TV Ghost - 1/72 model kit

honneamise

we are not worthy....

i'll finally have my all-time favorites in 1/72

cat's eye, dragon, monster and ghost!

this is truly a dream come true...

my last request will be for a stampede valk....

:)

OMG over 50 plus at least 2 for myself, guess I need to make 3 runs already. :o  :)

379323[/snapback]

At what point do you just outsource the casting to someone who does it full time? If it is too much you can go through Starship Modeler's services. I had to give up on the Galactica when I had over 150 requests. I just sold the pattern outright and that allowed me to move on to the next project.

Yeah, but 50 is a ton of work for a guy doing both mastering, pics, molding, casting, instructions, packaging and sales. If it weren't for Jesse, I'da given up offering any kits I made years ago. I really don't think the casual resin kit buyer has any idea how much work goes into it for him to have a copy in his hands. Many of these guys are just fans of a certain show and try to make fellow fans happy, which usually results in 'Are ya done yets' and 'that's too much money' types of comments.

And if the guy is doing everything, he's not mastering anything new.

Hi ain't got nothing else to do, right Thorsten? :)

379487[/snapback]

Haha, well sort of... on my to-do-list are: an architectural model (but a small one), two planes, one Rerry Rhodan (German SciFi novel series) spaceship I´m building for its designer and I´ll soon be working on a set of heads for 1/10 tank drivers. While that´s not exactly "nothing" I still do not work fulltime on these, so, as long as it doesn´t get too busy, I think I will do all the casting for the Ghost at home.

We´ll see how long I really LIKE it, the 20something castings for the Oberth didn´t bother me too much, but this time it is a lot more- not only more kits but more parts per kit as well.

Still, I´m more comfortable when I do the quality control myself. Of course Gundamhead is right, it takes an awful lot of time that could be spent on a new master, but on the other hand I like the thought that I did the whole project from start to finish. It´s over when the last box is shipped -if it takes longer I know it is just my fault, but I don´t have to wait for some other guy who will put it all on top of his own to-do-list and may take even longer at the end or deliver a sloppy job because he just wants to get it out of the way quickly.

Of course if I had to do this IN ADDITION to a fulltime job plus having 150 preorders like cobywan had with his Galactica (still need to get one, it is awesome) I would not hesitate to go and find a reliable caster!!

379487[/snapback]

one Rerry Rhodan (German SciFi novel series) spaceship I´m building for its designer

379735[/snapback]

OMG!

Dude you wouldn't believe how hard it is to get hooked up with PR in the States! Put up some images of that project and I'm sure you'll have people looking to buy a kit or 3.

379487[/snapback]

one Rerry Rhodan (German SciFi novel series) spaceship I´m building for its designer

379735[/snapback]

OMG!

Dude you wouldn't believe how hard it is to get hooked up with PR in the States! Put up some images of that project and I'm sure you'll have people looking to buy a kit or 3.

379747[/snapback]

There are really PR fans in the States?! And I thought that was just a German/maybe European thing - I was obviously wrong :) .

I´m no expert in these things but the ship I´m building is a 30m class Kaskaya "Class Small Corvette" called "Minor globe", scale is 1/200 and it won´t be a kit, just a one off for a friend who spends his spare time drawing these painstakingly detailed cutaway profiles that appear in the novels every 4 weeks or so.

He has a Spacejet in the works, almost the same size as the lousy Revell model but about 500% more detail with cockpit interior, Hangar and everything plus completely modern looking outer design, less like the old 60s tin cans, more along the lines of NASA/2001 design. He wants (me)to make a short run resin kit of it but he is progressing very slow. And I´m not even sure those complicated parts CAN be casted that easily. We´ll see - someday :rolleyes:

I´ll post some pics of the ship I´m building in the "workbench" thread when there is more to be seen than just a ball with lots of engravings, but for obvious reasons this project is definitely taking the backseat at the moment.

Guest Bromgrev

Perry Rhodan!! Chrono is right, that's a great franchise and one that is sadly under-exposed. I'm sure Starship Modeller would make an excellent platform if you should grow and extra pair of hands or three, and decide to make a PR kit. You might have to lease some factory space, though ... ^_^

Perry Rhodan!! Chrono is right, that's a great franchise and one that is sadly under-exposed. I'm sure Starship Modeller would make an excellent platform if you should grow and extra pair of hands or three, and decide to make a PR kit. You might have to lease some factory space, though ...  ^_^

379832[/snapback]

Now that the PR stuff is coming up, I remember I did a run of about 20 small Spacejets for the same guy a few years ago. I need to ask him for some pics or even better, find the one I own - where the hell did I put this thing? :angry::(

Maybe he´d like to offer them again, he used to sell them at PR Conventions (well basically some dozen people gathering in a small room and talking technobabble :D ) but I´m sure he has never considered to have them for sale on a big site like SSM! OK maybe I´ll talk to him in a few months when the Ghost is done or I´ll have him hanging on the phone all day :blink:

Did you know that a few years ago there were plans to make a PR mini-series?

Unfortunately, the producers did not hire ANY of the authors for the story nor the original designers for the ships/hardware, so from what I heard it sounded like some generic SciFi series with no resemblance to PR at all. Interest faded and they scrapped the project. That´s how SciFi is handled here in Germany <_< !

The only decent movie stuff I remember coming from Germany were Wolfgang Petersen´s "Enemy Mine" and Emmerich´s "Moon 44", but these two moved on to Hollywood - guess why? <_<:p

The only decent movie stuff I remember coming from Germany were Wolfgang Petersen´s "Enemy Mine" and Emmerich´s "Moon 44", but these two moved on to Hollywood - guess why? <_<  :p

379858[/snapback]

Well, Emmerich made "Das Arche Noah Prinzip" before, basically in a garage, but that was also his last good movie, IMO.

-i-

News?  :D

382646[/snapback]

I had another architectural model to finish while I was in the middle of the mold making process. Not even well paid and more work than anticipated, but it´s finished now! Still, most of the molds for the small parts are already done, one half of the main fuselage is ready and I got all the resin and extra silicone for at least 30 kits a few days ago, so the project is well underway again.

Can I order a second kit please?

Its sooooooo beautiful!

The Nameless Advisor

www.macrossmecha.info

Guess I'll start the wanted list here then:

Total: 54

Grayson 3

Cobywan 2

Penguin 2

Viceland 2

Myersjessee 1

Gabe Q 1