Masterpiece prime

GobotFool

Well I though this would be a good thread to ressurect from the old forum boards.

I was thinking alot of people are wondering if this is gonna be the beginning of an new series of masterpiece transformers. I sure hope so, cause while I dig the alternator aproach of using new cars to update old characters what I really want to see is the good old boys back in their true animation accurate forms! :lol: The, Dinobots, Datzun trio, the Seeker jets, bumblebee and the contouch brothers being the ones I want most. I really hope the aniversary prime sells well cause this my prompt them to release a new masterpiece toy each year or two. Hell I'd even settle for every 4 or 5 years. and its not like it would be hard to make a whole line of the Datzuns and seekser, same molds, different colors, same with Sideswipe and red alert. Come on takara we'd buy, you just have to make it.

Ask and you will receive. Takara will do a special 20th anniversary edition of Optimus Prime. Labeled, "Masterpiece" Convoy, the item will cost around ¥ 8,980 (approximately $75 to $78 USD) and is scheduled for release around December 2003. Here is a picture of a supposed prototype.

convoy.jpg

In regard to the rest of the classic Transformers, Transformers: Alternators, may be an answer to the rest of the classic vehicles. The new series supposedly matches Pat Lee's Dreamwave artwork, has full poseabiliy, has die-cast metal construction, and looks like a metal vehicles model when transformed. Here is the Smokescreen version set to come out in September.

has21.jpg

tak08123.jpg

I wouldn't expect to see another Masterpiece after Optimus. Since it's meant to be an anniversary toy, maybe we'll see another for the 25th anniversary. As for Alternator Sideswipe, we haven't seen an offical finished product yet. All the prototype pictures seem to have him slightly mistransformed and missing pieces. Check the auction for pictures...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...&category=31392

man, what would be a really good project for takara to do is redesign ratchet and ironhide!!! If they can do this I would definitly be in line to get both. And if some how they can redesign Megatron to go with the new Prime, then it will be just too much for me to handle!!! :p:D:)

Here's a pic of the Sideswipe prototype, being auctioned off of eBay.

It's fugly.http://cgi.aol.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?V...agename=rvi:1:1

Smokescreen ane Prime look the best so far.

Hey I don't follow the Transformers because I think the plotline is lame-ass, but aren't they all supposed to be 80's cars? That is a viper! I don't remember a Viper in the 80's show.

Here's a pic of the Sideswipe prototype, being auctioned off of eBay.

It's fugly.http://cgi.aol.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?V...agename=rvi:1:1

Smokescreen ane Prime look the best so far.

Hey I don't follow the Transformers because I think the plotline is lame-ass, but aren't they all supposed to be 80's cars? That is a viper! I don't remember a Viper in the 80's show.

The Transformers made in the 80's were 80's cars. The ones out now are of vehicles out now.

I'm not convinced there won't be some limited release trailer for the Japanese Convoy, if only because of that fold-out hole for a trailer peg.

They should have a trailer that transforms into the repair platform that Prime died on. That way you can lay him on the platform and then press a button that starts a strobe light that wears out the color receptors in your eyes, making it look like he turns all grey. And then a little peg come up and makes his head tilt to the side.

And then you cry.

:p

Hey I don't follow the Transformers because I think the plotline is lame-ass, but aren't they all supposed to be 80's cars?  That is a viper!  I don't remember a Viper in the 80's show.

The Transformers made in the 80's were 80's cars. The ones out now are of vehicles out now.

What a screw job... Following that line of logic why don't we make a VF-1 that looks like an F-18, instead of an F14...

It isn't like they made new Transformers with new names... that would have been ok, they took the old ones and gave them new boddies.

So stupid. The show has ZERO continuity anyway... What a let-down. :angry::(

Ok folks now to clear things up....

-Supposedly the trailer for prime will be made by palisades. Why in hell this is happpening I don't know but this is a RUMOR that occured at OFTCC.

-Orson at tfw2005.com confirmed that indeed masterpiece prime will have tv color scheme. Wether that means brite or grey white for the legs remains to be seen. on another note...

PLEASE DO NOT THINK THAT THE COLORED PROTOTYPE SHOWN AT OFTCC IS THE FINAL COLOR SCHEME!!

gotta remember that thing was a hand painted test shot.

-The megatron gun seperates into 3 pieces. So you can have him in sniper mode,regular pistol and some other mode.

-Prime will be a tru exclusive at first THEN filter into mass market after febuary

-Matrix is light up

-mgith be 1/24 scale.........height just a lil short of unicron...at 1/.243 he is DOUBLE the size of the original prime!

