Battleship...

http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb254/S...thAlphaUnit.png

• 2 weeks later...

native oregonian, born in Portland, Ore, and spent my childhood there, been stuck in the nowheresville hellhole Hermiston, Ore. area for the last fifteen years. currently residing in Umatilla, Ore, just outside of Hermiston. wanna go back to my hometown of Portland BAD. i got my very first taste of MACROSS up there, back in 1993/94, at a hobby shop called MILITARY CORNER/Bridgetown Hobbies. found a 1/100 ARII VF-IJ HIKARU GERWALK mode kit, and i instantly became a MACROSS fan, and, by extension, an Anime fan, all in the same day...

Edited by Shaorin

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Where in the world are you?

honestly, you DON'T want to know.

well, if you absolutely have to know, i'm currently stuck in a dingy little dive of a township called UMATILLA,

clean smack in the middle of the ass-end of the pacific-northwestern state of OREGON.

on a lighter note, i happen to be a native of PORTLAND, the biggest city in OREGON, sister city of a city in japan (i forget which)

and a somewhat-major inlet to the U.S. for asian imports shipped by ocean container.

i make trips up there about once or more a year, for medical appointments up

at the OHSU hospital/medical university campus situated atop "Pill Hill"

and we also get visit my grandma while we're at it.

occasionally we stop at AUDIO SPECIALTIES, LTD. a used Hi-Fi stereo shop,

so i can get my vintage home audio fix.

other times we swing by THINGS FROM ANOTHER WORLD,

a shop that specializes in Anime and American Comics goods.

there's less of a need to go there anymore, however, as EBAY

is a FAR more efficient source of Otaku desires.

it is still fun to drop by AUDIO SPECIALTIES once in a while, though.

sometimes i get to catch an in-the-flesh glimpse of some pretty slick Hi-Fi gear

that i'd otherwise only be able to see via the (usually) tiny, low-quality shots on EBAY...

Edited by Shaorin

honestly, you DON'T want to know.

well, if you absolutely have to know, i'm currently stuck in a dingy little dive of a township called UMATILLA,

clean smack in the middle of the ass-end of the pacific-northwestern state of OREGON.

on a lighter note, i happen to be a native of PORTLAND, the biggest city in OREGON, sister city of a city in japan (i forget which)

and a somewhat-major inlet to the U.S. for asian imports shipped by ocean container.

i make trips up there about once or more a year, for medical appointments up

at the OHSU hospital/medical university campus situated atop "Pill Hill"

and we also get visit my grandma while we're at it.

occasionally we stop at AUDIO SPECIALTIES, LTD. a used Hi-Fi stereo shop,

so i can get my vintage home audio fix.

other times we swing by THINGS FROM ANOTHER WORLD,

a shop that specializes in Anime and American Comics goods.

there's less of a need to go there anymore, however, as EBAY

is a FAR more efficient source of Otaku desires.

it is still fun to drop by AUDIO SPECIALTIES once in a while, though.

sometimes i get to catch an in-the-flesh glimpse of some pretty slick Hi-Fi gear

that i'd otherwise only be able to see via the (usually) tiny, low-quality shots on EBAY...

I am a member of Steve Hoffmans Forum, I also live in Oregon, and collect vintage, low quality audio equipment. Because of only a few dollars in my pocket, I can only afford Pioneer. It's really cheap, sounds so so, but I can buy so much of it. I do make my own dolls, and by dress parts at Wally Brysons, located in Downtown Portland.

Hello to all, what a wonderful place, may Mohammad be with you all.

Whoops, forgot to swing by here when I signed up!

Osaka Japan, and here for good. I have a Japanese family(wonderful wife and awesome step-son) so I don't plan to go back to my native midwest (college in Chamapaign-Urbana, lived in Chicago and a tiny town ironically named Metropolis at the other end of Illinois) except for somewhat rare trips to visit.

Got my start in Macross from Robotech(don't make that face!) and don't consider myself tainted in any way.

Truth be told Robotech was much better than most of the other anime that had been brought to the states at that point(watching old Battle of the Planets or Starblazers episodes makes me want to hit myself in the head with a brick until the pain stops :wacko: )

When I came to Japan I didn't go crazy and get into otaku life. I really tried to get into the real culture of Japan, but when I met the woman I decided to spend my life with, she loved that I understood and was interested in Japanese pop culture because that was my in to bond with her(now our) son.

My resurgent interest in Macross is directly due to Macross Frontier and Macross Chronicle.

Money is tight in this economy(I teach preschool), but my wife doesn't begrudge me my bi-weekly magazine, or the occasional plastic model or box of trading cards.

Macross was my first anime love. Oh, over the years it was replaced by Bubble Gum Crisis, and late Evangelion, but you never forget your first. And now I have come back, have seen all the series, and happy that its such a great time to be a macross fan.

Wow, probably too much information for a 'where are you' thread, but now you know.

And in this case, knowing is the entire battle, so DIS-missed! B))