Japanese whiz aims for space -- in cartoon uniform

WOW!!!

He wants to be dressed as Char Aznable when he makes the flight. :o

I wonder if the Russians have a Red Sazabi hidden somewhere for him? :ph34r:

Sigh!!! I wish he would wear something like Isamu Dyson's flight suit though. :unsure:

Edited by grss1982

If you're paying that much to go up into space, you should be able to wear whatever the hell you want...wonder if he's going to have them play Char's theme while he's floatin'....

Edited by Keith

When I read this at first I was really laughing and the same time I had CCA theme playing in my head.

Funny I knew some how sooner or later this would happen but not like that but taking a little famous franchise item like an action figure or a portable gaming device.

More !

I wonder what Tomino-san and Shuichi Ikeda would say.

Edited by Black Valkyrie

Is it any wonder that "normal" people have a very low, sometimes hostile, often dismissive, and always unflattering opinion of sci-fi and anime fans? Why doesn't he go as Anavel Gato instead, with pink on pink flight suit and all...the "gayness" would thus be complete.

The only way this could be any more idiotic would be for him to dress up in a sailor moon outfit, or dare I say it...Man Faye. :blink:

Edited by mechaninac

Is it any wonder that "normal" people have a very low, sometimes hostile, often  dismissive, and always unflattering opinion of sci-fi and anime fans?  Why doesn't he go as Anavel Gato instead, with pink on pink flight suit and all...the "gayness" would thus be complete.

The only way this could be any more idiotic would be for him to dress up in a sailor moon outfit, or dare I say it...Man Faye. :blink:

336011[/snapback]

I would pay to send man faye into space and have the vessal set a coarse into the sun.

Is it any wonder that "normal" people have a very low, sometimes hostile, often  dismissive, and always unflattering opinion of sci-fi and anime fans?  Why doesn't he go as Anavel Gato instead, with pink on pink flight suit and all...the "gayness" would thus be complete.

336011[/snapback]

I would pay to send man faye into space and have the vessal set a coarse into the sun.

336045[/snapback]

I'd rather it was the Goatse Guy.

If you think ManFaye is bad, it's only because you have not known true horror.

336011[/snapback]

336045[/snapback]

I'd rather it was the Goatse Guy.

If you think ManFaye is bad, it's only because you have not known true horror.

336049[/snapback]

I thought Goatse Guy was already dead.

Good job he dosnt want to dress as Minmay the zero G would play havoc with his dress.

Seriously though the sooner NASA and ESA and all the other space agencys start to realise that ordiary people want to go into space the sooner the goverments will give them more funding. More funding will mean more discoveries and more money input from private companies, this in turn will push the space race forward again. Some of us will then get that dream before we die. At the present rate ( no disrespect meant to anyone who has lost their life ) we will still be just sending astronauts up in orbit to stay in the I.S. or float arround in the Shuttles. While the rest of us just look on and remember the old days when guys walked on the moon after going there in something with less complex electronics that a modern family car.

Edited by big F

What I'm wondering about is the rocket he'll be on. Will it

- be painted bright red?

- have the Commander's Type antenna on it somewhere?

- and most importantly, will it then go 3x as fast as a normal Russian rocket?

:D

336171[/snapback]

No, No, and No... :lol: but one thing for sure, we will hear on the news...Seig Zeon!!!

What I'm wondering about is the rocket he'll be on. Will it

- be painted bright red?

- have the Commander's Type antenna on it somewhere?

- and most importantly, will it then go 3x as fast as a normal Russian rocket?

:D

336171[/snapback]

No, No, and No... :lol: but one thing for sure, we will hear on the news...Seig Zeon!!!

The paint job might be doable if someone's willing to pay the Russians for the paint and labor costs.

• 2 months later...