New Pics of Yamato VF-0S 1/60

Graham

there's two things that were key for me:

1. the arms need to be extended and locked into place properly... if this is done the holes in the arms should line up nicely with the pegs in the legs.

2. the legs need to aligned completely. Sometimes there can be a little twist left in the thigh swivel that you need to play with. The calf lock should click into place and be flush and the arms will then pop into place securely.

hope that helps.

course, FPs are another story altogether. :p

Does anybody know how to safely remove the intake covers?  I'm able to remove one of them by pressing on the bottom part (in the manual).  The other one just won't budge.  I still want the valk have its glory within the first day out of the box.  B))

398753[/snapback]

So, nobody has removed the intake covers yet? Any difficulty?

Does anybody know how to safely remove the intake covers?  I'm able to remove one of them by pressing on the bottom part (in the manual).  The other one just won't budge.  I still want the valk have its glory within the first day out of the box.  B))

398753[/snapback]

So, nobody has removed the intake covers yet? Any difficulty?

399136[/snapback]

I always use a Xacto knife since I cut my finger nails really low.

Yes, the right intake cover pops out easily. The left one feels like it's glued to the frame. Funny, I tried my nails as well. Didn't work because I always keep them short. I'll try the exacto knife tomorrow. Thanks for suggestion, G.A. If anyone has a different approach, do post it here. Thanks. :)

I wonder if there was originally a rubber gasket that was supposed to be added to some of those swivels... it just strikes me as odd that the elbows would have ratchets but the thighs and biceps would be loose.

Got mine today from twinmoons. The right rudder is missing the little antena :angry: Man, I got 2 out of three. I have not taken them out of the box, so I don't know if there is anything else wrong with them. :(

Sometimes you win, sometimes you loose...

At least one of the three AFAIK is in near perfect condition.

I wonder if there was originally a rubber gasket that was supposed to be added to some of those swivels... it just strikes me as odd that the elbows would have ratchets but the thighs and biceps would be loose.

399208[/snapback]

I found why they were so loose as I took the legs apart to attempt to fix its looseness (and was successful in atleast tightening the knee swivels and the shakey hip joints.)

There's no hope in tightening the joints that rachet because theyre all held together each by one metal hinge (two rachet joints,two hinges in each leg) And there's nothing inside the leg joints to brace it or keep it from being so wobbly.

I wish I can take pictures of it to explain it a little better but I glued the outer thigh halves in place after preforming the surgery :rolleyes:

Got mine today from twinmoons. The right rudder is missing the little antena  :angry:  Man, I got 2 out of three. I have not taken them out of the box, so I don't know if there is anything else wrong with them.  :(

Sometimes you win, sometimes you loose...

At least one of the three AFAIK is in near perfect condition.

399312[/snapback]

Total bummer man. Sorry to hear that. My friend also got his from twin moons and the green clear visor on the head has a bunch of glue residue on it. He couldnt get it off. SUCKS

hey V4lkyri3, you used a mechanical pencil with B lead to outline your valk? how does it look? does it look pretty good? and how come you need cotton buds and alcohol? to wipe out excessive lead? kyastu

I use a mechanical pencil with B lead with plenty of cotton buds and rubbing alcohol. I think it turned out decent.

399308[/snapback]

Got mine today and I'm not that lucky. One of the tail fin tip is broken and I can't even find it in the box.  :angry:

I bought from Tmpanime by the way, hopefully, Tamim will do something for me about it.

I'm so jealous for the people that got a perfect one.

dsc007677dk.jpg

dsc007682do.jpg

Thanks for teaching me how to post picture!

399054[/snapback]

Email Tam he should exchange it for you. Its just troublesome and you loose some money for extra shipping cost and you might have to wait to get a replacement as he is sold out for the moment.

Let me know if I can help I live only 15 mins away from Tam.

I  don't know gang...I'm still waiting for mine.

I think Yamato should have stuck with the 1/48 scale for this VF-0S, and for other future macross plus valkyries.

But we'll see how it goes...I'm still not digging the battroid mode...just too much lines and angles...and at $150 a pop...the looks definitely gotta top functionality.

Fighter mode on the other hand looks great.

396904[/snapback]

1/48 V-F0? that would of nice. Big. and EXPENSIVE. Just imagine how big the box would've been. I laughed when mine came in. I thought it was a computer!!

I had to to justify to the wife why we're spending $200 for a toy for me. She said that I had no x-mas gift this year, that mine already came <_<

396907[/snapback]

despite how huge a 1/48 zero would be, I was just thinking of all the extra little details they could cram into it, such as actual working landing lights... or even inner detail like they did with the scopdog.. like fully removable engines.

Kyatsu,

I'll let you be the judge from the pictures I posted previously.

In addition to those, I'll post some close up pictures as well.

I like it, personally as they are not too thick as I found the gundam marker is too dark and too thick.

The cotton bud and alcohol are to remove excessive lead, and I also use a small flat head screwdriver covered with the wet cotton bud along the panel lines to further clean the excessive lead.

I used to do the panel lines using the tamiya enamel paint and thinner but I ran out of thinner that day, and I'd like to try the pencil method anyway.

hey V4lkyri3, you used a mechanical pencil with B lead to outline your valk? how does it look? does it look pretty good? and how come you need cotton buds and alcohol? to wipe out excessive lead? kyastu
I use a mechanical pencil with B lead with plenty of cotton buds and rubbing alcohol. I think it turned out decent.

