LOST: Solution?

last nights episode was frakin awesome. My stomach was tied up in knots the whole time... both the flashback and the current storyline was freakin me out.

That and some good cappucino....

Seriously though... last week's episode was great... this one was awesome.

I thought it looked like a map too. Seeing the pic here, it's definitely the case, since it says (I am here) at the bottom. The symbol on the station at the upper left looks like a medical symbol, so that's probably where Claire, Danielle, and Kate went a few weeks back. Remember that when Jack, Locke & Sayid all explored the hatch at the beginning of the season, they found certain hallways were walled off. This might be the Xed out hallway. Perhaps all the stations have a tunnel leading to the center of the island, but they've all been sealed. Too bad we can't read any of the writing. Anybody with Tivo and HDTV have any better luck?

I'd be willing to bet that the blast doors dropped in relation to the resupply plane, but why? To keep the subjects inside in the dark about the resupply plane? A plane that no one out side on the island heard? Maybe there is no plane... that's why the hatch-dwellers aren't allowed out side?

And with "Henry" definitely an Other (no surprise there), I have to wonder if he even entered the code at all.

Good ep.

Edited by Kelsain

I'd be willing to bet that the blast doors dropped in relation to the resupply plane, but why? To keep the subjects inside in the dark about the resupply plane? A plane that no one out side on the island heard? Maybe there is no plane... that's why the hatch-dwellers aren't allowed out side?

If that were true, it would sure put some risk into the whole button-pressing issue; remember, that room was sealed off too. And what if they were outside at the time?

OMFGWTF?

So Dave was a figment of Hurley's imagination and Libby was also a patient at the same mental hospital?

Didn't Libby say she was a doctor or had medical training of some sort or something? Maybe Libby has a crazy twin sister who thinks she's Libby? I'm hella confused.

OMFGWTF?

So Dave was a figment of Hurley's imagination and Libby was also a patient at the same mental hospital?

Didn't Libby say she was a doctor or had medical training of some sort or something?  Maybe Libby has a crazy twin sister who thinks she's Libby?  I'm hella confused.

388277[/snapback]

Well, maybe she didn't work there like she said. ;) It will be interesting to see how this plays out.

Now we finally know the series-old question, now lets see if his weight changes now. :rolleyes:

She could still be a doctor, just that she went crazy at some point.

What I got from the endning was that it now explains, why Libby liked Hurley. She knew him from a long time ago.

OMFGWTF?

Didn't Libby say she was a doctor or had medical training of some sort or something?  Maybe Libby has a crazy twin sister who thinks she's Libby?  I'm hella confused.

388277[/snapback]

Well, maybe she didn't work there like she said. ;) It will be interesting to see how this plays out.

Now we finally know the series-old question, now lets see if his weight changes now. :rolleyes:

388345[/snapback]

So when he wakes up back in the mental ward he relizes hes an anorexic? :lol:

random thoughts:

Gotta give it to M Rod. She's been pretty patient with "Henry" even though she has every right to smoke his ass with everything the "Others" put her and the tailies through on the other side of the island.

Hurley kicking the crap out of Sawyer was hilarious.

Okay, so the ending was confirmation that this whole thing is just Hurley's psychotic delusion? I mean seriously, Dave says "Everything is related to people in the ward" and then we hear Libby saying "No, I'm not" only to realize at the end that she is??? That seriously could have been the series finale right there. Hurley is crazy and catatonic, the end. I think that may be the direction the show is going. We're going to get a series finale for each of the characters stretched out between episodes that disprove the other series finales. In the end it will be a kind of "choose your own ending." Is this just Hurley's whacked out dream or one of the other 16 (??) possible endings?

Okay, so the ending was confirmation that this whole thing is just Hurley's psychotic delusion?  I mean seriously, Dave says "Everything is related to people in the ward" and then we hear Libby saying "No, I'm not" only to realize at the end that she is???  That seriously could have been the series finale right there.  Hurley is crazy and catatonic, the end.  I think that may be the direction the show is going.  We're going to get a series finale for each of the characters stretched out between episodes that disprove the other series finales.  In the end it will be a kind of "choose your own ending."  Is this just Hurley's whacked out dream or one of the other 16 (??) possible endings?

