Group buy:

jorawar_b

Hey guys, its me again, I have e-mailed a few online store on a group buy of either a YF-19 or YF-21. I don't know if it can be made, I just wanted to see how man people would be interested in either or both the resin kits, as we get interest I will forward all the info and see what can be done. I don't know of the cost or details yet. I have a YF-21 in the 1/48 scale and need the YF-19 to complete my collection.

http://www.e2046.com/product_info.php?products_id=2081

(I do not see the YF-21 on thier site, I will ask to see if they still have it)

Maybe some members on MW would bw willing to help recast one or so. either way please respond if you would be interested. Also thanks to everyone on the VF-1 1/48 group buy, it was fun hopefully we can get more kits made.

The following is a list of people that have shown an interest only:

1. jorawar_b

2. Viceland

3. Kylwell

4. Less than Super Ostrich

5. Slideshot

6. ef500mm

7. slideshot

8. Ichiban

9. Sweet-1

Edited by jorawar_b

Are these toys or kits?

332955[/snapback]

These are kits, a recast of 1/48 YF-19 and YF-21. ;)

332959[/snapback]

Don't you think this thread would be in the toy section if they were toys?

I have update the list of people that would be interested in the kit or kits. There is no price on each kit, I just want to guage interest first. Maybe we can go through a company or someone on MW to recast.

One last thing guys can you tell me which kit you would like just in case if buying two kits is way to much money, so how many would like the YF-21 or YF-19? I have a YF-21 and just need the YF-19, but I would be willing to buy both, I would like to custom make a YF-22.

Maybe someone on the MW forum can cast pilot figures? That would make a good new topic.

Edited by jorawar_b

I have update the list of people that would be interested in the kit or kits. There is no price on each kit, I just want to guage interest first.  Maybe we can go through a company or someone on MW to recast.

One last thing guys can you tell me which kit you would like just in case if buying two kits is way to much money, so how many would like the YF-21 or YF-19?  I have a YF-21 and just need the YF-19, but I would be willing to buy both, I would like to custom make a YF-22.

Maybe someone on the MW forum can cast pilot figures?  That would make a good new topic.

333094[/snapback]

Prefer the YF-19 if we have to choose - the 21 doesn't look that great to me, but that's probably my own view.

Well I just want to see if I can get enough interest to see if someone wants to recast it or maybe get one of the stores to recast it. we will see. I will just keep it going until we can get at least 15 people and than figure out which one or both, price I don't know yet, but it shouldn't be expensive like the VF-1 kit

Hobby fan might be willing to do it for us, I will press the to give us the best deal that we can get and try to find out what each kit comes with, all I need is everyones help in getting the word out and getting people interested in the kit so I can show henry the numbers. I have asked him on the price point and will update ASAP.

I found out about the recasts too late to get in before :( . I would be interested in both, barring extreme price hurdles and time to create. I thought the guys who made the last reacsts on the forum last did a very great job. I think the only real problem they had were weight issues and the strength of the landing gear and a few seam line issues. I thought they cured it with metal reinforcing with the molded landing gear parts, but I am not sure. Well, put me down on the interested list. I really like both aircraft, but if only one were able to be made either one would be fine. Better than none. I thought Myersjessee had a big part in the last ones. He is a great person to deal with.

Okay guys update, Christy at e2046 is willing to give us 30% off of the 130.00 price tag, but we need about 15 people, I am waiting on henry from hobby fan to see what he can do for us. I think its like 40.00 off the price, so make it 90.00 + shipping.

I will ask for how long it will take and please ask me any questions you would liked

answered.

They will only start with the YF-19 first and then the YF-21

Edited by jorawar_b

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I have both recast kits and can donate it for this project. But the YF-21 needs some serious re-work before it can be recast such as the wing thickness between the two sides.

I will try to find some time to break it out of the boxes and take pictures for reference.

Note: These were cast of the originals I believe and were the ones available here a while ago.

If the current sources fall through, I\'m sure we can work with someone here to get it going.

I have both recast kits and can donate it for this project. But the YF-21 needs some serious re-work before it can be recast such as the wing thickness between the two sides.

I will try to find some time to break it out of the boxes and take pictures for reference.

Note: These were cast of the originals I believe and were the ones available here a while ago.

If the current sources fall through, I\'m sure we can work with someone here to get it going.

357863[/snapback]

I dunno... recasts made from a recast? :unsure:

• 2 weeks later...

Just an update, I am still working out the final price and discount and the amount of people needed for henry to make this happen, I am also trying to see if he can get the canopy for the VF-22 in 1/48 scale.