Interest thread for VF-1 Valkyrie Booster

Grayson72

The purpose of this thread is to gauge interest in another production run of the VF-1 Booster add-on kit.

Details:

Preliminary target Price ~$100 + shipping

Limited run of 30 kits

Cast from original masters

New casting process means no seams on the engine bell

New set of custom decals included

Color printed instructions

Interest Count: 13

Mechleader 1

agass4u 1

jorawar_b 1

azrhino 1

LTSO 1

Valkyrie 1

Honneamise 1

Kylwell 1

Valk009 1

Viceland 1

Cobywan 1

Nanashino 1

Jorawar 1

post-198-1128308260_thumb.jpg

post-198-1128308542_thumb.jpg

Edited by Grayson72

A few questions first:

1. When will production begin?

2. When will you need payment by?

I would like to get one, but I need to make sure I am going to have the money for it before I commit. For me, the longer it takes, the better my chances will be of getting the money together. Unfortunately I have to work within a budget since we will be having our third child soon. Either way, thanks for this opportunity.

Did Jesse also buy the Booster *Launch Rail? and if so, will it also be (re)produced? I might be tempted to go for another Booster if the *Launch Rail comes with it like a combo kit, of course I expect the price would go up.

This would also mean I would need 2 Booster Launch Vehicles, that's right, 2...

*Booster Launch Rail, not to be confused with Jesse's other Launch Arm project :huh: well... they both say "launch", might confuse some :rolleyes:

Edited by Viceland

Did Jesse also buy the Booster *Launch Rail? and if so, will it also be (re)produced? I might be tempted to go for another Booster if the *Launch Rail comes with it like a combo kit, of course I expect the price would go up.

This would also mean I would need  2 Booster Launch Vehicles, that's right, 2...

Mike? oooh MiiIIIIiiike?

*Booster Launch Rail, not to be confused with Jesse's other Launch Arm project  :huh: well... they both say "launch", might confuse some  :rolleyes:

333544[/snapback]

I bought the masters not Jesse, he's doing the casting. Neither of us have the launch rail

This would also mean I would need  2 Booster Launch Vehicles, that's right, 2...

Mike? oooh MiiIIIIiiike?

*Booster Launch Rail, not to be confused with Jesse's other Launch Arm project  :huh: well... they both say "launch", might confuse some  :rolleyes:

333544[/snapback]

Hey all, to be clear I did not buy any of the booster masters. I just offered to help cast them. It make sense as after doing the ones I did once I think I have some pretty good ideas on how to do it even better then the first run.

I bought the masters not Jesse, he's doing the casting.  Neither of us have the launch rail

333550[/snapback]

:unsure: OOPS!! sorry... :unsure:

I got the impression Jesse had bought the kit since he was the one doing the casting, many "Interest Gauging" thread are started by members who are not the ones actually doing the mastering/casting work, but are none the less part of the project handling the communications/money aspect. Plus, there was no reaction to my post #2, so I figured I was right... hence my post #9. Again, sorry about the mix-up.

edit: what did happen to the rail master? John still has it?

Edited by Viceland

What kinda of timeline are we looking at? I may have a bit more expendable income next month. If' that's withn the time-line I'm in.

What kinda of timeline are we looking at? I may have a bit more expendable income next month. If' that's withn the time-line I'm in.

334862[/snapback]

Hi Kylwell, we won't start production until we get enough pre-orders so it may be awhile. Hopefully we'll get some orders from the folks over at SSM as well.

Hi Kylwell, we won't start production until we get enough pre-orders so it may be awhile.  Hopefully we'll get some orders from the folks over at SSM as well.

334869[/snapback]

I'd like to get 25 .... but I figure you'd sell about that many here, and there'd be no customers left over to go to SSM and buy one. And $85 is a bit pricey to be sitting gathering dust on my shelves here at the Galactic Control Center...

.. even though $85 is a darn reasonable price for this kit, especially if it now comes with decals.

http://www.starshipmodeler.com/mecha/jb_booster.htm

^ Gundamhead's review of the first issue.

Edited by onezero

Hi Kylwell, we won't start production until we get enough pre-orders so it may be awhile.  Hopefully we'll get some orders from the folks over at SSM as well.

334869[/snapback]

I'd like to get 25 .... but I figure you'd sell about that many here, and there'd be no customers left over to go to SSM and buy one. And $85 is a bit pricey to be sitting gathering dust on my shelves here at the Galactic Control Center...

.. even though $85 is a darn reasonable price for this kit, especially if it now comes with decals.

http://www.starshipmodeler.com/mecha/jb_booster.htm

^ Gundamhead's review of the first issue.

334877[/snapback]

Or you could buy the whole batch for a bulk discount and then everyone who wanted one would just get them from you :lol:

Or you could buy the whole batch for a bulk discount and then everyone who wanted one would just get them from you  :lol:

334929[/snapback]

Well, if you're up for that, eMail or call me (Jesse has my number) and we can talk details

Sorry, decals are only with the new kits.

333966[/snapback]

Surely if enough people were interested you could do a run for those that have one of the original kits. I know I'm not the only one interested.

Who's doing the decals anyway?

Berttt

Shaving resin off this kit only to save a few bucks won't be worth the decrease in quality and strength of the kit, and the savings would be minimal at best.

336130[/snapback]

Purty much. It's why I don't understand when somebody uses cheap resin. The price difference is minor but the quality difference is major. Don't skimp on the resin or molding material.

You could rotocast the engines and save a nice chunk of resin (they are solid! and dense) but honestly, I don't like rotocast parts for my models. If you have a great caster they are good, but I have a couple kits that are so thin in spots I worry about even trying to paint them for fear of having to rebuild sections. Plus...the savings, overall...woudlnt be much...your talking about somewhere in the neighborhood of $30 of resin per kit....so if you somehow saved 50% it's still only $15 off....and you wouldnt save 1/2 with the engines...maybe $10 total. Add in the costs of a rotocast machine and you break even....nope...doesn't really work on this kit IMO.