388638[/snapback]

No, it's clearly a throw-off. I think this was one of the ideas going around for what "the Island" experience really was(that or Purgatory).

No, it's clearly a throw-off. I think this was one of the ideas going around for what "the Island" experience really was(that or Purgatory).

See, that's kinda what I'm saying though. Maybe we'll get similar "throw-offs" for all the characters. In the end we'll get the last character's "throw-off" and that'll be it for the show. Then the viewer will get to decide "Hmm, which throw-off do I find the most plausible?" It's just a theory for how they can maintain this show as just a serious mind-f*ck rather than actually concluding it or developing it in an at all linear fashion.

Okay, so the ending was confirmation that this whole thing is just Hurley's psychotic delusion?

388638[/snapback]

No, you've got it backwards. The last scene of the episode leads us to believe that "Dave" DOES NOT exist and NEVER existed in the first place so everything that is happening on the island IS happening on the island. Hurley is NOT in a catatonic state.

Libby, well that's another plot line that has to be explored in a future episode. If you recall, "Libby" was a brunette/redhead in the hospital; Libby is a blonde on the island.

Could "Libby" be Libby's crazy twin sister who thinks she's Libby? (Kinda cliched, but an idea I've been kicking around.)

or

Perhaps Libby suffered some kind of mental breakdown? If that really was Libby in the last scene, what I'm wondering is does Libby realize that she was in the same instituion as Hurley? And if she does, why doesn't she mention this to him?

Thomas - Claire's boyfriend, Aaron's father

Some theories:

- Several of his paintings look similar in style to the mural inside The Hatch. Bottles of artists acrylic paints are seen in both locations.

- The meaning of the name Thomas is "A Twin" in Greek, according to Babynames.com.

- Anagram of "To Sham"

- It has been noted that the actor who plays Thomas has similar looks to the actor who plays Henry Gale

More here.

Goddamn, I love this show.

• 3 weeks later...

OK, what the hell just happened?

SPOILERS BELOW!!!!

Is Michael:

1) Working with the Others,

2) Brainwashed/programmed by the Others (ie- that's why you could hear the gun shaking in his hand, because he couldn't stop what he was doing), or

3) Freeing Henry because he was told by the Others that he could have Walt back if Henry was freed?

BTW, do you think they killed off both Libby and Ana Lucia? I'm guessing Ana Lucia because this was the classic "The character's story is done" episode, in the sense that, in the flashback scenes, she finally stopped running from her demons and decided to go home.

Wow.

How many episodes are left in the season?

There are 2 episodes left I believe.

LOST is still an hour away here on the West Coast, but from the commercials I get the feeling Michael is in some way being manipulated by the Others if not outright working with them.

I've wanted to kick the crap out of him for the longest time. Am I alone here?

Come on 9pm!

***spoilers****

I believe michael killed them because he wanted to have an excuse to go kill The Other, with this it is most likely that they will go once and for all in a massive attack to rescue the ones kidnapped.

***end of spoilers******

I believe michael killed them because he wanted to have an excuse to go kill The Other, with this it is most likely that they will go once and for all in a massive attack to rescue the ones kidnapped.

It would seem to me that he actually shot himself, gave Henry the gun, and then let Henry escape. Then when the group gets there they find Michael injured, Anna dead, and the other girl near dead. Michael will be undone when that other girl (he thinks is dead) is nursed back to health.

That's my take on the ending there. Michael clearly has been manipulated, his child being used as bait, and his rhetoric being used to cause the beach crew to wander into the Others hands.

I did like when Hurley said he was gonna get so drunk he'd remember where he knew the girl from and she looked scared. "oh that's right, we know each other because we were both crazy... how exactly are you a shrink???"

Does it seem to anyone else that Jack's dad is a super major player in this whole mystery. A doctor with more going on than anybody knows about with connections all over the world and seems to have been in a position to know everyone on that airplane.

