alternative 2 Yamato Display Stand?

anim3vboi

Hi, im probably one of the younger generation of macross fans, so i find the macross products EXTREMELY expenisve. I dont bolster a REALLY COOL macross collection jsut the ugly bandai vf-1a and a 1/48 vf-1a, but even if its not the greatest collection i want to put them up proudly =). Im just not willing to spend 40-50 bucks on the yamato display stand. Are there any cheaper no name brands that could do the same exact thing. Or a cheap alternative to making one? thanks.

:) Hi i'm new too

Welcome

first yes there are alternatives to the more expensive stands check them out at Valkyrie-exchange.com under the models section.

second i like the bandai old and new :D theres strong proud and wont snap under pressure. :lol:

Edited by Macross73

Hi, im probably one of the younger generation of macross fans, so i find the macross products EXTREMELY expenisve. I dont bolster a REALLY COOL macross collection jsut the ugly bandai vf-1a  and a 1/48 vf-1a, but even if its not the greatest collection i want to put them up proudly =). Im just not willing to spend 40-50 bucks on the yamato display stand. Are there any cheaper no name brands that could do the same exact thing. Or a cheap alternative to making one? thanks.

334834[/snapback]

You can get the flexi-stands. Three pronged acrylic stands. http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?...13599&hl=stands

at the bottom of the page is a picture of what it looks like. Hope that helps.

snip

Hi, im probably one of the younger generation of macross fans, so i find the macross products EXTREMELY expenisve. I dont bolster a REALLY COOL macross collection jsut the ugly bandai vf-1a  and a 1/48 vf-1a, but even if its not the greatest collection i want to put them up proudly =). Im just not willing to spend 40-50 bucks on the yamato display stand. Are there any cheaper no name brands that could do the same exact thing. Or a cheap alternative to making one? thanks.

334834[/snapback]

You can get the flexi-stands. Three pronged acrylic stands. http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?...13599&hl=stands

at the bottom of the page is a picture of what it looks like. Hope that helps.

snip

335559[/snapback]

According to Twin Moons, the company that made those has gone out of business and availability is limited to stock at hand.

If you do get the Plexi-Stands, be aware that it is difficult to pose a strike-valk if you're using 3 equal-length rods (each stand comes with 3 long rods to rest your toy on).

If you want to pose your Valk flying level, you're probably going to want 1 long rod (to go under the nose) and 2 short rods (support the legs/engines)

Look at my ... diagram...

/=----------------------------((+==(==           <<--- Strike pack!
           \=====================
                           <<<((((
         _____ /====================
---<<--------/----------------------
    ^             \\\===== \=====_________
Nose                          \\ \===============

^^^^ legs/thrusters

To get a pose like this, you'll need something like a 5" rod for the nose and 3" rods for the back.

• 2 weeks later...