Looking for shops that sells Yammies, TF , SW

Hi all,

I would be heading to LA next week and would be staying at Montebello. Just wondering if anyone could tell me where I could locate any great toy/hobby shops in LA that sells Yammies, Star Wars toys as well as transformers. If you could give me the address and contact details that would be even better.

BTW I understand LA is pretty huge, as I am staying in Montebello, is there any good public transports to reach those shops

Regards

:)

Meet up with some of the local MW members there in LA. There are  numerous of them who live there or in the surrounding areas.

328616[/snapback]

what he said. Seems like evry third thing I buy off of mw is shipped from cali. I hear great things about "frank & sons" or something like that. All I know is I got something like 4 lbs of jetfire armor vicariously from there thanks to a member so look it up.

I would be heading to LA next week and would be staying at Montebello.  Just wondering if anyone could tell me where I could locate any great toy/hobby shops in LA that sells Yammies, Star Wars toys as well as transformers.  If you could give me the address and contact details that would be even better.

Hey Vanpang, welcome to LA! My two favorite toy shops are in Anaheim, across the street from each other at the corner of Beach and Ball (yes, those are real street names):

Gotta Have It

1215 S. Beach Blvd.

Anaheim, CA

714/995-4151

Phat Collectables

3011 W. Ball Road

Anaheim, CA 92804

714/484-9080

I've found great Valk and TF scores at both places. There are also two other toy stores in the same strip malls where Gotta Have It and Phat Collectables are located, one a bit higher end with old tin, one a bit lower end with action figures.

BTW I understand LA is pretty huge, as I am staying in Montebello, is there any good public transports to reach those shops

328593[/snapback]

Unfortunately, I can't help you with the public transportation angle. Montebello is some distance from Anaheim -- not far in a car, but would probably take you forever on a bus.

Good luck! Best,

--MyClone

Hi all,

I would be heading to LA next week and would be staying at Montebello.  Just wondering if anyone could tell me where I could locate any great toy/hobby shops in LA that sells Yammies, Star Wars toys as well as transformers.  If you could give me the address and contact details that would be even better.

Regards

328593[/snapback]

What date are you coming to LA? I live in Temple City, is about 10 minutes from Montebello. I am not sure if I will in town or not. If you need any help just let me known. The only good hobby store that I know is the one in Santa Ana called "KING ANIME", but it about 45 minutes aways from Montebello. The only good transports around LA is to rent a car. If you can't drive than Bus is your last result, it will take alots of your time using buses. Have Fun

frank and sons is great, though i couldn't give you specifics on how to drive there cause i always am a passanger it seems. but if you value your money in the slightest its a dangerous place lol. seriously though, they have everything and usually you'll get a killer deal.

is the place you're talking about Anime King in huntington beach across from the college?

and frank and sons is pretty easy to get to, and they have a website too with their address, so just look it up.  dont' forget they're only open wednesday and saturdays at certain times.

328669[/snapback]

hi D,

How's it going?

Where is Anime King exaclty located?

Montebello? You definitely want Frank & Sons. Take the 60 Fwy East. You'll pass the 605 Fwy and stay on the 60 until you get to the Fairway exit. Go north until you to get to San Jose. It's in between the big streets. Then go left and good luck parking. :)

Yes, I go to Frank & Sons about once every month or two. :lol:

anime king...I had to go there today to pick up some stuff for my sister...hehe. anyway, take the 405 south(since youre in downey right?) and get off goldenwest/bolsa, take the first exit, make a left at the first light at the T intersection, the make a right. go all the way down about a mile or two until you see edinger. then make a left. you'll see a TRU on your right hand side and it's in the same plaza.

just to war you, they don't have a lot of macross stuff there right now, but they did have a 1/48 vf-1j which I wanted to get but didn't have the cash for it. =(

Hey guys,

Thanks for the help and directions. Wish I have valk to fly me around or hover around in Gerwalk mode. But alas, I think I would be taking the train or bus.

C17Robotech, thanks for the offer. I would be arriving on 21 September 2005, the only day I am free would be Sunday (25 Sept 2005), I would PM you if I need help. Thanks dude !!!

Regards

Edited by vanpang

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Vanpang, welcome to LA! My two favorite toy shops are in Anaheim, across the street from each other at the corner of Beach and Ball (yes, those are real street names):

Gotta Have It

1215 S. Beach Blvd.

Anaheim, CA

714/995-4151

Phat Collectables

3011 W. Ball Road

Anaheim, CA 92804

714/484-9080

I've found great Valk and TF scores at both places. There are also two other toy stores in the same strip malls where Gotta Have It and Phat Collectables are located, one a bit higher end with old tin, one a bit lower end with action figures.

