What is a good price for SDF:Macross DVD

twich

Hey,

I am in a rather tough situation...I need to raise a bunch of money to pay a security deposit for a new place that I am moving into....so I need to generate cash.

I am wondering what a good price to sell my Animego DVD set (All 9 DVD's in the box...they have been viewed, so they are used but in excellent condition) I am very hesitant to sell this DVD set, and I will only do so if I have no other recourse.

So, I ask that you please give me what would be a good selling price for this item. Thanks for any information that you maybe able to provide.

Thanks

Larry Twichell

Recent prices on ebay have been $180-$200 for either the 9-dvd box or the three miniboxes together.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...&category=41524

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...&category=41524

However, the price is probably headed downward. Overstock.com and Bestprices.com have sold the first two miniboxes at about $40-$50 (though both may be out of stock now at that price).

The extras in the 9-dvd box make it a bit of a collector's item, but I don't think they add that much to the value.

If you want to sell quickly, I'd either auction starting at $100 or sell at $150-$200.

Edit: P.S. Good luck with your situation!

Edited by ewilen

Thanks Ewilen...I hope to not have to sell them, but if I can get $200 bucks for it, that would make things that much easier for me....it really pains me to have to do this sort of thing....but life tends to be like that sometimes <_<

Thanks again

Larry

• 2 years later...

Oh snap, I was able to pick up the entire Harmony Gold boxed version of the Animego Macross set for $40 total at Anime Expo on Saturday. Double snaps.

• 4 weeks later...

Bumping this a bit since this time around, I'm interesting in BUYING the Macross TV series.

I found this at the futureshop/bestbuy website. It's $69.99 and is the 2nd box. I'm hoping that I can find the other 2 boxes (1 and 3) on other sites as well. Is this a good price?

Here's the description:

SUPER DIMENSION FORTRESS MACROSS is the original Japanese language version of the first MACROSS series, which was also released in an English dub as ROBOTECH LEGACY: MACROSS SAGA. An involving and exciting space opera that has been immensely popular since its release, MACROSS is a landmark anime. More Info

WebID: M2064227

Mfr. Part Number: ANMDV441

More Information

In these episodes, the Zentradi resort to using spies to find out more about Earth culture while the Macross struggles to return home after fighting the war for so long so far from Earth. Contains episodes 13-24.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DVD Features:

Encoding: Region 1

Package Type: Box Set

Aspect Ratio: Full Frame

Audio: Mono - Japanese

Interactive Features:

Scene Access

Interactive Menus

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Distributor: Animeigo

Release Format: DVD

DVD Release Date: 2002-08-27

Original Release Year: 1982

UPC: 737187004414

SKU: 2064227

Language: Japanese

Subtitles: English

Closed Captioned: No

Recording Mode: (unknown)

Color: Color

Rating: Not Rated

Unedited Version: N

Collector's Edition: N

Director's Cut: N

How is this different (besides being a box set) than the individual DVDs that have come out recentlyby ADV? Here's an example:

http://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/proddetai...617&catid=14761

Well I see that the ADV versions have 5.1 sound and probably some reworked video quality. Etc.

Edited by Spatula

How is this different (besides being a box set) than the individual DVDs that have come out recentlyby ADV? Here's an example:

Well I see that the ADV versions have 5.1 sound and probably some reworked video quality.  Etc.

420788[/snapback]

The ADV releases are an English dub with no Japanese audio. I have not heard the dub, but I think the general consensus is that it is a pretty bad dub.

Edited by mister_e

Well I see that the ADV versions have 5.1 sound and probably some reworked video quality.  Etc.

420788[/snapback]

The ADV releases are an English dub with no Japanese audio. I have not heard the dub, but I think the general consensus is that it is a pretty bad dub.