399308[/snapback]

399339[/snapback]

post-192-1147579099_thumb.jpg

post-192-1147579119_thumb.jpg

post-192-1147579142_thumb.jpg

Has anyone tried removing the broken tailfins on the zero and contacted Yamato to replace the parts? It will be cheaper than shipping an entire Valk.

Also do not see why Tam needs to take a loss for non-standard goods coming from the manufacturer.

My VF-0S arrived on Friday and the right fin has the pin broken and missing. The right fin is folded over and resting on the left fin. Sad fact is there is no damage to either of the boxes. Guess it could not wait to get out and started to change on its own.

Well, I still haven't heard from Tam yet. I'm wondering if he can ask for some reimbursement from his supplier. I understand that it is not his fault but just wondering if he'll do something, so I'll stay loyal to his store. I still have tons of pre-orders from TmpAnime.com.

From the look of the part, it doesn't look like it'll be easy to take out on your own and replace it.

When I get a reply, I'll let you guys know.

Edited by ychanus

Has anyone tried removing the broken tailfins on the zero and contacted Yamato to replace the parts? It will be cheaper than shipping an entire Valk.

Also do not see why Tam needs to take a loss for non-standard goods coming from the manufacturer.

My VF-0S arrived on Friday and the right fin has the pin broken and missing. The right fin is folded over and resting on the left fin. Sad fact is there is no damage to either of the boxes. Guess it could not wait to get out and started to change on its own.

399357[/snapback]

Thats correct I also inspected the box, and it looks pristine to me. It's either Packaging or the way the valk bounces/moves inside the box. If you notice it is always the right rudder. Hmmm...

Tam may be willing to help out owners of broken units, but considering how many of them there are, he may find himself in the same situation Microsoft was when the '360 was first launched; no new units to sell or replace with defective ones...

Mine came in and as far as I can see it's perfect, no missing or misplaced parts, nothing at all, though I did notice there's that lil ugly seam straight down the face plate like the VF-1S figures.

keep in mind that when you read these forums you don't hear from the thousands of people who got perfect units.. you hear mostly from the statistically small portion of people who got a bad unit.

I don't think there's any reason to be afraid of ordering one.

Tam runs an honest business. He will settle the replace versus refund issue after he fills his preorders.

My concern is that Yamato :angry: not TMP :) is responsible.

Unlike the issues with the first VF-1S Roy and YF-19s, the fin replacement could be cheaper than the entire Valk. It saves the supplier eating the cost of the valk and we as consumers the cost of shippping.

:o Yet under Uniform Commercial Code the consumer is not responsible for paying for return shipping or ?even returning the defective item? :o

The last bit should also serve as a warning if really cheap VF-0s show up on ebay. They could be the defectives that have been replaced and are now being unloaded.

The vertical fin and hinge assemble are removable! With the fin extended, folded out, gently pull out and up along the centerline of the fin while holding the backpack in position. The single internal friction lock will release at approximately five pound of force.

Now we just need the replacement assembly.

Important to note the right "starboard" fin has L marked on the hinge plate and the left "port" fin has R marked on the fin.

post-3784-1147640860_thumb.jpg

post-3784-1147640886_thumb.jpg

Edited by Fly4victory

I got my VF-0S last Friday from twinmoons and both pointy bits on the tailwings were hanging by a thread. There was nothing I could do but break them off. It took a few attempts but I superglued them back on. No other problems except the joints seem a bit more loose than the 1/48's and the gunpod does not mount on the arms. It even sags a bit in fighter mode. However, it seems better engineered and it's my new favorite toy. I love all the details and how the arms tuck up far into the belly.

I don't know if anyone else brought this up, but I noticed there were stickers for a two seat cockpit (two pairs of triangles). I sure hope that means Yamato plans on making a VF-0D.

I got my VF-0S last Friday from twinmoons and both pointy bits on the tailwings were hanging by a thread.  There was nothing I could do but break them off.  It took a few attempts but I superglued them back on.  No other problems except the joints seem a bit more loose than the 1/48's and the gunpod does not mount on the arms.  It even sags a bit in fighter mode.  However, it seems better engineered and it's my new favorite toy.  I love all the details and how the arms tuck up far into the belly.

I don't know if anyone else brought this up, but I noticed there were stickers for a two seat cockpit (two pairs of triangles).  I sure hope that means Yamato plans on making a VF-0D.

399458[/snapback]

Wow you too? Bummer. Did you ever contact Tam about the problem? You should because Tam needs to talk to Yamato about these defective ones to prevent from future release. I ordered the VB monster from Tam and it came defective. The front piece of the head was totally missing! It took a while but Tam exchanged it for me. Had to pay extra shipping costs to return it and recieve a new one. :(

I got my VF-0S last Friday from twinmoons and both pointy bits on the tailwings were hanging by a thread.  There was nothing I could do but break them off.  It took a few attempts but I superglued them back on.  No other problems except the joints seem a bit more loose than the 1/48's and the gunpod does not mount on the arms.  It even sags a bit in fighter mode.  However, it seems better engineered and it's my new favorite toy.  I love all the details and how the arms tuck up far into the belly.

I don't know if anyone else brought this up, but I noticed there were stickers for a two seat cockpit (two pairs of triangles).  I sure hope that means Yamato plans on making a VF-0D.

399458[/snapback]

Yes, the sheet has two cockpit ejection warning tri-angles but only one instrument panel. I hope having "LT Sin Kudou" as sign that a gray VF-0A in on the way also.