Japan TRU 1/48 Sale

MilSpex

I was just at the Hakkodate Japan TRU and picked up my first 1/48s a super Hikaru 1J aswell as a super max 1J for 10,000 Yen (around $100 each) on sale. They were the only types of 1/48s they had but who knows at other TRUs in the country?? They had 1/60 Elints and a few other more common ones for a bargain too.

Interesting :) One of my friends is going to Japan next week :lol:. Damn why is the Yamato toys box so big ? He will be able to pick up just one for me.

Yeah, once picked up a Max 1A for 8,000 yen. Although now that you mention it the "normal" price for the 1/48's on TRU Japan.com before the super sets came out was just over 10,000 yen. A little different story but TRU-J.com has also had PVC Milia figure on sale for half price (1500 yen) for months now. Guess no one wanted them. :(

I'd be down for a super max. Still don't have a 1/48 at all and a super would save time. Where's monkey and his love of hot fries when you need him? I'd pay him up front.

I can get back to Hakkodate TRU next Saturday if anyones wants me to try and pick up one PM me. Ive only got 8 posts tho so not really expecting anyone to be interested. I`m sure the same sale is on at all Japan TRUs so if you`ve got buddies anywhere Japan get em to check.

Whenever these kinda threads always pop up it never results into anything but I'll make my interest known if we even have the slightest chance at the bargain.

1 x super1J Hikaru

1 x super1J Max

323694[/snapback]

Yeah 1 X Super Hikaru

and

1 X Super Max

If you are up for it.

is there a TRU Japan website we can bombard with orders :lol:

I ordered a super Max from a vender here (the last TV one I'm missing) and am now in the precarious position of waiting while the vender "restocks." I would definitely order one from TRU and risk having two.

Ahh! One month too early! I'm suppose to head to Japan at the end of Sept. Last month, I picked up a Millia Q-Rau and VF-1J GBP for $87 total (not counting the JR Line cost to get there and back to the hotel). I've decided to start getting 1/48s and was planning to pick some up anyway. Hope there's some left at the end of next month.

I also debated checking cases on my flights back. I usually only bring a carry-on and to protect my toys, I ended up checking the carry on and put the Yamato boxes in the overhead bin. If I could figure out some way to bubble wrap and box the valks while there...

PMed :)

Update us on what you could get. Probably all gone by now :(

323755[/snapback]

Okay I just called TRU at Hakkodate this morning and they say they only have a 1/48 super max on the shelf for now. They only had 2 1/48s left on the shelf (A max super 1J and a hikaru super 1J) when I bought mine anyway so sorry to people that were asking me to pick one up for em. I cant get in until next week anyway so that max will prolly be gone by then.

My TRU is a small one and the main point of starting this thread is to let MWers in Japan know that there may be a sale on at a TRU near them or to get any friends in Japan to check at their local.

Good luck

Damn it sucks to be outside Japan. Someone, buy me 4 Millias and 4 Max's!

323601[/snapback]

True I wish I was born in Japan, long time ago I was almost born in the Phillippenes when my dad was stationed there. :D