328593[/snapback]

Unfortunately, I can't help you with the public transportation angle. Montebello is some distance from Anaheim -- not far in a car, but would probably take you forever on a bus.

Good luck! Best,

--MyClone

328656[/snapback]

Well I checked out these two places as well at the other two in the same location. For mech fans, Phat has nice G1 and Transformers toys. All have nice selections for 70s-80s toys as well as current. Some were a bit priced out in my opinion, but if you do not want to eBay certain toys, it's the place to check out. Though I hardly saw any Macross items excpt for some old models and Robotech action figures.

yes, frank and sons is the best place you can go for to get any star wars, transformers and macross stuff. You'll find it there for sure, but prices my vary. If you go anywhere else, I'm sure the prices will be higher. Only places that I've seen lower than frank and sons, on some items is in Downtown LA at the toy district. If you want to meet up with a bunch of us, let me know. We might be going this saturday, depending if I'm not in going to vegas. :D:p:lol:

yes, frank and sons is the best place you can go for to get any star wars, transformers and macross stuff. You'll find it there for sure, but prices my vary. If you go anywhere else, I'm sure the prices will be higher. Only places that I've seen lower than frank and sons, on some items is in Downtown LA at the toy district. If you want to meet up with a bunch of us, let me know. We might be going this saturday, depending if I'm not in going to vegas.  :D  :p  :lol:

331709[/snapback]

Got the gambling bug?

yes, frank and sons is the best place you can go for to get any star wars, transformers and macross stuff. You'll find it there for sure, but prices my vary. If you go anywhere else, I'm sure the prices will be higher. Only places that I've seen lower than frank and sons, on some items is in Downtown LA at the toy district. If you want to meet up with a bunch of us, let me know. We might be going this saturday, depending if I'm not in going to vegas.  :D  :p  :lol:

331709[/snapback]

Hi,

Just arrived in Vegas this moring at 4 am but would be going back to LA this Sunday. Where are you staying in Vegas ? Does anyone have the exact address of Frank and Sons ? I would try to get there before leaving for home at Sunday night.

Edited by vanpang

331709[/snapback]

Hi,

Just arrived in Vegas this moring at 4 am but would be going back to LA this Sunday. Where are you staying in Vegas ? Does anyone have the exact address of Frank and Sons ? I would try to get there before leaving for home at Sunday night.

331754[/snapback]

Here's their website. You can get their address off there.

Frank and Sons

I'll be going to vegas this friday through sunday. But I'll be staying at my friend's apartment, by the strip.

Good thing Frank & Sons aint far from me, but beware of thier bootleged DVDs!

331769[/snapback]

so your near by huh? Maybe you should meet up with us one of these saturdays. :D:p:lol:

Oh realy, but I dont got money to spend :( , I do in my bank account but I cant spend since its my savings my Dad put in. I cant even take out the money to it, and if I did oh boy :unsure: I would be dead, I would be like grounded tell I get married and lose all my privlages and toys (no not my only Yammie :( ) . Anyways I can try and strangle my mom to give me some money for something between $50-$100 maybe a 1/72 YF-21. I can stay for a reasonable amount of time maybe but not too much, since my Dad (Old fart :lol: ) Got back from his trip and is strict as hell <_< . The good about living in a house is you dont pay for the bills the bad is ya got to follow the rules and listen to your parents.

God this post is turning into a lecture, anyways I can come but I havent decided a date yet since its a 20-30 min drive also I havent been thier in a while so I dunno. We can schedule maybe next Saturday? How far do ya guys live from Frank & Sons, how long ya guys staying anyways?

Edited by Dean

well we usually stay for about an hour or two, depending if there's new stuff to buy and if there's vendors that we need to talk to. Some of us live like 20 minutes away, but I live like 30 to 40 minutes away. So maybe this saturday I might be there if I don't have to go to vegas. But for sure next saturday we'll be there.

Hey BobePatt,

What ever happened to your weekly updates?

332050[/snapback]

well maybe because I haven't gone? :D:p:lol: Nah, it wasn't my thread that I started. I just helped post up stuff because I'd go almost every week. Not lately because I've been buying my stuff over at anime punch now instead. :p