VF-1J Battroid

kazuki

One of my older works. This is the VF-1J, the robot that captured my heart in Macross since I was in Kindergarden. Nothing fancy here, just out of the box.

vf1j017xq.jpg

vf1j028wa.jpg

vf1j035rr.jpg

vf1j048jc.jpg

Btw, I noticed that there're very few postings of finished model kits lately. I hope that more people can post pics of their finished kits so that we all can learn from each other.

Any comments are welcomed.

Looking good!!!

But I would have to agree on the shading it makes it actually look small. I think thinner and lighter shading would give it a larger than life look.

Excellent choice in colors.

:)

One more thing, the skull insignia on the heatsheild really dosn't do much for valk.

Edited by nightmareB4macross

To Less than Super Ostrich : Yup, it's the Hasegawa Battroid 1:72.

To HWR MKII : I make the surface as smooth as possible, ie as glossy as possible. Then did a wash method with diluted enamel black.

To nightmareB4macross : I felt that the Skull would add more depth to the otherwise bland area. (you were spot on HWR MKII!)

To Grayson72 : It's just Preshading. Cover the whole kit in dark Grey. Then preshade with white using an airbrush with a low pressure (psi).

Thanx for all comments. I'll bear them in mind esp regarding the shading sections. :D

If more people were capable of taking photographs like that we might post more finished pics. Excellent job! :D

325812[/snapback]

Agree, great photography, can you share your setup for how you took these shots?