In a sense...they're all connected...

Whether AL or Libby are alive....I guess well find out next week. Otherwise...we'll only see them in flashbacks. As for Michael, I'm guessing he was "traded". He wants to be with his son, he'll get his chance if he allows Henry to return. I don't think he was planning on killing Libby or Ana Lucia but that's how it turned out. nothing much more to say about that. So I'm guessing he is working with the Others now, as an arrangement to see his son. The bull*hit he fed them about them living in tents....yeh sure...if they're living in tents, why do they have a boat?

I guess we'll hear about whether Michelle Rodriguez and Cynthia Watros will be returning next season within the next 2 weeks.

I'm pretty sure AL is dead. Didn't she slump over with her eyes open? Not sure...

I knew Micheal was lying about the boat. I guess I watch enough TV to know that they don't bring up stuff like that and not have it mean anything.

It would seem to me that he actually shot himself, gave Henry the gun, and then let Henry escape. Then when the group gets there they find Michael injured, Anna dead, and the other girl near dead. Michael will be undone when that other girl (he thinks is dead) is nursed back to health.

That's my take on the ending there. Michael clearly has been manipulated, his child being used as bait, and his rhetoric being used to cause the beach crew to wander into the Others hands.

I did like when Hurley said he was gonna get so drunk he'd remember where he knew the girl from and she looked scared. "oh that's right, we know each other because we were both crazy... how exactly are you a shrink???"

Does it seem to anyone else that Jack's dad is a super major player in this whole mystery. A doctor with more going on than anybody knows about with connections all over the world and seems to have been in a position to know everyone on that airplane.

396583[/snapback]

Yes I agree he Shot himself, and then probably killed the Other they had in prisioner and made it seem like it was self defense.

Yes I agree he Shot himself, and then probably killed the Other they had in prisioner and made it seem like it was self defense.

The problem with that theory is that you would first kill the prisoner and then shoot yourself. It'd take a pretty idiotic guy to shoot himself first and then attempt to kill another person. Nope, I think he shot himself, gave the other the gun, then collapsed to the ground. Don't forget, Henry lied about pretty much everything. There's no reason to believe the others would have killed him or that he was there to pick up the cripple.

For those popping to last post. . .

SPOILERS. . .

Darn it, my DVR missed what must have been the last 10 seconds. I saw Michael shoot AL and Libby. Then, he walked into the "armory" and Henry was looking at him. . . and that was it.

So, based on what you're all saying. . . I assume we then heard another shot but it isn't clear what exactly happened?

It seems pretty clear to me that Michael was brain-washed by the Others and that freeing Henry was the price for getting Walt back. But, if there is indeed some mysterious other gunshot, I guess that complicates things.

Gotta wait for the stream of it to be up before I can see that last 10 seconds.

The real pisser of all this is that it gives Jack yet another reason to not trust Lock. Why the hell Lock always needs to keep all these little secrets is just beyond me. He used to be my favorite character. But he's becoming more and more of a tool with every episode.

As for wanting to kick the crap out of Michael, I'm with you. He's been an unthinking hot-head since day one. I've always just wanted him to calm down and think for once. Though, I like the actor, the character is written very shallow and comes off as obnoxiously simple-minded and impulsive. Not to mention, I just watched the beginning of "Adrift" again and had to listen to him scream "Walt!. . . Walt!. . . Walt!. . . . Walt!. . . Walt!. . ." over and over again. It was on my iPod and I was bored.

H

Edited by Hurin

The problem with that theory is that you would first kill the prisoner and then shoot yourself. It'd take a pretty idiotic guy to shoot himself first and then attempt to kill another person. Nope, I think he shot himself, gave the other the gun, then collapsed to the ground. Don't forget, Henry lied about pretty much everything. There's no reason to believe the others would have killed him or that he was there to pick up the cripple.

396618[/snapback]

or maybe he let him get away, either way, I believe he is doing it on purpose as an excuse to go kill the others.

Edited by Ladic