VF-1D Hollow Head Lasers

fulcy

Starting a new thread, cause my post in the original thread has gotten lost, and I've only gotten one reply - I am offering to make my hollow head lasers for the VF-1D conversion captain is working on. Check out the hollow head lasers I made for the 1S here:

http://mechaskunk.com/headlasers.htm

http://www.mechaskunk.com/headlasers1D.htm

They will come tinted to match the VF-1J body color (a very light grey), and will include a left and right headlaser/earpiece cast. Figured I'd try to make these available about the same time as the conversion kit, so both can go to customizers at the same time. Pricing will be:

$10 shipped for one

$17 shipped for two

$24 shipped for three

$31 shipped for four

and so on. Either reply here, or PM with how many you want, and thanks for looking!

The List

1 x fulcy

2 x wickedpr1nce

2 x hirohawa

1 x >EXO<

1 x Eternal_D

2 x mechamaniac

2 x Vermillion One

3 x Die, Alien Scum!

1 x Darkon

1 x TheLoneWolf

1 x Majestic

1 x aaajin

2 x goldenboy_forever

Edited by fulcy

I dunno - maybe you were struck blind, temporarily, and then miraculously recovered your eye sight, and just now were able to read this thread?

And, unfortunately, the 1S head lasers are not being made - at this time. I may rework the molds in the future, but not now, and not for a while...

how you gonna put yourself on the list...that is the lame!  :lol:

334702[/snapback]

I'm just keeping track of how many I need to make - and since I was the first person interested in my head lasers, I should be first on the list! :D

• 4 weeks later...

Alright, updating people - just got the 1D conversion kit Friday, and I'll hopefully have the head lasers done sometime this week - the unfortunate thing is I am going away for a week starting next Sunday, so I probably won't be able to start completing orders till I come back. Look for updates this week though!

Looking forward to it.

Alright, updating people - just got the 1D conversion kit Friday, and I'll hopefully have the head lasers done sometime this week - the unfortunate thing is I am going away for a week starting next Sunday, so I probably won't be able to start completing orders till I come back.  Look for updates this week though!

340859[/snapback]

Done - and it doesn't look like I'll be able to update this thread before I go out on field trials next week - the mold doesn't like curing in my basement, probably because of the temperature - and it's creating casts that are gooey on the outer surface. Need to try baking the mold tonight - if that helps, I may have something to work with on saturday...

Well, crud - not enough time. I managed to get two good casts out of the 1A head laser mold, to use for the 1D head lasers - but there's no more time between now and when I leave tomorrow morning to make any more progress on the 1D lasers. I'll update all of you once I get back next saturday - sorry for the delay!

Edited by fulcy

Alright! Got the head lasers cleaned up, and here's the results:

1D01.JPG

Check out the entire update on my website:

I should have the molds for these guys ready this weekend, and should have the first casts sometime next week (along with some better pics). Thanks for looking!

Fantastic!

When do you need payment?

Thanks

Steve

Alright!  Got the head lasers cleaned up, and here's the results:

1D01.JPG

Check out the entire update on my website:

I should have the molds for these guys ready this weekend, and should have the first casts sometime next week (along with some better pics).  Thanks for looking!

345847[/snapback]

I'm thinking of getting a closer-to-lineart 1D head by modding a pair of 1S lasers, clipping off one of the lasers and maybe shifting the other laser closer to the stripes on the disc. This way, the head laser disks would be a lot bigger than the Cap's rendition (which is by no means shabby), just like how it looks in the animation and line art.

Fulcy, would you be interested in doing something crazy like that?

-Al

Nope, that's all you. If you are interested in having hollow lasers on this custom head, may I suggest getting a set of the hollow 1D lasers, and then finding a set of 1S head lasers, and combining the two...

• 2 weeks later...

sorry for the delay - been slammed with work recently, but I did manage to get the mold done. The only problem - I dunno if it's cause the rubber I'm using is old or if it's too cold in my basement, but it seems to take about a week before I start getting good casts out of it. So, if all goes well, I should be able to start making these beginning early next week (after I get back from yet another trip - woo, philly here I come! ).

• 2 weeks later...