super robot wars original gen

So has anyone seen the Anime movie of yet and is it good?

A4431-13.thumbnail.90.jpg

edit: nevermind I just saw the first of the three ovas. it kicks ass like the game, swear I saw something that looks like a valk in the begining.

Edited by Zentrandude

I saw it as well, it was pretty good but it's a shame that it's just the new generation crew.

Imagine if Bandai were brave enough to fund a year long tv series with the kind of cast that the Alpha games have...

The second ep is allready available from some subbers but I'm waiting for TV Nihons version.

Have DVD vol 1 & 2. Pretty good overall, but not a whole lot of story going on. More like a show just to showcase the few OG robots that featured in this short OVA series in combat action. And there aren't any big bad enemies like in the game. Just a swarm of the same, smart AI robots they fight the whole time.

The action figure the limited edition came with is ok. Inferior to MSIA quality in terms of sculpt & construction, but pretty good poseability with double joint knees & elbows. Since a nice SRW action figure is very hard to come by without a big price tag, fans might just pick this one up. With volume 1 - Weisbritter, volume 2 - Cybaster, and volume 3 - Alteisen Reis. These are all smaller compare to the Dengeki Hobby exclusives, and the same scale as the limited Alteisen figure that came with the SRW Impact Limited edition.