420811[/snapback]

The video quality of the ADV discs is exactly the same as that of the Animeigo set. As far as the audio goes, you can turn off the 5.1 English dub and watch it with the original 2.0 Japanese audio with English subtitles. True, the dub isn't the best, but it's okay. At least they kept the original Japanese songs instead of using those horrific Robotech tunes. The biggest complaint about the dub so far is the mispronounciation of some of the words, mainly when almost everyone says "Muh-cross" instead of "Mac-ross". I think Mari Iijima is the only person in the cast who pronounces everything correctly. Another difference is that the ADV discs come with some extras like interviews, commentaries, and such. The Animeigo set does have some hidden "Easter eggs," but I've never watched any of the extras on either set. But they're there if you're interested.

Quite interesting, so Mari Iijima does both the Japanese and American release of Macross. Well, if I were to watch an American dub of Macross, then wouldn't it be the same thing as Robotech.

(never seen Robotech, ever).

Edited by Spatula

Quite interesting, so Mari Iijima does both the Japanese and American release of Macross.  Well, if I were to watch an American dub of Macross, then wouldn't it be the same thing as Robotech.

(never seen Robotech, ever).

420841[/snapback]

Robotech was not just an English dub of Macross. Some of the story was changed in order to make it integrate with the other parts of the series: Robotech Masters and New Generation.

Edit: More info can be gained from this thread

Edited by mister_e

But they did basically used the same stock 36 episodes and built basically from that, am I right?

420847[/snapback]

Yes you are correct.

I haven't heard this newest ADV English dub, but I HAVE watched Robotech and the voice acting in Robotech is very hard to tolerate. Although I haven't heard it, I'd assume that the new ADV dub has to be better than Robotech.

Bumping this a bit since this time around, I'm interesting in BUYING the Macross TV series.

I found this at the futureshop/bestbuy website.  It's $69.99 and is the 2nd box.  I'm hoping that I can find the other 2 boxes (1 and 3) on other sites as well.  Is this a good price? 

Here's the description:

SUPER DIMENSION FORTRESS MACROSS is the original Japanese language version of the first MACROSS series, which was also released in an English dub as ROBOTECH LEGACY: MACROSS SAGA. An involving and exciting space opera that has been immensely popular since its release, MACROSS is a landmark anime. More Info

WebID: M2064227

Mfr. Part Number: ANMDV441

More Information

In these episodes, the Zentradi resort to using spies to find out more about Earth culture while the Macross struggles to return home after fighting the war for so long so far from Earth. Contains episodes 13-24.

DVD Features:

Encoding: Region 1

Package Type: Box Set

Aspect Ratio: Full Frame

Audio: Mono - Japanese

Interactive Features:

Scene Access

Interactive Menus

Distributor: Animeigo

Release Format: DVD

DVD Release Date: 2002-08-27

Original Release Year: 1982

UPC: 737187004414

SKU: 2064227

Language: Japanese

Subtitles: English

Closed Captioned: No

Recording Mode: (unknown)

Color: Color

Rating: Not Rated

Unedited Version: N

Collector's Edition: N

Director's Cut: N

420788[/snapback]

69.99 for that box set is way to expensive. You should be able to find it on ebay for cheaper. There are also several other dealers that have it for cheap. One example is rightstuf.com which has all three boxes for only 39.99 each. here is a direct link: http://www.rightstuf.com/cgi-bin/catalogmg...tem/57694/4/0/0

I also have a set of all three miniboxes that I am selling back to a second hand dvd shop. If you are interested let me know before Monday... that's when they get sent. I'm looking for $85 flat. That includes all shipping within the us.

As others have stated. Animeigo is only subtitled and ADV has both subtitles and a 5.1 rnglish track with a dub.

Edited by VT-102

I'd reckon you'd fetch a pretty price for it, I had to pay for each individual DVD. Luckily Tam made it a little cheaper for em, but it still hurt.

$200 USD sounds reasonable. Someone should bite.

I've heard that some of the sound effects were changed/upgraded in the adv dub too.

Like the alien echo is gone. The lasers don't have the classic Pchoo pchoo noise and more like a transformers or starwars type sound.

I wish they didn't do that.

But one thing harmony gold should have done in the first place for robotech remastered: (like the adv release) is make it so the old and new sound fx were there as an option. Options are always good.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker