Star Wreck

wwwmwww

Anyone here seen this yet?

http://www-fi3.starwreck.com/

I've read several very good things about it and I was debating about simply ordering the DVD as opposed to trying to download 554Mb. However to be honest their ordering page is Greak to me:

http://www-fi1.starwreck.com/dvd/

Actually I assume its Finnish but that doesn't help me much as I don't see Finnish listed here:

http://babelfish.altavista.com/

Anyone know of another good translation site I could use? If you've seen this is it worth getting the DVD?

Carl

Downloading it now. Will let you know. Looks kind of stupid though, if you ask me. And they do not ship to the United States, possibly because of the ramifications of getting sued by Paramount Pictures.

Edit: English page for ordering stuff: http://www-fi1.starwreck.com/dvd/index_e.html.

Edited by Noriko Takaya

It was actually pretty funny, but you have to make allowances for the acting.  The end fight scenes were absolutely 100% hollywood class.  I'd download it just for that.

337170[/snapback]

Amen to that. Just finished watching it myself. Great stuff. I found myself laughing quite a bit. Download it now.

Great movie. Battles were very well done. Actually very cool of them to offer bittorrent downloads for the movie themselves. The CG is top class. Some funny moments, some meh, but everall worth checking out.

Just watched the trailer.  WTF?

337200[/snapback]

You'll get the same feeling after watching the whole movie....all ninety minutes of it. :blink::D

I actually can't believe I watched the whole thing. I downloaded it, started watching it just to see how tolerable it was, and found myself actually watching the whole bloody thing....around the hour mark was when I first realized how much I had invested in it.

The CGI ship work is excellent. The blue/greenscreen stuff is some of the best I've seen in a fan movie (there's a few occasions where it even doesn't look like such. The humor is....weird...might be funnier if I was Finnish, but there's enough enjoyable humor spaced around so that there's few dull moments. The parody aspect varies from inspired (I love the 'enemy' commander's method to dealing with things...perfectly fitting) to childish (the parody names, for example). The acting is...well, still amateur and fan-film quality, but I did like that there's obvious invested personality thrown in...most fan films either have wooden reading or completely hammed-up overblown acting. This has that from a few participants, but overall I think the actors had fun and throw their hearts earnestly into it. Some of the sets could've used work, but we're talking an fan-film budget, so one has to make due.

The story? As mentioned above, it's darn right weird....if you haven't heard the details of the plot, you'll find yourself on a trip where you really have no idea where the destination lies. It's almost like running to get into a taxi and accidentally getting into the backseat of a car full of drunken sci-fi Finns who are determined to take some haphazard tour of your local state/province...and not necessarily via roads. If that sounds like it might be at least a little fun, then this video is for you. :D

Just watched the trailer. WTF?!

Took me a sec to get over some parts, like: gotta watch a couple of times so as to get the gist of what's being said without losing too many background details; and is that guy playing "Wharf" in...blackface?! :blink: It's like they knew the makeup was bad....and they just. didn't. care!

Interesting casting choices, to be sure... :wacko: Still, the quality and apparent effort shows that some folks have way too much free time on their hands. :lol: Looks like it ought to be pretty funny. The space battles are dang cool.

Edited by reddsun1

• 9 years later...

It might be the tenth anniversary but it is the 20th anniversary of "Star Wreck: Hopefully the Last Generation", my own comic strip parody of Star Trek, which is a segment in a comic book I made in 1995. Never published it, though. :p One of these days I might scan it and upload it, I'm sure a copy is still somewhere in my mum's house....

Actually, I just remembered -- in it, I have an in-joke where Picard is talking to Worf about how he once played Professor Egg-savier in the live-action X-Men movie: this of course was half a decade before Patrick Stewart did just that.

Man, such visionary potential... what the hell happened? :lol:

oi. i just never liked how... dislikeful they were about 'Merica. Otherwise it was a hoot in it's day. I thought they came out with a version with ships de UPF'd so Paramount would not bother them?