TV Ghost - 1/72 model kit

honneamise

Hi Thorsten, is it my imagination or does the big conical pink part on the front look bigger than it is in your painting?

350123[/snapback]

That´s just my camera Chad. I used "macro" setting and was very close to the front - that way the nose appears MUCH bigger than it is, the section aft of the speed brake is in fact longer than the front part. I´ll take a shot from the side soon to show the real proportions. Nevertheless I consider to flatten the cockpit bulge a bit but I´m not sure about that, only a matter of 0,5 to 1 mm I think.

Wow. :o

I'm gone for a couple of months, and I'd miss the boat on Captain's 1/48 VF-1D conversion kit. :(

But I won't miss the boat on this. ;)

:D Please put me down for one, depending on the final price. The exchange cost, it'll be the ruin of me. <_<

Edited by Wheels

Chad despite the strange photo angle you were still right about the "cockpit", it WAS too big and bulbuous! I sanded it down quite a bit and now it looks more pleasing, it still needs to be blended in with the upper side. Now the whole thing looks like this:

post-2845-1134137016_thumb.jpg

Here is a closeup of the speed brake:

post-2845-1134137076_thumb.jpg

Were Getting a Ghost! Were Getting a Ghost. I Just droped 20 years of age and Dancing around the Christmas tree! :blink::D:p Man thats awsome looking!

Humm OK lets think about Paint Color. One thing I know its NOT oberth blue its a dark blue. Prob like a Dark Sea Blue. However I am in new Orleans, and my local hobby shop took 15 feet of Water, so I dont know where I will get paint supplies. :( Prob going to have to order it from some online store.

Were Getting a Ghost!  Were Getting a Ghost.  I Just droped 20 years of age and Dancing around the Christmas tree!  :blink:  :D  :p  Man thats awsome looking!

Humm OK lets think about Paint Color.  One thing I know its NOT oberth blue its a dark blue.  Prob like a Dark Sea Blue.  However I am in new Orleans, and my local hobby shop took 15 feet of Water, so I dont know where I will get paint supplies.  :(  Prob going to have to order it from some online store.

351120[/snapback]

I think their is still a hobby shop in Slidell. For a longer drive you can go to Gulfport and pick up all the paints you need at Orange Grove Hobby Shop.

Any idea of rough pricing? I'd love to get one, but money's a bit tight at the moment. You do some incredible work! B))

351551[/snapback]

Gundamhead I think it will be somewhere around 80 Euros.

It´s a smaller model than I had originally thought (16,6cm) but on the other hand I want to incorporate many details and features like speed brakes in/out, landing gear/arrestor hook up/down, side missile bays open/closed so this is why the price will be slightly higher than the one of the Oberth (65EU).

But it will still take some time to finish it, definitely not earlier than february. And it seems the exchange rate of the EURO is dropping....

Any idea of rough pricing? I'd love to get one, but money's a bit tight at the moment. You do some incredible work! B))

351551[/snapback]

Gundamhead I think it will be somewhere around 80 Euros.

It´s a smaller model than I had originally thought (16,6cm) but on the other hand I want to incorporate many details and features like speed brakes in/out, landing gear/arrestor hook up/down, side missile bays open/closed so this is why the price will be slightly higher than the one of the Oberth (65EU).

But it will still take some time to finish it, definitely not earlier than february. And it seems the exchange rate of the EURO is dropping....

351666[/snapback]

Great! That means I can save my pennies for a bit!

I´ve been working on the big intake on the back all week, seems I´m almost there now.

post-2845-1134752460_thumb.jpg

And I need to sand off all the grey primer! I used Citadel Space Wolves Grey in the past, worked well but they discontinued it.

I wanted a grey cause uneven surfaces and scratches show up best in this colour so I bought this one. It looks good but peels off with the slightest amount of tape!! :angry: Unusable crap, guess I´ll use Citadel white from now on.

Edited by honneamise

Oooh MAN! Am I excited. jumpy.gif

Thanks guys!!

I´d really love to get it finished soon but it seems it will have to take another break... those museum guys I´ve been working for want another model - identical just twice the size- and while I´m happy that I can now really afford all the christmas presents I´ll still have to buy, it means that the Ghost needs to wait until Jan, 20th. It´s a pity, I was just so into it.... :(

Ah, no worries man. ;)

Got to pay the bills, an' stuff. B))

Besides, it'll give my wallet a short break. :p

As long as I can help it I´ll keep this model from becoming see-through! :D

Bought the last remaining christmas presents this morning and I got two more hours to work on the Gost. Looks less ghostly yet more substantial now with some fins added.

post-2845-1135273848_thumb.jpg

If you compare it with the earlier pics you will see that the "cockpit" bulge is now radically reduced in height. Your observation was right Chad, that thing was too bulky - the first sanding down didn´t help enough so I reduced it one more time. I had to redo the whole "eye" opening, it now has a smaller diameter and is placed more forward, allowing me to sand down the top of the bulge even further. IMO the shape of the whole craft is much more pleasant and elegant now, hope you also like it better that way.

post-2845-1135274472_thumb.jpg

I´m sorry that I won´t be able to work on the model for 3 weeks now but at least I have the feeling it is on the right way now.

• 3 weeks later...
Any news?

360020[/snapback]

It´s sitting on my shelf grinning at me while I´m busy with another architectural model. Deadline for this is next Tuesday, so after I got rid of the mess and sanding dust in my workspace, I´ll get to the really important stuff again :D