1/48 VF-1D conversion kit inquiry.

captain america

Hi all.

The VF-1D conversion set is now done, and I will post pictures shortly.

Parts are now being cast and packaged. For those of you who want a set, please follow the instructions below:

-Click on my name at left and when you get to my MW profile, click on Send An Email.

-Send me an email entitled "VF-1D." In the email, you'll need to leave me your MW screen name, real name, full shipping address, e-mail address, and quantity of VF-1D conversions desired (preferably indicating whether you want a vanilla or color kit (s)). I will then reply to you with payment instructions.

Individual VF-1D conversion kit price: $80.00

-SHIPPING within north-america: Shipping for up to 2 conversion kits is $9.00. 3 conversion kits and up will be $13.00. Shipping time is about 8-10 business days.

-Overseas shipping: $15.00 for up to 2 kits, and $28.00 for 3 kits or more.

-Shipping delay: I try to keep these as a minimum, but they do happen from time to time. In a worst-case scenario, I may run low on resin and this incures a turn-around time of roughly 2 weeks, as the high-impact polymer that I use is not stocked regularly by my f*@king distributor. Your patience in these instances is immensely appreciated.

If for whatever reason there is a problem with your order, I will contact YOU. If I do not contact you, take this as a sign that I'm working my a$$ off to fill your order and everything is running smoothly :lol:

Lastly, if you have any questions, you can always include them in your e-mail and I'll do my best to answer them.

Ready... Set... GO!

Preorders:

-Mechamaniac 2

-Majestic (vanilla)

-Haterist 2

-Fulcy

-4everNewbie (vanilla)

-NightmareB4Macross

-Snip

-Dimension 2

-Skull-1

-Godzilla 2

-EXO

-Knight26

-1 VF-1 2NV

-JoLe727

-Wickedpr1nce 2

-aaajin

-Major Tom

-Prometheum

-Xstoys 2

-Postman Pat 2

-Gabe Q (vanilla)

-Chowyunskinny (vanilla)

-Datterboy (vanilla)

-TheLoneWolf (color)

-Min

-Die, Alien Scum 3 (vanilla)

-Hirohawa 2 (1 vanilla, 1 regular)

-BigKid24

-RuskiiVFaussie (vanilla)

-Zeta Otaku (vanilla)

-MecGojira

-Roy's Blues (vanilla)

-Nismoflip

-Jorwar_b 2

-gian7675 (vanilla)

-Spiff

-Sephiroth

-bbarr97 (2)

-Skull Hunter

-TheFrenchOne

-Pat S (2)

-Doctor Paragon

-Devaspark

-Deimos (color)

-UNSpacy

-Vermillion One (3 vanilla)

-rnurmin (2)

-Sundown (pigmented)

-Jasonc

Edited by captain america

Put me down for 2 John!.

Oh, and for those of you who already expressed interest in my original thread, check my sig, it's linked there!.

328327[/snapback]

How about moving the original list here?

Would make it easier than having to restart this thread.

I am definitely down for at least 1. The color matching also concerns me. Color matching to the existing Yamato gray would be great. That way I won't have a "frankenvalk" sitting on my shelf utnil I've developed my painting skills to the point where I'd be willing to customize a $150 toy.

Edited by 4everNewbie

The specs:

-The conversion kit will consist of high-impact polymer parts(resin) which will be pre-pigmented in tan & orange, just like the TV series 1D.

quick question....

if you prepigment the parts in tan and orange, wouldn't it be a total pain in the arse to find the matching paint?

i only ask cause i think most everyone is going to use a 1J for this project and we all know matching paint colors is not the easiest thing to do.

damn, i can't believe i'm posting twice in a day.

I'm down for a set, but to save costs I don't think the parts should be molded in color.  what's the point?  you have to repaint the whole valk anyway, and to color match your specific parts color might be hard...so you'll have to repaint over it.  so I think the parts need not be molded in color.

328341[/snapback]

But this could be a useful guide to use when selecting the color of your VF-1D conversion.

BTW- I'll take one please.

Edited by nightmareB4macross

I have to agree with what Danny says - unless you are going to go through the hassle of finding a readily available paint and matching to that, or you're going to provide us with info on how to mix our paint to match it, it may be a moot point to have the parts pre colored (though, it would help with respect to scratching - then you wouldn't have a white scratch, you'd have a similarly colored scratch) - and, it would give us at least a starting point, to know what colors we need to aim for...

Edited by fulcy