-Alternators MIGHT emphasize reealistic ALTernate modes. In other words real world vehicles. The reason why a lot of fans felll in lvoe with smokescreen? because not since 1985 have we actually had a REALISTIC LICENSED based alt mode on a trransformer!!!! so who gives if smokescreen isnt a nissan fairlady!!!!! Ginrai from masterforce even said that smokescreens transformation resembles that of the original!! Not to mention he looks cooler as a subaru. Now sideswipe...peolpe would be happy with if he were still a limouzine since it kicks ass but at this point most pople love the current sideswipe alternator as tracks. Everyone is excited because after armada and some childish stuff we are FINALly gettting an OFFICIAL fan line!!

YES FANS ALTERNATORS IS THE OFFICIAL FAN LINE

and it WILL continue as long as it is successful!!

-it was rumored that the US versions would have NO diecast. This is NOT true!!! we will jsut get less diecast. Those of you who want more order the japanese version but be prepared to pay 30-40 more

-dlx sized alternators will be 20$

-Shin wants a alternator god ginrai regardles of same scale...make it original 1/48 scale and as long as its super poseable i am game~!

-un beknowgnst to many of you Shin also posts a decent bit over at tfw2005.com and does his best to anoy orson to get more info to share

muahahhahhah

-Right now there are 8-10 alternators planned. Whether these are all cars is not yet determined

-megatron can NOT be a gun in the US. anywhere else like....lets say...

JAPAN

he can be.

-smokescreen and possibly sideswipe's guns become thecar engines.

-alternator cars are at 1/24 scale. If a F15 starscream is made at 1/24 scale he would be huge. So as long as the planes are IN a scale that is all ic are about

-Buy alternators like rabid wolverines since as long as hasbro gets profit from it the lne prospers~~

-for 20$ we get a GOOD toy!! keep in mind armada scavenger is 20$ also and compare him with a diecast almost just as big plastic transformer with way more qarticulation and u get a DEAL.

more to come later

please also becareful of what u wish for...

tidalwave was SUPPOSED to have japanese shockwaves colors...

but the fans bitched about wanting skywarp and since skywarp was puirple they changed tidal waves colors LAST MINUTE.

this is from kickback at tfw

It isn't like they made new Transformers with new names... that would have been ok, they took the old ones and gave them new boddies.

So stupid. The show has ZERO continuity anyway... What a let-down. :angry::(

Hasbro uses the same names over to preserve them. Many have been lost due to lack of use.

Each Transformer show is it's own continuity. If you are not "IN" to TF's why enter a discussion?

Anyways.......

The Sideswipe looks rough. Smokescreen and Prime look cool. I will probably just grab the US ones. Less diecast does not bother me. The thing that does bother me is alterations to pass US toy safety laws. I really hope Hasbro consider these "adult" toys and labels them to reflect. I would hate to see these toys nuetered.

Okay, couldn't resist, just put in a preorder for Prime...I swear, Macrossworld is responsible for so many of my expenditures it isn't even funny...it's bad enough all I spend on Macross goods...then add in ALL the side items and...well...I am sick... ;)

dont worry myriad i dont forsee any alterations to them other than paint schemes. The main concern i guess would be diecast but since it has less than the takara version i dont think we have to worry about anything. You cant shoot anyoens eye out since theres no missle launchers and its not like 3 yr olds would know waht the hell alternators are so trust me i dont think they willl be altered much.

due to ladck of name usage energon skyblast is just that,...skyblast....look at him hes even CONFIRMED to have been originally named skyfire.

thats why we get rodimus major when that sounds so so so retarded.

Not to mention alternators is the CLOSEST we get to a modern g1.

what could a fan want? a new transformers series that totally ignores what made it good in the first place? HELL NO..

alternators rules.

I love the concept.

That is one damn impressive Transformer. I haven't bought a Transformer since the movie was still in the theaters, but I'm going to definitely buy this one.

I can't say I'm too fond of the new Sideswipe, though. If it's too late for a return to the drawing board for Sideswipe, then I'll hold out for a redesigned Sunstreaker.

Okay, couldn't resist, just put in a preorder for Prime...I swear, Macrossworld is responsible for so many of my expenditures it isn't even funny...it's bad enough all I spend on Macross goods...then add in ALL the side items and...well...I am sick... ;)

no kidding. If it wasn't for this place I would be into EVAs and other SOCs, Mospeada (rekindled), and now these. All I wanted was some Macross.

For those of you concerned you won't be able to get one cause it will be a TRU exclusive and there are no TRU's in your area don't worry, Probably the TRU only release is for the US market only. Also if not, you can easily order it over Amazon as amazons toys sale department is TRU.

Watch out Prime cause you'll be Mine !!! :lol::lol::lol: